It's been two weeks since I stopped smoking. Today I wanted to fucking kill myself. low energy, depressed asf...

It's been two weeks since I stopped smoking. Today I wanted to fucking kill myself. low energy, depressed asf. Tell this is just withdrawals. Cause I'm in front of a convince store and I'm tempted. Fuck bros.

Attached: dreamstime_xl_99923336-scaled.jpg (2000x1334, 129.79K)

Once you kick butts you will wonder how you ever got so addicted, its an amazing realization.
Just hang in there, if you buy another pack you will hate yourself

Okay, I drove off. I didn't buy. I have only been smoking a pack/week for 2 months. How long do you think it'll take before I forget about these?

The cravings arent that bad, its the loss of routine that generally fucks you up.

>Okay, I drove off. I didn't buy. I have only been smoking a pack/week for 2 months. How long do you think it'll take before I forget about these?
Not sure. I never had a problem going cold turkey. Next time you get the urge to smoke, just buy something to drink instead. That's how I kicked my alcohol habit

Never thought of it that way..

Attached: tenor.png (500x282, 132.76K)

3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months.

read mateos quit smoking blog. it does get better (or else no one would ever quit.) easier at 3 weeks, it really takes 3 months go. don't reset everything man

It's very true. It takes at least a year to get over a lot of little things, because it's your first time doing them without smoking. Ever use a cigarette to light fireworks? How about how you have to plan buying an extra pack or two at Christmas because all the stores are closed? Little shit like that makes you think about it. It's worth it to quit though.

Hey man, one little cig won’t hurt

Attached: 6B5BE3B0-F8D5-4991-AC09-4D0894A28CB1.jpg (642x867, 264.71K)

Ive also quit cigarettes, 6 years of smoking half a pack a day. Its tough but its sooo worth it. Your dick gets harder, everything tastes better, your lung doesnt shit itself, you stop smelling like an ashtray. Cravings and moments of weakness are part of quitting. Just be prepared for when the next time comes around because it will. And if you're not prepared you'll buy a pack, take one drag and feel instant regret and the realization that you still have 19 cigarettes left over.

Never forget how far you've come, you would be throwing everything away for one drag of a cigarette.

Hang in there

Attached: _20210729_144056.jpg (295x434, 32.1K)

one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt one cigarette won't hurt

Attached: sdsf_888asdafg.gif (516x516, 1.43M)

Stay away from alcohol on your first three weeks. One beer with friends is ok, but you know what I mean

i started smoking again once i started this new job. first it was just one after every shift, then it turned to 3/day and i said my last pack would be it. been about 2 weeks, thinking of cigs i smoked in high school and its tempting. i just really enjoy nicotine, i think that on its own is fine especially for things like focus.

You won't really feel much better when you are off drugs, but you will develop discipline so as to not let the intrusive thoughts enter. This is what I think non-addicts get wrong when trying to coach people out of an addiction, especially to a stimulant. You will never feel as good as you feel when on stimulants. The reason more people don't abuse them is because people either haven't tried or given them their fare shake. You won't "forget" what being stimmed feels like.

That having been said, moderation in all things. I'm sure even the most shredded people in existence have had a cupcake before. So something that can help you to get through your withdrawal is to think of this as a non-absolute process. A cigarette or two down the line isn't going to kill you, so think of it that way. Thinking of the possibility of having a cigarette in the future will actually *decrease* your current craving, because it puts you in control.

It's the same effect how after you finish your reps or workout you want to do a bit more, because you want to. So have a cigarette, not now, but some day in the future. Maybe in a month or something. Think of it that way. Control you habits and addictions, don't let them control you, and then you can indulge in a little moderation.

I never understood addiction, I've never felt so good on something that I couldn't give it up. Not even food, I simply eat according to my calorie need and macros, if I let myself eat when I wanted, I'd just die from fasting.
What is this feeling like? How does one enjoy something to the point they have to STOP themselves from doing it instead of actively willing themselves to?

not op, but some people are more susceptible than others. also, for most people, nicotine or drugs like mdma or crack are a stronger high than eating good food. not having an addictive mind is good, but rare. for others, cultivating discipline is necessary, but is often a herculean task

Do intense cardio for nicotine pangs. I swear to God jump rope was my crutch for quitting and catalyst to weight resistance training. Likely any intense training will do but this is what worked for me. When you feel the pang, physically exert yourself.

To be fair, I haven't tried recreational drugs really, I've tried edibles, been on hydrocodone and morphine due to injuries, took for a week at most and really didn't do much for pain anyway at the dose they gave. I don't drink but I have tried it. None of them were "man, I'd go out of my way to try this again" or even "wow, I feel kinda nice or pleasant".
The closest I can imagine is caffeine, but high amounts of that simply makes doing base things like eating easier, rather than "enjoyable".
Propofol was actually nice, had that for a colonscopy, but again, it took me from "I will fast till I die if I didnt push myself" to "oh wow, I bet a walk outside would be pleasant right now"

Never understood cigs, they smell like shit and smokers never seem to notice you can smell them a block away unironically, they just think non smokers are being dramatic.

>two weeks
Physical withdrawls will be over by then, but mental ones will last months.
This - the routine and the social aspect is the hardest thing to get over.

It's from an acetylcholine deficiency. I used to get it too. Dxm helps unironically. It's it's methadone for quitting smoking. Take some cough syrup like you would if you had a cold and you'll feel better. It's either that or pseudoephedrine, can't remember shit but basically cough syrup. God speed. When it comes to nootroopics, oxiracetam is good but fuck that just take cough syrup.

I quit cigarellos january 2021. The cravings don't actually go away entirely. 6 months in they were 80 percent gone. Now they're 98 percent gone. Every now and then i get the tinge for one. The first 2 months were hard. Got easier after the first week but that's when willpower actually mattered. First week was just being beyond stubborn since I had been trying to lay off them and had cut back to 1 or less a day like 10 times at that point.

first couple weeks is bad, past a month youll be feeling back to normal, just avoid smoker friends and social situations where you might get pulled back in

I had a difficult time putting it down once. I quit after I got tired of how fucking gay it was in all aspects.
Then I came back to it, only to be disappointed. Never touched it again. I don't even have the inclination to
>demands your attention
>tolerance keeps going up, never goes back down
>messes with sleep
>deliberately causes anxiety so IT can be the only thing that relieves it
>expensive
>makes you not hungry
Compare this to cracking open a six pack on a friday night.
>once the cans are gone, it's done
>not in your head constantly
Literally, the only the use for cigarettes is cutting weight. But the addictiveness makes it terrible to adapt when bulking season comes. Fucking gay

Ah, advice. I'd just say keep quitting and desiring to quit. Don't think something like, "well I didn't quit last time so there's no way I can quit this time". That's for people who have given up

There's a genetic and biological component.