Is it true that metabolism is bullshit at that CICO rules all?

Because I’ve been eating hige portions of food since childhood every day of my life and have never risen above 170lbs. Meanwhile, my friend is currently on strict 1200 calorie diet and balloons like crazy whenever he lets himself go. Makes me question the whole thing.

Attached: gif 3.gif (445x250, 1.17M)

Your friend balloons up because he slowed his metabolism by restricting to 1200 Calories. When he finally eats again, his body is trained to store fat. By eating lots of food, your metabolism is high and you keep the weight off naturally. Caloric restriction does not work for long term fat loss and is not healthy.

Metabolism is most definitely not bullshit… but it is part of CICO

tumblr femcel logic

>By eating lots of food, your metabolism is high and you keep the weight off naturally.

Attached: interdesting.jpg (208x326, 14.74K)

No. Like everything else the answer is unironically genetics. It’s like the bell curve meme with fatties coping at the lower end, CICOtards in the middle, and high IQ chads at the higher end.

I have advance knowledge in endocrinology and have run tests on myself to confirm.
>inb4 LARPer
What is true is that a good number of people can have what’s known as a metabolic condition like insulin resistance where in a nutshell your body is not efficiently burning the calories you consume even with intense exercise. This means that if two people can eat the same amount and type of food and do the same exact amount of activity one person will lose weight while the other gains. This is why people get fatter as they get older, their metabolism quality decreases. Of course there are other conditions as well that make fat loss impossible like hypogonadism (low testosterone)

There are certain medications out there that mimics the function of the hormone insulin and I can tell you personally that once doing that weight sheds off magically without any changes to diet/lifestyle.

I’m right and everyone else who says otherwise is wrong.

Attached: ADD91F31-3572-4EAD-84D8-7E07B879FF21.gif (407x407, 421.95K)

There are a variety of factors that determine your metabolic rate. Some are ostensibly genetic, but a lot are environmental.

Things like alcohol consumption, diet, overall physical activity, the temperature you spend the majority of your time in, supplements, cold immersion, etc, etc, can all make small differences that cumulatively add up a ton.

It also may depend what you are eating. Someone who eats 1200 calories of strictly sugar is not going to be as healthy as someone who eats 3100 calories of vegetables, meat, fruit, grains, etc.

Nutritional deficits in things like zinc can impact T production, which will in turn impact metabolism, etc.

>There are certain medications out there that mimics the function of the hormone insulin and I can tell you personally that once doing that weight sheds off magically without any changes to diet/lifestyle.
Well don’t leave me hanging, bro.

you absolutely need cico to lose weight but I do think metabolism has a much wider variance than people realize. Your friend has probably fucked himself up some way though. Like my sister did by drinking onions shakes and using a quarter cup of ranch (onions oil) on her salads. Gotta get those greens am I right.

How do I lose weight then? I'm pretty sure if I was put in Auschwitz mode year round I'd lose weight, similar things have happened to me but I gain it back. I'm 300lbs 5'9" at 24. My dad use to be fat like me but became very trim while still barrel chested in his late 40s early 50s. Do I just embrace it by becoming a norf powershitter and hope it sorts itself out?

Semaglutide and trizepatide

Talk to an actual doctor/professional tho.

>How do I lose weight then?
Unironically take your meds and don’t eat garbage food. You should ideally be eating protein and veggies and never breads and sugars.

Doc will I get lean on homemade cheese and fruit? I'm like 18% bf rn.

What's meds. Adderall and venlafaxine?
Also I was a ketolard for a summer once and did lose some weight like 20 to 30 lbs of actual fat. I then went on to a low cico diet with carbs plus high excercise and gained it all back.

I already answered this. Read above

>Is it true that metabolism is bullshit at that CICO rules all
yes. Oh, and your friend either can't count, or is a filthy liar. also, water retention.

So profound. Nobody has ever said this before.

Attached: BE41FE54-0661-428E-8D33-F952A46B6EDE.jpg (3464x3084, 1003.86K)

reddit science

Fpbp

Nutrient dense foods like raw egg yolks, organic butter, organ meats, white fish, berries, orange juice, organic ice cream, grass fed beef and lamb… you know the drill

I’m cutting on 3000 calories

Attached: 00CBECB9-9B68-4ECE-93BF-0FE4948CB6FD.jpg (750x1334, 709.78K)

Oh and 1800mg of aspirin daily, 6 cups of coffee, 3 American spirit purple and simultaneous orgasm sex

this.
there's a formula to determine the max caloric deficit you need and the max duration you need to apply that or else your metabolism will get rekt