My bench and OHP are quite stubborn

My bench and OHP are quite stubborn.
Is getting a pair of 1.25 lb plates worth it so I can jump up in 2.5 pound increments instead of 5?
Anyone seen success with this?

Attached: 5F5026AC-1469-4C91-8ED3-D9FED65EFDA9.jpg (1284x1596, 582.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mythicalstrength.blogspot.com/2018/06/quit-being-coward-stop-microloading.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes any increase is good

depends on your level. elite level lifters will increase at even a half pound on both sides. I mean I've seen quarter pound plates used. but assuming you're intermediate or beginner which you 100% are, you should just train form better and go for more reps. you don't need these.

This
Not this

I got micro plates. Haven't used them since i did SS. They are not needed. You need to update your programming imo

>should i spend 6 dollars on these disc things that will take up no space and probably solve my problem?
was it necessary to make this thread

Depends.
The thing is that depending on the quality of your gym equipment plates actually vary signifcantly in weight. If this is the case and plates move around it can often be the case that yeah, you're actually lifting less than or more than your target weight on a lift.
If you're sure that what you're using is consistent, that even if the weights aren't what they're stated as but you know you're using the same plates anyways, microplates are fine. Otherwise, feel free to drag plates over to the scale, figure out their actual weight then discreetly deface them so you can manage weight increase that way.

I am not good enough to need them. Most of my working sets are 4-6 so if I can't hit my targets for a session I'll just drop down and do sets of 7-9.

It would be nice to do smaller increments on db bench press though. I normally wait until I can comfortable do 4x8 or a set of 12 to move up, and even then I am struggling to put up half reps for 4 at first

My weightlifting coach in school said 2.5 lb plates were a fucking disgrace and if you could go up by 2.5 then you could go up by 5lbs.

Your coach was largely wrong. Anyone, literally anyone, who has pushed their linear progression gains can tell you that 5lbs can feel like 20 when you're getting into proper weight, and there's no shame in reducing the increments so long as you're progressing. Why stall adding 10lbs, when you can just keep going by 5?

Microplates are for cowards

build muscle, iso exercises, volume to get everything bigger and then hit for strength, doing ohp only forever will get you nowhere

mythicalstrength.blogspot.com/2018/06/quit-being-coward-stop-microloading.html

When I was doing GSLP, I used 1.25lb plates to increment 2.5lbs on upper body lifts. I stalled more when I tried incrementing heavier, especially OHP. There's also a mental thing where if you banged out a certain weight last workout, you should be able to do it again with only 2.5lbs more.

Had a discussion on this exact topic this morning with my gym bro. Anything less than 2.5 lb plates is a waste. Just do more reps at the lower weight until you can up it.

If you can go up by 5lbs you can go up by 10

he sounds like a moran

If you can go up by 10, you can go up by 25

Get a set of these and pick any half-pound jump you want! +0.5 (0.25s) to +5.0 (all 4 pairs) in 0.5lb increments.

Attached: 430267_01 (1).jpg (1000x1000, 98.18K)

I think those small plates just let you dial in on a specific percentage more accurately, They don't allow you to progress if you wouldn't have with only 2.5s available. It sounds like a programming issue.

What should I switch to?

I've actually come to really like them. However, sooner or later your going to have to change your programming. They are great for adjustable dumbbells too