Martial Arts

I'm 5'7 and 248 lbs. Thinking of getting into martial arts for weight loss and to know how to fight. Is it worth it? I would love Kung Fu.

Attached: wingchun.jpg (1024x576, 79.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eNzOBUFZ3xM
nw.de/lokal/kreis_herford/herford/20803942_Was-der-Wirt-Ali-Diboglu-erlebt-als-er-er-sich-fuer-junges-Maedchen-einsetzt.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5_S4omRTM6U
youtube.com/watch?v=WqK2IlP-JSE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4zj3tc7hrg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>know how to fight
>chink shit
Pick one and only one.

Boxing/muay thai + bjj/judo/wrestling.

Here's a direct student of ip man getting his shit pushed in by a 40 year old low-tier amateur mma guy
youtu.be/eNzOBUFZ3xM

Do NOT do wing chun.

if you want to fight you should stay away from dancing arts and focus on either striking or grappling

why did the kung fu guy opt out of gloves and do palm strikes?

>5’7
>248lbs
I recommend neck hangs till failure

>I'm 5'7 and 248 lbs. Thinking of getting into martial arts for weight loss and to know how to fight. Is it worth it? I would love Kung Fu.

Attached: ADD93429-5CB8-4561-9782-02B7189816A6.png (452x678, 21.42K)

I wonder at what exact moment he realized his entire life and martial art was a lie and a joke.

Good for you on wanting to take initiative. You will get there.

Read Pick one standup, one grappling sport. After 6 months, you will ravage the average joe 90% of the time. You will burn tons of calories while (hopefully) having fun and learning something practical. Kung Fu, Taekwondo, Karate, Ninjutsu, Wing Chun are all complete bullshit and will fail you on the calorie burning front and self defense front.

Good luck OP

Reminder that mma guy went around challenging any martial arts school, kicked their asses so bad that die hard martial arts chinks ostracized him.

I researched the performance of martial arts in actual warfare and here's the tl;dr:
>European > anything else basically always, it's not even close
>This means European fencing beats everything when it comes to armed close combat. Everything. Spanish fencing is especially good, but nothing is really bad or even average, it's all top tier.
>The best unarmed style is medieval stand up grappling (looks liek Jiu Jitsu) with a bit of basic bare knuckle boxing (the old stuff, think vertical fist etc) - this is still used under different names by all special forces on the planet even today
>Of Kung Fu, only Tongbeiquan works, as seen in WW2 against the Japs
>Of Budo, only Judo works, with karate a far off second place
>Nothing else of the Asian arts work in actual combat except the original Taekwondo (as seen in the Vietnam war)
If you art isn't on this very short list, it was tested and doesn't work or is newer than WW2.

see karate is pretty good when it comes to non-Euro arts, it lost against Savate in France but in Asia, it won against Muay Thai, Kung Fu and whatever else those guys tried it on. You could do worse (say, boxing post-1950s, it's pretty bad for actual fighting nowadays)

>5'7/248lbs
>"thinking about" weight loss
The time is now. There's nothing to think about. Do anything bro. The longer you wait, the harder it'll be to start.

Attached: SayYouSTG.png (696x623, 320.96K)

It's better if he loses the weight with a good martial art instead of fucking around LARPing Naruto like an idiot amerimutt.

no. you should lose weight because you're incredibly unhealthy, and you should learn how to fight because it is an essential practical skill for your own safety.

spend a few months doing cardio/moderate weight training, get to a more respectable size, and then find a practical fighting style to take on; i recommend krav maga, boxing, or mma.

styles like BJJ are about the technique, so you may get somewhat of a workout but probably not a sufficient amount. and if your physique makes the techniques difficult in the first place then you will probably just become frustrated and give up

My 5'7 248lbs wing chun master user will wipe the floor with you

for weight loss you should try muay thai as its the most intense training of any martial arts.
Its also usefull for learning how to fight as does Kyokushin karate. Wing Chun is only usefull if you have already trained another form of martial arts.
Don't listen to the grapling fags. They are all mma tv viewers that have never ever in their lives been in a streetfight. We have regular meet ups with other hooligans for fights in the woods and had quit some fight in bars etc. The only rule you need to learn for street fights is, is that you never ever ever go to the ground, ever. You go to the ground in the street for grapling shit, you get kicked iin the head by others and get fucked up pretty bad. People advocating grapling in street fights never ever fought in their lives and only watch fight on tv.

Ok, I should have removed Karate from that list I can agree with that. The rest are nonsense flashy sports which follow traditional culture for show.

I have a black belt in Taekwondo, did years of Karate. Both taught me a strong basis in kicking and speed which translated nicely once I joined Muay Thai and Kickboxing. I think if you are older getting into these sports however, Muay Thai is the way to go for standup. I also do BJJ/Judo, I truly believe you should do both of these if possible.

He lost social credit. No joke

>know how to fight
>Kung Fu
Kung fu practicioners don't fight, they are circus artists. They do impressive folkloric shit for show. There are ZERO people winning in MMA by using kung fu.
Inb4 "dude kung fu is just too dangerous for the cage, I train for DA STREEEETZ dude"

U have to learn grappling because of what u just said. so you dont get easily taken down by some hefty guy and can stay on your feet. also some fights are actual 1v1 situations

>t. has never done BJJ
it's like 800 calories an hour.

>frustrated and give up
everyone faces a very steep learning curve, no matter their physique.

>ZERO people winning in MMA by using kung fu
i think roy nelson was a kung fu fighter. im pretty sure there are many fighters that have kung fu as their background before moving into mma.

In germany, a 36 year old, 191cm (6´3) tall, 140 kg (310 lbs) heavy wing tsun master (with his own wing tsun self defense school) got beaten up by a 16 year old "Nazi" (his claim). He got beaten to the ground and his phone stolen by the teenager.

nw.de/lokal/kreis_herford/herford/20803942_Was-der-Wirt-Ali-Diboglu-erlebt-als-er-er-sich-fuer-junges-Maedchen-einsetzt.html

Here is the article. Its in german, sadly...
EWTO is the biggest WT organisation in germany with the worst possible training for self defense. Here are some "promovideos":

youtube.com/watch?v=5_S4omRTM6U

youtube.com/watch?v=WqK2IlP-JSE

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4zj3tc7hrg

>Nothing else of the Asian arts work in actual combat except the original Taekwondo (as seen in the Vietnam war)
I'd think an average muay thai practitioner would beat the crap out of any taekwondo black belt but maybe taekwondo realy used to be brutal idk.

Martial arts chinks didn't ostracized him bozo the commie government literally blackballed him for having the audacity to btfo le proud and great strong martial arts of the ancient chink culture and history.