/fat/ - fat loss general

>Who is /fat/ for?
For fat fuckers who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication. This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq

Last thread:

Attached: kd9tecmbvkc61.jpg (1080x606, 133.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0531556522001814
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

CARBS

Attached: 343E7811-65C2-4EB2-B26F-7AC2ACA77F7E.jpg (1125x2241, 1.14M)

Hey /fat/

The script went offline for some reason and the fatty contest website was not updated. It runs now and fetched the entries from the last 3 /fat/ threads
Which should be all of them so hopefully everything is fine

I will run the script for another day or two, just in case someone didn't post their entry during the weekend because of the script being off

Attached: 1.jpg (515x515, 45.52K)

thank you fatty jr

Attached: 20220324_194456-277074587_667310217918624_544643227978151907_n.jpg (1080x820, 97.81K)

I ate 2-mini bagels and put 1-pound back on. WTF. I’m gonna go back to my keto-ish sort of diet.

> im gonna repooooost

How low am I actually supposed to go in terms of carbs? By my calculations between my two meals today I'll be at 25g. Is that about as much as I can afford?

6 months of progress. Maybe I am just critical of myself but I think I still look like shit, need to drop at least 20 more lbs, I may or may not make it but I hope the rest of you bros do

Attached: fatass journey.png (520x2188, 1.26M)

Nice job, yeah me and you have like 15-20 more pounds to drop

>lost 40lbs
>clothes all too big really
>don't wanna buy more as I have 65lbs more to go
What do? Go buy some cheap stuff for the interim?

You mog your past self, user. Now prepare to mog your current self.

Even with the censor I can detect massive face gains here, good job

buy cheap stuff for your workout clothes

It's not a problem for workout clothes, they can be baggy, my work clothes are now all looking big

sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0531556522001814
>Long-term administration of soft drink causes memory impairment and oxidative damage in adult and middle-aged rats

dementia is coming for uou /fat/

That says they used full sugar cola, no one here should be touching non-zero sodas if they're serious about losing and keeping off weight.

Hey I remember you posted a while ago after your first 60lbs or so saying you didn't see much of a diff. You look like you've lost twice as much since then now. Huge progress brother, keep it up

wild progress what is your routine

I'm so happy that I challenged myself for once in my life. Because I stayed late at my job I participated in aqua bootcamp instead of aquarobics. With my 290 pounds I was the fattest person in that class and I couldn't do half of the exercises. ( Like jumping out of the water, climbing obstacles, etc.) So a week later I returned to aquarobics but when I looked around me like 50% of the participants were morbidly obese and the rest elderly and overweight. I started wondering how many of them are doing this for years without any progress. Sure I can do everything in that class but I just felt that I would never get better at anything if I stayed. So a few weeks ago I went back to aqua bootcamp and today I climbed over 3 obstacles, something that was unthinkable a few weeks ago. Now if I gain weight back I have a ability to loose. And if I continue on I'll be able to jump out of the water in a few weeks.

Pic related: the obstacle I had to climb over.

Attached: floatfit2.jpg (1200x675, 127.61K)

Hi! Thank you for your hard work. What is the first prize for winning the fatty contest? Is it a cutie pie japanese girlfriend who sings mausu mausu pasokon mausu at random intervals?

>cut from 210~ to 148
>move in with some roommates get into bad habits with all the fast food they order and start using coffee creamer again
>6 months later start paying attention to my weight again
>175
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Never buy candy, even hard candy. Fatties like me, we just eat it or grind it or dump it into hot water and then eat it.

I fucking hate my sugar habit.

You ever just almost wish you had gyno so at least you would have an excuse for the tits? I gotta hit the shitter sooner rather than later, this feels terrible.