Sleep gains. Do these things work?

Looks like chink crap and placebo effect to me

Attached: wakeup.jpg (550x544, 25.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pocket-lint.com/phones/news/google/153311-how-to-set-up-google-s-bedtime-mode-and-sunrise-alarm-on-your-android-phone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just keep your curtains open, literally same affect, you see the sunrise.
These are only ok if you have a night shift, or have to wake up before the sunrises for your shitty job. In which case it doesn't even work that well, you need the whole room to be lit up like a sunrise inorder to feel more awake.
t. wageworker who has to be up at 3am every morning.

yes
nigga this doesn't work if you live far north
t. live far far up north where it's either too dark or too light for 6 months of the year to get waken up by having curtains open

I've had sunrise alarm for several years now, and it makes waking up before dawn (06:00 when sunrise is after 07:30) on a winter morning way less painful. than just a noise alarm.

They work. I've had great success with mine. I've started waking up before it goes off and everything. Way WAY better than a noise alarm.

The science makes sense. We sleep in stages/cycles and if you wake up directly from a deep stage you will be groggy and feel bad for a while. But if you wake up from a light stage you can jump straight out of bed and feel great. This alarm is a method to use your body's natural mechanisms to gently bring you out of deep sleep so that when you wake up you will feel much better.

You don't just feel better, it feels like you're waking up at "the right time" so sleeping in becomes uncomfortable after a while. 10/10 recommend

If you have a new-ish android phone, it should be able to do this through the default Clock app.

If I wake up at 4 for work with this thing and go outside to darkness will it fuck with my head or am I good? Tired of loud ass alarms that early

Problem is that almost all models are without an app, the ones that have it have ridiculous prices. I'm tempted to buy a smart bedroom lamp and use the simulate sunrise option on it. Literally a fourth of the price.

in that case the best idea I've come up with is led color changing bulbs, hook it up on a timer so they turn on a dim orange color when you have to wake up, go to cool white midday, then in the afternoon a dimmer blue. I know "but blue light keeps you up" it doesn't, afternoon light is typically a dull blue color due to the ambient light from the sky.
I've been trying to figure out how to do that automatically, most color changing led bulbs don't seem to work on a set timer or preset, I've seen those fake skylights and those would be great if they weren't 100k.
Those alarm clocks unfortunately don't work well because they don't light up enough of the room to give the same affect, they're just a gimmick.

The phone itself is the sunrise alarm.
pocket-lint.com/phones/news/google/153311-how-to-set-up-google-s-bedtime-mode-and-sunrise-alarm-on-your-android-phone

It works relatively well, starts the screen as a very dull orange and brightens closer to your alarm time.

How about replacing the main light of your bedroom with a smartbulb and using a sunrise option on google hub/alexa to gradually switch it on?

Yeah this works and is one of the best options
I have my thermostat set on a timer so that the heat turns on 30 minutes before I wake up. Not only does it make it easier to get out of bed, it wakes me up rather gently about 80% of the time before any lights or other alarm turns on

I'll go with the lightbulb then. Any clue how many lumen should it have?

It won't fuck with your head as much as you think once you're actually awake.

t. Woke up at 3am myself for work

Do they have a bulb to do that? How do you set something like that up? I don't have google hub or an alexa, I'm still using a 10yo phone since the thing never broke, they stopped producing batteries for it tho and those only last for like, 5-10 years, so even tho it works fine, theres no more working batteries for it anymore.

Yup, you need something called smart lightbulbs that connect to your home wifi network. From there you can setup everything you need or use the lightbulb maker app.

Doesn't work if there are lights outside. An automatic curtain would work. I have one of OP pic rel and i like it but would prefer a smart curtain. They work but not really the same as an alarm. If ur sleep schedule is fucky it's not reliable, but if your sleep schedule is mostly good then it's a nicer way to wake up

What is this a sleep pill with a timer? Set it and it comes back out when its time to wake up?

Ugh