Have you taken the olympic weightlifting pill yet?

have you taken the olympic weightlifting pill yet?

Attached: 15C2DD71-EE22-4E57-9F25-D0118E6DD51C.jpg (707x1024, 81.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/bus7ne
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Powercleaning is incredibly fun and I incorporate it into my routine but honestly snatches and jerks seem like tempting fate to do without a coach or experienced lifting buddy to make sure you're not going full crossfit egolift / your form is tight.

Yeah

Attached: PXL_20220725_232544675.jpg (3024x4032, 3.16M)

No, I only care about looking good.

You're too old to start. You just want a nice body, go bodybuild. Dumb fucking retard

notice the losers who make these threads never post their own pics

Olympic weightlifters have better bodies
Wrestlers even better
Bodybuilding is fugly tb

Yes. Snatched 90kg recently. Feels good man. However, I've been noticing my pulls get shorter as the weight goes up.
Actually jerks have more athletic transfer than power cleans, though both are good. Snatches aren't that hard, I self learned watching Gabriel Sincranian's channel + garage strength.

It looks fun as hell, wish I could get into it

Attached: -13133188407301.png (696x502, 464.42K)

Spent two months training at a weightlifting gym. It's really fun but full snatches is hard as fuck. I've got powers down but catching at low is tough. C&J are cool but I rarely jerk. I do really like cleans. Got to go back to the gym but it's far.

Lidia is made for ______

I mean I've done light weight one-arm snatches but idk man, my gym doesn't have pads, just bumpers, so if I'm aborting the lift it's going wide and destroying some granny nearby. Also my shoulder is kinda funny.

repost from qtddtot cuz I didn't see this thread:

Tried learning the power clean with Mark Rippetoe's videos. How's my form? Am I bending the elbows too early?

streamable.com/bus7ne

Learn from an olympic weightlifting channel like californiastrength. Rip has people setting up with their hips too high which puts more emphasis on the lower back and less on the quads. Try and keep your keys forward focused at the same spot for the entire lift. If you eventually want to jerk you should practice catching with a full grip on the bar not just your fingertips. Otherwise it looks fine, add some weight to the bar so you can really see where your form breaks down.

Why would I weightlift when I could do strongman instead?
Serious question, if I'm going to do a hobby sport why shouldn't I do the one which is visually spectacular and has a degree of variety.
Hell why should I weight lift instead of say power lifting, bjj, arm wrestling, etc?

>Why would I weightlift when I could do strongman instead?
gay, also more likely strongman would do you

You’re not doing a full triple extension. Your really have to drive your hips up through the ball of your feet. Try doing clean pulls.
Also, stay over the bar (head and shoulders forward) a bit longer, until above the knees.

weightlifting

Attached: 677244C1-B76C-4882-9251-22684129ABB4.jpg (982x1196, 774.32K)

>streamable.com/bus7ne
Shins need to be vertical when you break from the knee. Your femurs are longer than some of the oly lifters so you'll end up pushing your knees back out to scoop the bar in the 2nd pull.

Tbh man you're not going to really be able to tell technique that well from empty bar lifts. I don't feel like I'm actually doing the movement until I have about 50-60% load on the bar. It doesn't look like anything's really wrong but that can change once you start loading it. Put some 25's on and film again.

Because you like weightlifting. If you don't then don't do it, nobody cares

This is the frame where you lose contact with the bar. Try to really extend your ass and knees and feet, those three points have to be in a vertical line seen from the side. Try also to push your knees outward during the pull if you can. Grip the bar tighter too.
As others have said, add some weight (2,5 or 5kg plates exist, try 10kg if you don’t have any) to see how your form goes with load.
Your bend your knees too much during the catch, that’s gonna hurt when you do high weights. Bend at the hips, you’ll be stronger in that position.

Attached: B66EA431-D539-47B9-87CA-C50F77788245.jpg (684x545, 278.85K)