Why isn't Any Forums Mccandlessmaxxing?

Why isn't Any Forums Mccandlessmaxxing?

Attached: wtf.jpg (768x507, 98.28K)

I have, results weren't worth it

What happened

Honestly thinking about trying it.
But I know the risks and my mom would be beyond sad.

Just kinda sucks all around. Hitch hike halfway across the country (usa), met a lot of great, or at least interesting people. After a month or 2 in the woods, I got bored and just went back. Kinda missed people.

My friend is currently doing something like this, I don’t think it’s as great as people make it out to be. I’d rather save up money and fly somewhere exotic then have the money to eat at good restaurants and do other fun shit

On of the hallmarks of whether someone is an NPC or not is if they understand the attraction of doing a McCandless. NPCs don't understand and just want their cities, restaurants and cafes.

>y-youre a-an NPC
absolute cope, also never said anything about cities, I regularly travel to Alaska to catch copious amounts of salmon to smoke and can for the year, this requires money. A mccandles trip is literal poverty living, enjoy being like pic related fag

Attached: 1A79A0E4-4113-4ABD-B580-960228E7C3B0.png (540x9300, 1.48M)

>Why aren't you going to the woods with minilap preparation, which did not include a map?
Well gee why shouldn't I. Dying because I ate poisonous fruits and couldn't find a bridge to walk to the nearest city since the route I originally used got flooded and I almost drowned trying to go back sounds like a fun time.
God this guy was a retard.

>sees author example used to further an argument/elaborate on idea
>75% of his response to it is about that being false because he never said it himself
Classic NPC

>fly somewhere exotic then have the money to eat at good restaurants and do other fun shit
Gigagoy

Didn't this retard die because he was too stupid to tell the difference between edible and non-edible mushrooms? and didn't know how to smoke meat?

I'm not a homeless jew.

No, but pretty close.

Tried doing it after highschool 2009.

From Boston to north Carolina. Hitched a few rides. Had a camping bag and walked a very fair distance.

Basically most people you meet will want money, sex or are weird AF. A lot of homeless people will rob you for what you have on you if you give them a chance. So basically carry light, carry cheap or get ready to run or robbed.

Tried getting to Alaska, expensive. Something like 8$ for a gallon of milk. Immediately left. Had some friends who made it there and they did not like it.

Did 3 months, cost me over 400$ in food.

2/10 wouldn't recommend.

I went a road trip 2012. Saw all 47 lower states and Alaska/Canada. Way more expensive and safer. Never felt in danger the entire time.

Cost me little over 3k but I saw more and had a better time.

8/10

I remember getting actually mad while learning about this guy in colege. Retard went innawoods with zero preparation and no game plan. He was one of those sheltered pricks who has never left the city before and thought the wilderness was some magical place but actually got ganked like a noob instead.

Attached: R-1.png (500x516, 112.32K)

>Kinda missed people.

Attached: fag.jpg (1280x720, 145.3K)

Everyone I met were either weird af or woke hippy. This one dude I met, keep in mind I'd never seen fear & loathing, started talking about how nice my skull was when I hopped in. Thought I was gonna have to yank the wheel or something on this dude. After a bit he asked if I wanted to make some money, intentionally ambiguous like just to fuck with me. But naw, it wasn't weird. He owned a cabin remodeling business and needed some help. That cabin, holy fuck. Cat piss and shit everywhere. It was awful, but worked my ass off and the lady who hired him paid me. After she left in the a.m. when we got there we worked for a bit, then took a break to get stoned and shoot paint cans and cans of mapp gas, then got back to work and fished up for the day. He spent most of the time bitching about the lady who hired him, straight incel tier woman hate stuff, was pretty funny. Turns out he was close to losing that job and not getting paid because of how much he hated her and the cat piss cabin translated into his work ethic and credited me for saving his job and check. Ended up staying with him and his family for a month, working different jobs on raches across that part of Texas, having fun and getting stoned and drunk w/ him when we weren't working. He was a complete psycho though. His preggo wife started crying to me when he went to the store saying how he isn't the person I think he is and whatnot (yelled at her a lot), but since I've been there he's been a lot better and happier. I believe her too. Could never tell if he was in a good mood or about to go postal and just start murdering people, guy had serious anger issues.

110% right about homeless people though. Fuck the homeless. Only people I ever had to fight on my journey were homeless.

I ended up in the Colorado rockies, but after about a month I missed people and walked out. Good thing too cuz the wild fires ended up crazy that summer.

Yea, kid graduates from an Ivy League school with rich parents and then throws it away like a dumbass by dying in the woods despite being half and hour from a town that he couldn’t get too because he was too stupid to bring a map with him.

>y-y-you don’t get how romantic it was. Y-y-you a NPC!

Cope more retard. The people who actually live and hunt in the area that kid died in openly state how sick of the morons trying to imitate his dum assert they are because they end up having to rescue them every year.

Damn, most of my life experiences are from the gym or video games... kinda want to do this now

>makes a bs cope-filled greentext response with no actual rebuttal
classic brainlet