/fat/ - fat loss general

>Who is /fat/ for?
For obese objects who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication. This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq

Last thread

Attached: 1661090027933587[1].jpg (2048x1152, 342.79K)

Sauces are so fucking OP. They can turn any bland shit into top food by adding just 5-30 calories (depends on how you make it).
I could never even think of eating broccoli before but now I'm roasting broccoli every day because I just pour my home made "big tasty / bbq" sauce (~250kcal per 100g, can't calculate it really) on them. Can now eat any disgusting "healthy food" and make it taste like it's some chef's special. Mental.

im not fat because I got a fitbit to do cico

Is this the new ebin meme?

not sure what you mean but you should try taking carb blockers so McDonald's bounces right off you and you stay keto

Whatever helps, friendo.

I'm 30 year old 120kg guy. I was 95kg at my thinnest in my entire adult life.
I don't know how long I manage to stay on track, but I just got a gym membership and aready did a couple of workouts. I'm planning on weightlifting about 3 days/week and some swimming on rest days.

Unfortunately, lifting + discipline is the only thing that keeps me from overeating.
I can cook a whole plate of chicken and vegs, eat and crave for more.
I'm jealous of people who just don't get hungry.

try meth

I'm back on the train. My old goal was to make it to 178. That's just enough to put me to normal weight category. Been there for over half a year now and I'm unsatisfied. Been hitting the gym finally, for almost a month and a half, and I want to lose my belly fat, so I'm planning to lose at least 20 more lbs while hitting my protein goals, and excercise. It feels nice to have goals and motivation again

Can't wait to start swimming regularly. Literally the King of Cardio

If you really want to min/max flavour then get a bottle of MSG flavouring. Zero calories and makes everything taste amazing. Downside is that it's literal chemicals but it is what it is.

I love swimming, I go twice a week and do 1200-1400 m of breaststroke.
My 1000m time is down to 27 minutes, working to improve that as I lose weight.

Just become a powerlifter. If you struggle to not eat so much you may as well put that to use by getting strong as fuck

>eat 340g of danish butter cookies and one small mcdonalds cheesburger with sugar-free coke on top of my normal 1500kcal diet
>next day my weight is up to 98.2 from 97.0
What kind of black magic fuckery is this. I haven't even eaten that much in net weight, how can I be so much heavier? I know that was a lot of sugar, but come on.

Water weight probably from the biscuits and sodium causing further retention from the McDonald's

W a t e r
O
M
A
N

Water/glycogen weight from the amount of sugar probably.
People can retain a few kg of water and glycogen, it's why people going on keto drop 2kg in the first week, they use up their glycogen reserves.

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE FUCKING SNEED OIL IN IT?
>BREAD
SNEED OIL
>TORTILLAS
SNEED OIL
>CRACKERS
SNEED OIL
>PASTA SAUCE
SNEED OIL
>PEANUT BUTTER
FUCKING SNEED OIL
I've thrown out like half of my food in the last 24 hours since I became woke on sneed oil.
I think this was the kick I finally needed to get on a mostly rice/legumes, meat/fish/eggs, and vegetable diet. Also some limited fruit and dairy.

Because you live in America and ZOG is trying to steal your vril

Seed oils are a meme.
I use olive oil for frying and extra-virgin olive for sauces/vinegarettes, but otherwise don't avoid seed oils and I'm down 40lbs.

>have to eat 1100 calories as a man because both my parents are closer to 5 feet than 6
fuck me 7 lbs to go. it's only 5 pm and ive been craving my "big" 600 calorie dinner for the past few hours

Attached: gun.jpg (400x388, 19.48K)

>MSG flavouring
I don't think we have it in my country as far as I looked. The most popular "flavour enhancers" here are a ton of different vinegars. White wine, red wine, apple, pear, rice, balsamic, champagne, and probably like a dozen more. I only like the apple one but it's only fitting for sweet stuff or for meat (in the same way there's sweet meat sauces).

tag yourself. As of today I have lost 70 nathan hot dogs

Attached: weight.png (1712x1892, 189.2K)

I'm down about 40 lbs myself after cutting out soda and fast food, but I've hit a plateau recently. I figure eliminating processed foods and thus sneed oils is a good next step.