Spotting ettiquete?

Whats the rule on asking strangers to spot for you?

I was doing my last set for bench

An AMRAP at 85 percent

Weight was 175 and i did 7 of them

The guy spotting me seemed super reluctant and confused that i would ask him. I had to like drag him to my bench.

He did spot me though. On the 8th rep he saved my life and helped me rerack the weight.

Attached: 1649355024055.jpg (422x256, 34.56K)

>On the 8th rep he saved my life
Don’t ask for a spot if you are going to do this if you aren’t friendly with them. At least make sure they actually look strong and would be psyched to help.

Normally, just have them there to watch you. Be confident that you can do it, but have them there for safety or in case you get gassed out sooner than you anticipate for whatever reason. Also instruct them not to touch the bar unless you’re stalling.

Scope out dudes who look like they meet the criteria for a food spotter while you warm up/

He was confused because no one should need a spotter for 175. Fucking babbyweight.

>Spotting less than 1.5pl8

Yeah no shit he was confused

Its an AMRAP set bitch. Youre supposed to fail

Guess a t. Nogains cuck like you wouldnt know that

>AMRAP
>Youre supposed to fail
AMRAP isn't "until failure", quite literally the opposite, it's as many reps as possible (without going to failure).

The fuck kinda retarded thinking is that? No dude AMRAP is 100% going to muscular failure. Literally "as many reps as possible." It's not AMRAPBDF

It is though. Read the book. As many reps as possible until your form breaks down. Form breaks down a few reps before failure usually

No, AMRAP is as many reps as possible without going to failure.
You also don't know what 100% muscular failure is either, you've never truly experienced that.
As for "going to failure", you need to specify concentric, isometric, or eccentric failure.

If it was to failure the program would simply say to failure, he wouldn’t create a whole new acronym and write a book about it lmao.

People can write books about any topic they want, it doesn't mean they actually know what they're talking about.

I don't know much, but I know that if you're failing to do 8 reps on bench at 175 you're never ever ever going to make it.

Okay whatever bro you’re the one doing the AMRAP sets. Which come from a specific book. That you obviously didn’t read.

I () am not OP. I am

Just dont touch the bar unless its extremely clear they need help

Oh okay. I am agreeing with you here

Thats a PR of 205 x2 and my PR was 165 2 months ago. 40lbs in 8 weeks. Im making it bro. Suck my dick.

Just don't crack a rib bouncing the bar off your body ego lifting, big guy.

Imagine structuring ANY of your programming around failing lifts?

Isolation, bodybuilding fluff stuff maybe I'd get it, but with something like bench press you should be executing the lift correctly every time. Why would you practice missing a lift? Why would you PLAN to fail to execute? You're training bad habits when you could just increase the volume or weight to get the same overload, instead of intentionally pinning yourself under your poverty bench every week.

>Whats the rule on asking strangers to spot for you?
Most people will give you a spot if you ask nicely. Truth is most people don't know how to give a spot correctly. Tell them exactly what you want them to do so there are no confusing moments during the reps since that is how injuries can happen.

Agree with you partially, yes almost killing yourself with the bar with only a mans dick in your face is pretty soi.

But the last few lifts are important and you could stop early if you dont do amrap so its good advice for normies. Also negatives have been proven to be insanely good for gains and the slow letting down of the weights on the last rep is good but they should honestly just do negatives when they start struggling instead of planning to fail