How to bench properly?

I'm a little worried about the bench press. I'm a complete beginner, 0 sports during my childhood, yesterday I did a session with friends who have a much better level than me (one of them is a PT). It was an upper body session and we started with bench press. He made me try the empty bar, I did 10 repetitions. He loaded 10kg to see if I could lift them, I lifted the bar 10 times. He increased by 10kg again (so 40kg in total), and there I only did 2 reps, failure came, but fortunately I was not alone and he put the bar away. Then I tried again 30kg, I only did 2 reps, then 25kg where I did 6 or 7. In short, I'm totally burnt out, and for the rest of the session I wasn't even able to do the rest of the exercises entirely whatever was the weight I was trying.

This morning I came across a video of some who broke his arm while benching, and I'd like to know how it happened to him. I had never seen that before. Here the link of the video: youtube.com/watch?v=WpuAHadxYpw

More generally this exercise gives me anxiety, I'm a beginner and anticipating failure is not my strong point, I am not a medium and I wonder how I could become one even with experience, since there are too many external variables at play, including fatigue or motivation. How to approach this exercise serenely? Is the "roll of shame" technique easy to apply and still feasible? Do I have to overcome my shyness and ask the monsters at my gym their help?

Attached: pLaRi5jXSHDKu6WRydetBo-1200-80.jpg (1000x563, 45.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/bench-press/
dropbox.com/sh/2g2b6nmdqydstpc/AAC7FehPOIKGT-l9l3Avnjf3a?dl=0&preview=Starting Strength, 3rd Edition-Rippetoe.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's totally normal for your first time, you don't really have any muscle endurance so you will struggle doing a bunch of reps. I would recommend trying to do 25kg for 5 reps x 5 next time.
This is a good site to learn form, it's a lot of info but you should be able to get the most of it, it even teaches you how to properly fail a rep:
If you want you could also bench somewhere where their are safeties (something that will catch the bar if you fail) but generally you should always leave 1 rep in the tank and you shouldn't be failing in the middle of reps.

What do you think of the video? This is literally my nightmare.

Here are some tips:
>Always warm up with a weight you know you can handle (empty bar) and slowly add weight
>You can fail without a spotter by rolling the bar down your body to your waist, standing up and dumping it
>If you use proper form and a weight you can handle, you won't snap your shit up
>It is safer to to do low weight for high reps (10-20) than high weight for low reps (1-5)
>you can use dumbbells if you don't like the bar

Read Starting Strength you retard. It has like 50 pages on how to bench.
> tldr
> Don't flare your elbows out by more than 70 degrees to avoid shoulder impingement
> Bench in a power rack with the safeties set very slightly below archer chest level

I already know everything you've just mentioned, but is "rolling the bar down your body" always possible? I guess it is for low-weight bars like 30 or 40kg, but is it the same for 60, 80, 100kg ?

I'd like to try all the exercises with dumbbells but at the moment I shake too much to do them properly.

Can you give me an example of a bench with safeties?

No, which is why you're bench in a power rack. Safer than a spotter, removes the need for a spotter, literally cannot die/get pinned.
Read Starting Strength.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 122.96K)

Won't happen to you if you don't act like a complete retard
He tried to twist out from under the bar, started to rotate his shoulder and the weight finished the job for him.
If he had just waited for someone to come help him or, better yet, had a spotter when attempting one rep max, this would not have happened

Yes it is possible for over 100kg, search "roll of shame bench press" on youtube.

Don't worry about going close to failure for at least a few weeks. Just learn the movement pattern, focus on feeling the chest and performing consistent reps.

READ. STARTING. STRENGTH.

Ok, I don't think such things exist for benches of my low-cost gym in France

Power racks are usually used for squats in normie globo gyms. If your gym doesn't have a power rack, you can neither bench nor squat safely and need to find a new gym.
You need to stop being such a helpless dumb French fuck and read Starting Strength, which addresses all of this shit in great detail. Here's a link: dropbox.com/sh/2g2b6nmdqydstpc/AAC7FehPOIKGT-l9l3Avnjf3a?dl=0&preview=Starting Strength, 3rd Edition-Rippetoe.pdf

You just drag a bench into the power rack, btw. Don't use bench stations unless they have built-in safeties, which they rarely do.

Roll of shame only works for controlled failure. If you drop the bar on your face, you are fucked and no spotter will ever save you. The only way to bench safely is in a rack.

I didn’t read, just came to say I’m gay

Attached: 1661299989755069.jpg (624x767, 106.32K)

Don't do it, you'll only injure your shoulders, this exercise is a shoulder buster.

> shoulder buster
Only if you don't read Starting Strength

>Recently decided to try doing Dumbell incline benches because my shoulder is fucky and I've been trying to reduce the strain on it while it heals
>feel it 8x more in my pecs
Can I just not flat barbell bench for a month and not lose any gains?