Post your controversial Any Forums opinions

Post your controversial Any Forums opinions.

Attached: fbd4f3450cccee2caa9a2691bf658d8c.jpg (1200x1657, 486.66K)

for most beginners, squats and deadlifts are not needed. unilateral leg exercises are better for their mobility and aesthethics, as well as general health.
you can build a great upper body only calisthenics and using weights for accessories, as long as you do calisthenics for muscles and not skills.
most lifters, especially poweifters, have bad posture.
if you train correctly from the beginning you should never get injured.

Pullups are all you need to look good.

I always bench press to failure (meaning until I fail to lift it again and have to roll under t). I don't need a spotter, just the security things on the sides to hold the bar. ''Roll of shame'' is for retards that go to cheap gyms with no safe spots on the BP station and ego lift for instagram or some other bullshit (basically betas). You will never get better if you don't fail and fail over again. The point is not to be alpha but to overcome yourself. Fags that take pics in the gym don't get it.

don't do gomad if you care about body comp

"Tomboys" and Any Forums women are a complete meme in real life. Most of them look hideous because they literally look and act like men and not only that, they have more sexual mileage than the local town bike because they hang out with men 24/7.

Women, in general, are a meme and this board + most of the internet places too much importance on them. What Any Forums really wants is a rural country girl that grew up working on the farm, driving tractors around and shit that was not coddled growing up but still has feminity in her personality and character.

The best cycle is TRT + anavar (or SARMs). No one likes the roided golem meme.

Powerlifting is shit.

I want a tokyo urbanite salarywoman to soak in the onsen with me in an expensive love hotel she paid for.

You only need isometrics for strength training.

To normies, yeah. People who lift seriously here aren't trying to achieve normie-standards aesthetics.

- dumbbell bench press > barbell bench press
- hex bar deadlifts can replace both conventional deadlifts and squats
- seated dip machines are an underrated exercise since it allows you to hit the target muscles harder without worrying about balance and form
- the pullover machine is a superior back exercise
- ramp-up sets > sets across
- SL/SS should only be run for 3 months to learn the basic lifts

cardio doesn't kill gains. runners are dyel because they literally don't lift

Anything other than otter mode looks absolutely retarded. Most girls would choose a twink over a bodybuilder any day of the week.

In other words, steroid users. Enjoy your heart attack, faggot.

The importance of rest and protein is overrated

Attached: 1634426427867.webm (240x426, 334.95K)

>The zealotry that surrounds the big 4 is bullshit, unless you have the specific goal of getting better at those movements.
>The dumbasses obsessed with 1/2/3/4 couldn't do a pullup to save their lives and have no concept of a balanced physique.
>Cardio is more important than weights.
>Powerlifting is a sick joke.
>Rippetoe should be banished from all gyms.

Everything you know is a lie.
Obesity is from malnutrition, not overeating.
Hunters gatherers in fact do almost nothing, it's a life of leisure.
Most of body fat, likely actually all subcutaneous fat in humans is steatosis, not "energy stores" and can't be used as such. The omentum is the fat storage in people, once you use it up you either binge or begin starving.
Even going to the gym may only work by moving nutrients into the muscles at the expense for the rest of the body. That is you do get your physique, but fuck up your body in other ways, as your vital organs become even more malnourished.

5 year old's black and white thinking

rep ranges don't matter that much in how you end up looking (within reason). the old strength vs hypertrophy type stuff. intensity and diet are the determining factors.

Otter mode looks retarded. It's a cope because it takes no effort and you can achieve it in 6 months of eating like a girl and doing calisthenics

>The dumbasses obsessed with 1/2/3/4 couldn't do a pullup to save their lives and have no concept of a balanced physique.
You act like you need to be bulky to hit 1234 hahaha I was like 155 when i hit thousands pound club and could do 20 pullups. Stop coping for the fact you can't hit a 3pl8 squat or some shit

Attached: 34374.png (2219x1165, 1.02M)

training 7 times a week is not going to be overtraining for most people as they don't train hard enough but they still use overtraining as cope to only go 3 times a week

So what your saying is that most beginners would gain more from cardio because they're already fat and have no muscles and you think this would help their posture as well. I'm sure that's true but I don't really see how that means they shouldn't also lift weights, do squats and deadlifts etc. If they lifted weights and also did cardio, or even just lifted weights and dieted they would achieve the same results.

yeah but they would chose a fairly jacked guy over a twink.
obviously most people find bodybuilders grotesque but nobody that's natural is gonna be so big while being lean that its considered too big and chosen after some twink DYEL

If you can't do a 5k in 37 minutes and there's nothing wrong with your joints, yngmi

meant to reply to

Beginners shouldn't do sets of 5.

Attached: 1657025167468.png (489x332, 316.85K)

>12 inch arms

Attached: EBBCAC88-3E55-4C8E-BC7D-7861B75BAF95.png (1280x1520, 957.65K)

programs are a meme, it doesn't matter what you do as long as you hit every muscle and progressive overload, a shit routine yields as many results as one that looks good on paper.

Attached: 1585899056227.gif (343x297, 1004.4K)

I feel like this is true being a beginner and going from sets of 5 to 10, I don't think as a beginner I was able to really lift enough weight for 5 reps to be enough mentally, I could probably do it physically then but I felt like I couldn't so I didn't and I should have been doing sets of 10 so I could actually go to failure. I hope that makes sense, I agree with you.

No bro. I think cardio would help but doing calisthenics with perfect form is a bodybuilding work out, not cardio.
Try to do 20-30 dead hang, sternum pull ups... you will grow wing-like lats and very thick upper back. there's a guy, k boges on youtube, and he shows you how you don't need to do super weird variations to become stronger and bigger for the upper body, but you need to treat them like bodybuilding movements