Is a calorie really a calorie?

Is a calorie really a calorie?

Attached: 91592936.png (1021x892, 1.45M)

>The calorie is a unit of energy. For historical reasons, two main definitions of "calorie" are in wide use. The large calorie, food calorie, or kilogram calorie was originally defined as the amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree Celsius. The small calorie or gram calorie was defined as the amount of heat needed to cause the same increase in one gram of water

No.
It's chemical science which has been bastardized to let companies sell food that only translates to calories in a lab setting.

The most rebel diet these days is to eat simple whole foods and primarily meat.
Simple healthy food is being attacked by 'science' nonsense.

Please explain this image like I'm retarded. Is this pro or anti vitamin/normal mouse diet?

it appears the vitamins made the right mouse smaller

I think it's saying the mouse that was given vitamins minimized the damage BPA (a hormone disrupting compound) does to a lifeform. While anecdotal at best, and complete bullshit at worst, it does imply that under healthy circumstances the body can handle negative chemicals better.

but the vitamin mouse has worse fur and is half the fucking size

>worse fur

That's just shine on it's coat idiot

Nothing like that, it's about a paper talking about epigenetics and the agouti alele

It can't just be the seed oils is it?

I can't believe that obesity is caused by toxic shit. All my life I've been told it's my fault. What is the real truth? I am so confused my head hurts

Attached: 1610369475257.jpg (1320x1089, 1006.59K)

>implying mice are supposed to be lard buckets

polyunsaturated fat takes up more space than saturated, poly also is easily oxidised and actually comes packaged already oxidised due to the high heat of expeller pressing, and oxidised fat takes up even more space, it is also biologically harder to remove and utilise oxidised poly fat for energy or building than unoxidised sat fat

Attached: DALLĀ·E 2022-07-29 12.29.11 - Green bull cartoon in the style of wojak.png (1024x1024, 1.25M)

The "healthy" looking mouse is an obese, cancer ridden idiot
The smaller one is a healthy regular mouse

Did somebody say....

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL

First of all, no two animals can be genetically identical, so jot that down.

>What is the real truth?

how could obesity be caused by anything other than eating too many calories? scientifically?

don't let yourself be fooled, friend. always realize the blame is on yourself and you can always do better.

Attached: 1655951414619.jpg (1913x1026, 219.75K)

Lol how do you know he's an idiot he might be a little smarty pants.

does this mean i can binge out on hamburgers and bacon all day if I just eat the highest quality hamburgers?

fucking sweet!

Thanks for shitting up the board, OP.

What is so hard about the out part of calories in calories out

Humans aren't mice you Mongolian basket weaving faggot

>counting calories and being on a deficit makes you lose weight