Leddit PPL

Is it a good novice routine?
And what's up with the amount of curls? 16 sets of curls a week seems excessive

Attached: 1.png (347x670, 28.51K)

I blew up when I did it after doing minimalist strength routines.

Also that bicep volume really isn't that high. Don't fall the "just do a couple of sets of biceps curls once a week, compounds are enough bro" meme.

Got progress pics to share? Not OP, but I'm running Fierce 5, but doing it 4 days a week. Only 4 sets of direct bicep and tricep work every week with that routine, but also doing some Grease the Groove chins and pullups every day.

Also, to add, why so many lat raises?

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

>I blew up when I did it
Anyone that says this is bullshitting

>Volume on standing rows is way too low.
>Pulldowns are not at all acceptable replacements for Pullups/Chinups, and are only an accessory to them. Do jumping chins with Negatives.
>should do T-bar rows instead of cable/chest supported rows
>tricep pushdowns/tri-extends instead of skullcrushers and Tricep kick-backs
>just spam lat raises bro XDDD
This is a pretty shit PPL all things considered.
But to answer your actual question, you should do 3x8-12 curls, not 4x, and then it's fine.

Oh, and do 3x6-8 Standing EZ-bar curls for Strength instead of the bro-curls on one of those days. Throw in some protonated curls for forearms.

Can I replace rows on the deadlift day? Deadlifts hurt my back

If deadlifts hurt your back you're doing them wrong or too heavy. Ask someone to give you critique. Doing deadlifts will make things less likely to hurt your back in the long-term.

I think that a 4x per week UL program is easier for a beginner to maintain program compliance. I did a PPL split as a beginner and wasted my time because I skipped workouts or showed up in the morning with no energy. Furthermore, you don't need to optimize for everything all at once.
My lower back wouldn't be able to handle the deadlifting + RDL + squats 2x per week + extra BB rows + substituting chest supported for t-bar + weighted vertical pulls. I'd make zero lower body progress doing what you're suggesting. Plus I really like chest supported rows, lol.

too many exercises

Go away Rippetoe

>t. powershitter

I'm doing Reddit PPL currently and tracking my macros everyday.

I'll post a progress pic after six months.

No point to a novice training 6 days a week. Better to start at three, then go to 4 when you can handle more volume, then 5, and so on.
Jumping right into 6x/week is moronic. As is telling beginners who don't even know what a neutral spine looks like to do barbell rows.

>5 days a week
>novice
Fuck off.

Anything more than 3 days is completely unnecessary for a novice and only sets them up for failure once the initial motivation wears off.

3 good hard days of basic compounds plus whatever accessories they're most keen on for fun for at least 4-6 months.

10-20 sets is often recommended for hypertrophy
whether or not you need that much depends on the individual