Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: rowerg-20-holder.jpg (1638x960, 96.38K)

The gigachad of cardio.

> 5000$
> does same thing as burpees
> takes up half the room
> weighs 200kg
Hm....

i like the funny whoosh sound it makes when i pull the handle

Attached: 51251251251.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

The only exercise you need.

I don't think man, got nothing to think about in life

They cost under 1k, new. Used even less. ffs for 2-3k you can get an rp3 which are the best ergs in existence.

I'm a complete dyel and the definition of fat, weak and cowardly. I didn't want to walk, run or swim in public so I got one. Somehow I've managed 1 hour a day for 36 days. I started off struggling to do 1000 strokes in an hour on lvl 4 of 17. Now I'm doing 1500 strokes on lvl 6 in 60-65 minutes. No idea what I'm doing so my goal is to just gradually increase the difficulty while maintaining 1500 strokes in 1 hr.

I like it, I just put some loud music on my earphones and day dream as I row. It probably sounds pretty pathetic but the only things I've really noticed strength wise is my forearms seem a little larger and I no longer need to rest the kettle on the edge of the sink as I fill it up.

I've only lost 5.5kg (12lbs) since I started using it which is a little disappointing as I've lost a similar amount in the preceding two months.

FPBP

It's fun
You're gonna make it

Hella based user. No idea how to measure progress on a rowing machine, but what you're doing sounds like a good idea.

Attached: 26b.png (720x644, 35.96K)

>I've only lost 5.5kg (12lbs) since I started using it which is a little disappointing as I've lost a similar amount in the preceding two months.
When you started you lost mostly water weight, the latter 12 pounds were actual fat and 12 pounds are nothing to scoff at, you're doing good king

Attached: 51015-and-20lbs-of-fat-photo.jpg (616x834, 51.97K)

$900
Has wheels and stores upright
50 lbs
Hmmmm

cardio that gives you a bicep pump

fpbp

>$2000
>only good for HITT
>interferes with lifting gains due to intensity
Just jump rope

rowing is low intensity wtf is up with the rowing fudders itt?

Attached: 1575439027142.png (726x706, 97.33K)

The "new" ergrow that is under $1000 is shit compared to the older Model D that was much more expensive and robust as you would find in professional gyms.

rowing is fun and stupid good cardio
plus I love seeing how much energy I could generate
everyone who rows can fuck like a god

Why does rowing not release any reward hormones (endocannabiods? whatever), while running does? It feels 100% like a chore.
Shame running is so shit on the joints if you have a condition or are overweight.

bullshit, why tf do you lie?

I have a few theories:
1. Because rowing includes upper body while requiring good posture, it’s extremely tiring. For running and cycling, you’re just moving your legs, which are designed for cardio. As humans we are upper body centric, so lower body cardio lets us do other things like drink, wipe our sweat, change our music, etc. Swimming is also upper body and I don’t do it much, but since you’re not trying to keep your posture it may not be as bad.
2. If you understand the numbers on the screen, then you are constantly seeing, for every stroke, your performance. That is really mentally taxing if you have a specific goal. It’s very difficult to be totally consistent especially when you’re tired, so you are constantly getting (possibly negative) feedback. In running and cycling you may get that too, but at least you can distract yourself.

Rowing in a boat is much better, you have your environment + your team to distract you and you aren’t usually getting feedback on your force output. I get much more dopamine from water rows.

I get runners high about 20mins into rowing maybe you aren’t doing it hard enough or have bad form

I like to pretend I’m a Viking rowing my longboat on the way to do battle

Attached: CF2E916B-419A-4AEF-990D-E017BA917B33.jpg (656x679, 30.74K)

Very interesting theory. Naturally, from an evolutionary lens, humans were moulded into endurance runners. It's kinda one of our frankly imbalanced superpowers, next to others like the ability to throw, sweating, etc.
There was no such drive towards upper body specialization -- it's just unremarkable/generic for the weight class/niche.
I have ADHD and I have never managed to crack 10 minutes before it makes me wanna kill a cat out of boredom, even with podcasts on 2.5x speed. I use a medium-high setting, though.
I think I'll swallow my pride and finally put a screen in front and watch YT videos or comedy anime.