What is the best leg exercise and why is it the leg press?

What is the best leg exercise and why is it the leg press?

Attached: Capture.png (766x675, 426.72K)

>Takes the back out of it
>Comfy seat
>Rep the day away with weight you can't even dream of squatting
He's right, lads.

I use it as an accessory after squats.

>>Takes the back out of it
This right here, always thought machines were useless until I tried the leg press. Can go heavy without being limited by the strength of my lower back and focus on the legs.

I was playing ping pong yesterday and I got a big quad pump. ping pong is the king of lifts

leg press is only goat if it has the plates where you can easily adjust the weight with a pin and not that kind where you have to load on plates to change it. I dont want to have to load fucking 500 lbs of plates and then get up to change them when I work a different section of my legs

I've been doing this and getting some meaty legs thanks to it. I use squats as my first excercise then squeeze the last bit of strength on the leg press.

What if you max out the weight? Maybe do one leg on it

My gym has both. honestly I kinda hate the plate loaded one because it has 4 loading pins and retards come in and load it with like 20pl8 from all around the gym and do one inch reps

exactly, the plate load kind is either covered in 1000lbs of weights or completely empty, either way you are doing a huge amount of plate changing, and then you have to do even more if you want variations on the press. fucking hate that shit.

Any retard that does this, at this point I come by and suggest they lock out their knees for max ROM and watch as they turn into an ostrich. Punishment for hogging the plates.

You could use the plate-loaded leg press machine. I personally avoid it since it's often occupied fast the moment someone walks away from it.

Attached: Capture.png (824x805, 353.62K)

Deadlift.
Hits quads, hits hammies, hits glutes, and as an added bonus it hits back and forearms pretty well too. Leg press is basically just good for quads. But no low back fatigue so it's nice after Deadlifts as extra quad work.

I'd rather use leg extensions after squats and then hit leg press on my second leg day after Deadlifts. But that's just me

Yes that's fine. That's what I do with leg curls. The one at my gym caps at 200lbs so I do single legged leg curls so it'll still be a challenge.

cap

Attached: IMG_6435.png (940x1005, 1.03M)

My gym has this and a plate horizontal leg press and I've become partial to the latter: it gets less traffic for some reason and the sled catcher on the vertical one fails way too often for my liking. I'm not sure what difference in muscles worked is though

This is the best leg machine and if you disagree you're wrong

Attached: images.jpg (169x298, 10.25K)

It works the same muscles, just different angles. Also depending on the stance. I use the horizontal leg press since it's barely used at my gym.

Hey you posted a pic of the best, most brutal leg press out there. Good job. You actually don't need anything else for quads than this machine.

This looks insane, too bad my gym doesn't have it.