Are dips a meme?

are dips a meme?

Attached: dips-1000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 79.13K)

They're pretty cool, started doing them recently. Idk, might update you in a few months if you make this thread again

Yes

>t. dip a 45 for 13, 115 for 1

Attached: IMG_20220731_175204602~2.jpg (3865x2938, 1.86M)

No. They're a great Tricep builder

>are dips a meme?
Why would they be? Dips are an excellent bodyweight exercise, especially for weighted calisthenics.
Some people shit on it because they don't understand how variations work but it's really simple: a wide grip will target your chest while a narrow grip will target your triceps. Do both and you'll be good.

No, they’re basically deadlifts for your upper body

No they're a fantastic push movement. A weighted stretch is really hypertrophic, I feel my pecs on dips way more then barbell bench. Also fantastic for triceps, just ease into the range of motion slowly.

Dips involve way more muscle mass than bench press, I've gotten gnarly midback doms during a dip session. They're like a deadlift or standing barbell ohp, all big compound movements that involve as many muscles as possible, only to be performed by the ultimate ubermensch.

They're not a replacement for bench, but I don't see why anyone would omit them. I like chasing numbers and gaining muscle, but I also like big huge movements that make my brain work like it should. Dips have a place in all 3 pursuits, as a big basic human movement, as a great accessory for my strength goals and as a muscle building movement.

very interesting exercise, feel a lot tougher on the joints compared to pull ups, but ended up doing them with more weight

Lose weight and your pecs might show a bit

do you not bench at all
how do you have 0 pecs

>bro fr fr you need to cut down to 110lbs for aesthetics bro.
If anything he needs to start a serious motherfucking bulk and add 10lbs to those 1x13x45 dip sets to grow more muscle. You fucking kids have zero clue how to get bigger, but you always run your mouths like you know shit.

I'm stalling at 3x3 dips. Should I be doing negatives instead or replace them with tricep+chest exercises and circle back later?

I keep fucking up my shoulder thanks to dips. It happens every so often and I cant do shoulder stuff for months. I'm swearing them off this time, fuck dips

me too it fucks up my shoulder qhen im p7shing more with one side

Do body weight dips every push day. Love it. Currently at reps of 16/14/13. Planet fitness doesn’t let you bring in weight belts so maybe I’ll just try doing the motion slower and maybe even lower

Back when I could knock out 3x33 sets of dips without breaking a sweat, weighted negatives were my favorite exercise. Like user said above, that weighted stretch is hypertrophic as fuck. Do not stop at parallel, or one day you’ll accidentally go below that and find you have no strength there and blow out your rotator cuff. It’s the same as with squats, you want to train the whole range of motion.

same, they felt fine when I was like 20 years old but I just can't do these anymore. Shoulder destroyers.

My all-time bench PR is 285lbs at 218. That picture is at 195 with a 275 max. On a good day I can 3x8 225. I just have garbage chest genetics.

Do Gironda Dips

Attached: gironda_dip_maximum_definition.gif (536x700, 41.69K)

Id say the main con is they dont build shoulders and chest as proportionally as bench press or pushups but they're fun

mirin shoulders and arms. id say thats your genetics bro, I dip 45 for 5 arely bench and my chest shows more

they always fuck my sternum...