/fat/ - fat loss general

>Who is /fat/ for?
For cookie cream consuming cretins who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication. This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq

Previous:

Attached: 1660427191840.jpg (2048x1152, 364.85K)

guess you all made it
gz

I’m workin’ on it but I sure as hell haven’t made it yet

I feel like us /fat/ties are actually making it lately.

there's only two reasons why you would stop trying to lose weight
>reached your goal
or
>gave up

Attached: 1661266479445284.png (1000x871, 407.9K)

broke through my plateau and now i literally can't stop making it

Attached: Screenshot_20220831-081431.png (1080x1004, 60.78K)

why is /fat/ so full of manlets? or is it just body dysmorphia? becuase i see so many people complaining about being like 200-210. are you fucking 5'4?

>tfw 240 5'4"

6:54am, need to get up and cycle to the pool for a swim before work

I suspect some of the manlet posters are women

Decent progress with like 11kg down at this point.
Basically I just boil potatos for the week, buy a couple kg of greek yoghurt, keep onions and garlic and get whatever meat I can find be it chicken, pork, beef or fish.
Squeeze garlic into the yoghurt, chop in some onions, add salt and pepper.
Then basically just slam the potatos into a bowl, microwave them, then dump the yoghurt over it and whatever meat on top.

One of those bowls keeps me sated for the whole day. Remainder of the day I kinda just drink tea and coffee.
Cheap and fast too. Doesnt taste terrible either.

Attached: 1660609273836.jpg (630x630, 46.76K)

I'm 5'10 and 212 pounds and still fat as fuck

some are women, yes, women post here, the downside being they are fat though lol. but if they are trying to lose it, good for them.

>only 15 lbs away from being overweight instead of obese
>only 15 lbs after that to be under 200
it's habbening

Planning another 3 months of dieting after taking 3 months of maintenance. If things go well I'll go from 210 pounds to 180 by the end of the year.

Attached: 1656706712208.jpg (972x1655, 319.7K)

To become big, you first need to become small.

Why is greek yoghurt so based?
Tuna salad? Substitute the mayo with yoghurt.
Making a burger dressing? Substitute the mayo with yoghurt.
Need a dip/sauce for your meal? Yoghurt, herbs and spices.
Dessert? Just plain yoghurt. Creamy and smooth.

>You need to be ok with rejection, well more than that, accepting that rejection is a mechanism that guides you out of situations that aren’t right for you; it guides you away from people who do not accept you for who you are - this is key to loving yourself. The other path, to fear or avoid rejection is to prioritize destroying yourself in the name of pleasing others, which is the opposite of self love.
Yeah, I've recently discovered the recipe for the white sauce they use in greeks/kebab, I'm eating so much greek yoghurt.
picrel
Yeah, there are women, there always have been.

Attached: 1656756150994.jpg (640x523, 52.54K)

6' 200, trying to lose weight so I can have a six pack but I'm not really fat

>Yeah, I've recently discovered the recipe for the white sauce they use in greeks/kebab
Post it.
'luv me kebobs, simple 'as.

its fat enough to taste good and has casein in it which is said to have a sating effect. its pretty much hits that sweet sport of milk products where it has basically all advantages and no real disadvantages.

you can also "stretch" it with practically zero kcal vegetables like tomato, cucumbers or pickles and it will taste even better.

Greek Yoghurt (150g)
Salt
Pepper
Powdered cumin (a pinch)
Minced garlic (I put a whole clove, one can use less)
Mustard (the Dijon one : 1 table spoon)

That's it. The cumin does it.

Other ingredients not tried: Mayonnaise instead of Mustard, fresh mint, a few drops of lemon juice, minced chive...

Attached: French-Fries-White-Sauce-2-848x424.jpg (848x424, 45.83K)

>cucumbers
>Greek Yoghurt
Tzatziki is great.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 09-04-14 1429075534_2 jpg (Image WEBP, 5472 × 3648 pixels) - Redimensionnée (23%).png (1311x874, 1.41M)