Thoughts on YouTube Fitness Personalities?

>Greg Doucette
Started out pretty good, giving simple, practical advice because you don't need to get into technical research lit if you're a beginner, you just have to "go harder than last time." Called out bullshit. However, he seemed overly hostile to other people who do like getting into the technical science shit. Spent too much time on drama, but admitted he did that for views to draw people to his more informative videos. Over time, he became the very kind of money-grubbing, misinfo-spreading shill he hates, shilling shitty products and giving bad advice.

>Athlean X
I'd trust him when it comes to prehab/rehab anatomy shit. Not when it comes to strength or hypertrophy. Releases new stupid workouts just for the sake of putting out content. There's no reason to have 15 "ultimate ab routine" workout videos. Also, fake weights.

>Jeremy Ethier
Doesn't even have that good of a physique. He's just lean. A mix of good science-based info and overgeneralizing from some single underpowered PubMed study for the sake of putting out content and looking smart.

>Mike Israetel
Actually understands the science he cites and how applicable it is. However, most of us probably don't really need to watch a 20-minute video about which bicep curl produces slightly more hypertrophy than the rest. He knows what he's talking about, but it's kinda in the weeds and maybe only people actually competing should care.

>Scott Herman
I do not for a second believe that is his real accent. However, he does good exercise demos. A lot of his later content became picking on people who give dumb advice on TikTok because that's easy to do, but hey, you can only do so many videos on exercise form. Also, he has a great physique that looks most like what a normal person would aspire to, because most people don't want to look like Doucette or Israetel.

Attached: angry greg.gif (498x278, 1.78M)

>Jeff Nippard
He's got the personality of oatmeal and always fails when he tries to be funny, but his info is pretty good. Not as deep as Israetel, but he has a much better claim to being "science-based" than Ethier.

>AlphaDestiny
I don't remember what his content is actually like. I just remember he has funny mannerisms and speech that make him seem genuine and likeable.

>RevivalFitness
Did a much needed dressing down of Doucette, but I don't get why he thinks consistently going close to failure is dumb ego lifting. If you've got the safety measures to do it, it's a great way to progress.

>Buff Dudes
Pretty good for form checks

>RevivalFitness
Hate this cuck.

> Alan thrall
Distills down the good parts of starting strength into non autistic videos. Natty, outlifts rippletits, and recently got fucking shredded

I like that dude jonny shreve

All you need to get shredded is Blahino, Janoy Cresva, and old Pianoman clips.

The only two channels that matter as far as I’m concerned. Scott Herman is good too but I can’t take him seriously when he looks and sounds like the douchebag boyfriend from Scary Movie.

Attached: 90E21BA5-55D5-4933-A9B8-3F29E4BC2DF5.jpg (1280x720, 105.23K)

>Greg Doucette
Problem with him is that his message is super simple and not great for content, so the dude must manufacture content, i.e. drama. There's only so many times he can shout CICO and progressive overload.

>Mike Israetel
Yeah, the dude is a Ph.D so it's obvious he's going to go way into the weeds. He's not super aware of his own biases though. Which is both a pretty big sin in the scientific community but also incredibly hard to avoid (hence peer reviews, among other reasons).

>I'd trust him when it comes to prehab/rehab anatomy shit.
and that is where you shouldn't trust him. Because that is where he is the most wrong and does the most damage.

>Jujimufu
Had a great run from 2018 through 2021, then put his humorless fat sow of a wife behind the camera and it all went to shit. He wouldn't have had such a massive view count drop off if I was still editing the videos.

>greg douchette
pathological liar (lies about prior steroid use, conviction, TRT amount), scammer (turkesterone), so use to being on gear his cookbook consists of low fat foods that will ruin a natural's HPTA and gives hilariously bad advice about how to gain muscle

>athlean x
don't watch but another pathological liar (fake weights, juicer but claims natty.)

>jeremy ethier
never watched

>mike israetel
pathological liar (claims difference between maximum natty strength and steroids is only about 10%), slave to scientific literature

>scott herman
never watched

>jeff nippard
another fake natty but doesn't lie quite as pathologically

>alphadestiny
never watched

>revivalfitness
like user said, said everything that needed to be said about greg. i think something is wrong with him or something though. his demographic is clearly natural people but he always does this "fear of needles" shit (projection?) always came off kind of weird to me. says you can grow into abs lol

>alan thrall
down to earth, good content

>moreplatesmoredates
knew derrick from GLL before he blew up. advocates super low doses to shut down your testes for no reason, slave to scientific literature (with some exclusions like advocating higher protein ingestion for gear users,) uses fancy words for no reason. alright for some aspects of cycle design

>geoffrey verity
he's alright, content is a bit milquetoast but good for natural lifters. absolutely TERRIBLE takes on calorie counting though.

There is nothing revolutionary, new, or exotic that any fitness "personality" can provide you. They're there for entertainment, and once they find their niche they're going to have to pander hard (if they want to stay in business). They're more actors than actual gurus. Online "friends" for lonely people.

Geoffrey Verity Schoefield. Agree with most all of your assessment btw

Attached: 10186B79-0369-4B74-90AD-1FB00307F6F0.jpg (750x547, 258.81K)

>Buff Dudes
>Alan thrall

Forgot about these guys. Yeah, I like them. Thrall has that one video about how "imbalances"/asymmetrical strength isn't that bad, which sounds obvious after he says it.

>>moreplatesmoredates
Because I'm not interested in gear or which celebrities/bodybuilders are natural, a lot of his content doesn't interest me. But he has some interesting videos on other topics.

>YouTube Fitness Personalities?

Attached: 1662981921485099.gif (400x300, 884.58K)

>Barbell Medicine (Austin Baraki & Jordan Feigenbaum)
Both medical doctors who stay up to date on current medical research. Lots of good info on training, nutrition and rehab, as well as how to approach them as you age. Possibly fake natties but they've both been training hard for 10+ years so it's hard to say.

Attached: jordan_traps.jpg (1125x1100, 92.95K)

The best fitness influencers in no order, mainly because they aren't spewing bad advice, and call out bullshit in the industry like "muh test boost" etc.

>Sean nalewanyj
>Alan Thrall
>Layne Norton aka Biolayne

Attached: 1663044866291.jpg (3464x3464, 3.22M)

For me it’s the Buff Dudes and Dan John. I usually play something when working out but that’s about it.

I like him.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 134.71K)

Nobody alive is worth listening to. The only way to get worthwhile advice and ideas is from dead people because their words have withstood the test of time.