Vidya and making it

Can you do it in moderation or are you doomed to fail in life if you play vidya games when you are 25+ ?

Attached: index.jpg (363x139, 11.57K)

Also dubs and i unistall everything rn

WotLK was the first expansion I played and I have really fond memories of it, but I know I'd just get bored playing it over again in Classic. Really bums me out, bros. Nothing is exciting anymore

some people can make it work, some people can’t. online games are cancer compared to single player. however, ive never known a truly happy person who also plays video games.

If you play single player, you will make it

If you play cringefest MMO paypig lootbox simulators, you are a permacuck and will die in your sleep unless you reply to this comment

Attached: tru5x59x9gj31.jpg (3649x3544, 519.89K)

I switched to tabletop wargames and my mental health has improved greatly. Not the only thing I attribute it to however. As long as video games don't dominate your life you're probably fine, but since you have to ask, you're probably not fine.

>giving Nu-Blizz a single cent
absolutely not

Sneed

Just go watch the natural hypertrophy video, just stop playing entirely

videogames are fine, but competitive multiplayer games are extremely dangerous for a ton of guys. they're extremely addictive and give you a fulfillment loop that makes you do that instead of other things to make your life better. at all costs men should be avoiding competitive multiplayer games. they also simulate social activity which causes your real life relationships to die. in the same way watching streamers or youtubers or whatever that simulates relationships is also a huge mistake.

but singleplayer or coop games are pretty fine. not any different from watching tv or reading books or any similar entertainment.

again tho avoid this multiplayer shit at all costs, especially if you are competitive.

I think it was Luke Smith who was saying shit about how video games can't be in the same order of beauty as books, paintings, etc. because of how they're designed to maximize attention, playtime, timegate, etc. To that I say there are some absolute garbage books and there are games like Ocarina of Time whose play through can be akin to reading an old book.

So I agree with your main thrust. There are constructions of media that are benign and beneficial, but there are constructions of media that are a cringefest. WotLK does have storytelling, interpersonal interaction (esp before dungeon finder), guild management/hierarchy, charming graphics, and an economy you can engage with. You will still have time gates (arena seasons, raid resets, raid progressions), and a questing system that is repetitive more than it is enriching. In the sense that it has good and bad with it, I assert that you can play in moderation and be just fine. You wouldn't be behaving towards an ideal, but maybe pale Greek statues don't interest you anyway. More modern iterations of WoW are surely skinner boxes where you're gambling whether your gear is titanforged or not. If Ocarina of Time is a bowl of flavored white rice, WoW is refined sugar with blue dye.

Wottlekay was bretty fun but i lost any interest in all actiblizz products the second they started retconning characters into trannies and censoring paintings in game because their management raped a few bitches.

Just play on/start a private server

im playing solo q on league and im fucking competitive af. i need to stop

ocarina of time is not that good. there are way better games. it was good in the era it was released but no longer.

I'll level with you, I replayed Majoras Mask and really enjoyed it. Don't lose the forest for the trees.

let's make an exception for multiplayer games that don't run too long and have no expectation of competitive rankings. Used to play Verdun and it was fun how games would sometimes devolve into casual quibbling over ww1 minutiae, and once the match was over gg it's fine go to bed.
In any case OP, just make sure it's games that aren't likely to take over your life.

Honestly man the giants stopping the moon scene is still like damn

Attached: 1663167802189510.png (512x448, 497.08K)

WoWfag, it was over for you decades ago

yes you REPLAYED it. like all nostalgiafags. and steeped in nostalgia. the game doesn't stand up anymore. I've played it together with other people who never played it before and seeing it through fresh eyes is brutal. of the two though majoras mask stands up better than ocarina of time which only has a few good moments and a ton of clunky bad gameplay because majoras mask is much more unique and still holds a lot of interesting ideas and different gameplay as well as a much better story than oot which is in no ways a good story. but by modern standards ocarina of time is no longer good. there are so many other games multiple orders of magnitude better.

Based

Games that are open ended, end lives. Seriously, it's one thing to play through and enjoy the story of a game (think god of war, Mario, resident evil, dead space, doom, etc.) But games that are designed to keep you playing perpetually fuck with your brain on par with how bad junk food rapes your neurons. They're literally not worth it.

Trust, I literally used to be a streamer for a living playing online games, the money was great but my social life and health went directly into the shitter.

I don't believe you made great money as a streamer.

Noooo

You can only play casual games or games from your childhood that you know like the back of your hand.
If you try and play an MMORPG 25+ you have way too much time on your hands.
WoW , runescape any of those games are only enjoyable when you can really invest some time into them.
Which is no longer a luxury you have because you're no longer 15.
Unless your a jobless NEET.
Also if you're playing MMORPG'S for nostalgic reasons they wont be as magical as you remember them to be, life is different.

If I ever have the urge to play wow again I'll just play a private server fresh launch.
I have played ascension off and on and really enjoyed it.

loser