/fitlit/

/fitlit/ questions thread

/lit/ people trying to get more Any Forums, Any Forums people trying to get more /lit/, ask away without fear

Attached: filit.jpg (193x250, 5.82K)

Best Mishima book?

Sun and Steel, if you want something useful.
The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea, if you want something that reflects him as a person.

I want to build a library of epics from all over the world. I already have Beowulf, the Epic of Gilgamesh, the Iliad and Odyssey. Planning on getting Journey to the West soon. Which works should I add? Share any from your culture, I don't care how obscure, just as long as they had a significant impact in their respective culture.

I expect the exact same 10 books to be posted here again and again

Journey to the West is comfy, I read it as a kid and used to watch the Japanese (I think) TV show. What about some Arthurian stuff?

Attached: war-and-peace.jpg (1697x2560, 1.02M)

Don't forget the Mahabharata

Has anybody had gallstones. Is this something I should be concerned about with fasting and low calorie diets?

Blood Meridian and No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy are great reads. There's also a book by Ferdynand Ossendowski is a favourite of mine, I re-read it frequently. It follows the author who fled Russia, journeying to Mongolia and Tibet attempting to escape the violence of the Russian Civil War. It's potentially very embellished, but it's an awesome book and its depiction of the Bogd Khanate era of Mongolian history really captures the imagination. Survival stories, political intrigue and horseback shootouts, and it's available online as a free PDF

Attached: Mongolian_Revolutionaries.jpg (640x464, 85.96K)

unironically this is the greatest book in the world, he's literally /ourguy/. he can't comprehend why this woman is with a guy that's dyel and poor, and he life mogs the concierge in his apartment so hard he becomes euphoric.

does anyone know if the fashion and beauty product advice is still good in 2022? Or is it very dated (no I'm not one of those autists who wears suits in cringe situations, in environments I need to be well dressed ofc).

Attached: 51Ra6qO23RL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (313x499, 30.74K)

Why tf is Sun and Steel atleast 25 euro everywhere I see online. It's egregious for what's essentially a long pamphlet. Can buy like 2 infinite jests for that amount. Still gonna buy it though.

Camões is supposedly the greatest portuguese-language writer ever, this might be worth a read

Attached: default.jpg (360x636, 67.33K)

>reading capeshit

Reach the peak of mount Everest and then jump from it.

nah, stick to your manchild fantasizes tho

Solely epics or just stories from all over? Arabian Nights is pretty good. I also recommend the Mabinogion and the poem Madoc by Robert Southey should count as an epic although Idk if it's in print I read as a PDF years ago, and definetly get Canterbury Tales. Anabasis by Xenophon is also good but I haven't finished reading it, get the blue Landmark edition it has great footnotes but it doesn't interfere with the book itself which is hard for scholarly books to accomplish. I've heard Journey to the West is good but I've never read and honestly don't plan on reading it.

Don Quixote
Crime and Punishment
Dune

>unironically this is the greatest book in the world, he's literally /ourguy/. he can't comprehend why this woman is with a guy that's dyel and poor, and he life mogs the concierge in his apartment so hard he becomes euphoric.
BASED
>does anyone know if the fashion and beauty product advice is still good in 2022? Or is it very dated (no I'm not one of those autists who wears suits in cringe situations, in environments I need to be well dressed ofc).
CRINGE. You are one of those autists for asking this and then saying that at the end

Attached: 1653943814008.jpg (1500x2247, 1.04M)

Attached: lit-6.png (1817x1176, 2.48M)

This

Attached: lit-3.png (1316x1423, 1.67M)