Little evidence that serotonin imbalance causes depression

theguardian.com/society/2022/jul/20/scientists-question-widespread-use-of-antidepressants-after-survey-on-serotonin

Excuse me, what the fuck? Am I reading this correctly? How did they get away with this shit?

Attached: Little evidence that chemical imbalance causes depression, UCL scientists find.png (650x772, 438.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5qcJkvh3Zw8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is the result of treating the symptoms instead of the cause. The world is in a bad place atm especially with social media frying zoomer brains so they can never feel like they have meaning.

>theguardian

Yet another example of Ray Peat being right.
>pufa
>body temperatures
>sugar vs starch
>red light
>pigs in sweaters
>pregnenolone

Then post the proof. Not some random pubmed correlation study, but an actual, pear reviewed piece of proof posted on Nature or something equivalent.

yeah no shit, its because some people have too many SERT transporters that remove serotonin from the synaptic cleft too fast. also 95% of your serotonin is not in your brain. nice headline reading OP. niggerbrain

>pufa
>body temperatures
>sugar vs starch
>red light
>pigs in sweaters
>pregnenolone
Elaborate

SSRIs desensitize 5ht1a autoreceptors, which are a shut-of valve for serotonin release. This cascades into releasing BDNF as well, increases the size of the ventral dendats gyrus among others, implicated in anxiety & stress tolerance. We are pretty sure of how & why they work.

Oh I’m not looking for shit. I don’t even take antidepressants. For you to post an article from one of the most biased and shameless news articles in the world is proof of your insanity though.

Obviously prescription antidepressants are over prescribed. I do believe there are some people whose brains literally do not work without medical intervention. Once dated a BPD girl and if she had an untreated depressive episode it was truly devastating.

However, majority of “depression” can be cured via:
>sleep
>sun
>exercise
>whole foods
>social activity

It is shocking and unforgivable that physicians will prescribe hardcore antidepressants without requiring lifestyle changes.

Because research in psychology was funded by drug companies wishing to push prescriptions. They have literally never measured chemicals in the brain and the whole "it's just chemicals" can't account for any psychological disorder.

You'd think with schizophrenia you'd measure a patient's brain chemicals, but no, they basically just give them a drug that calms them. It's not a drug to try to balance anything, it's just a drug to sedate them through psychosis. Same with depression, the serotonin inhibitors do not treat depression, they sedate you. You can cure depression through exercise, diet, and changing your mindset. I had depression and suicidal thoughts daily from age 9 until I was 24 until I figured out the winning combination to treat my own depression, which I believe is almost entirely health and mindset related.

This.
Mental diseases are generally a gut disease, where the body gets overloaded by inflamation and this affects the brain

youtu.be/5qcJkvh3Zw8

Attached: 1657055358095.png (813x1008, 867.05K)

Prescription happens usually when a normal therapy is not working or impossible to establish

Literally yet to fuck a girl who wasn’t in these.

The therapy is not an effective form of treatment either way. Depression is a disease of the body and mind. If someone's body is not healthy their mind cannot be healthy. Also, therapists treatment measures vary so much you're going to get the same results from seeing a zen Buddhist or priest, and they're not permanent results.

Wrong, cognitive behavioral therapy works very well and long lasting, granted we're just figuring out but therapies improved with time

Bullshit, I got whacked on these when I was 18 without any attempt at therapy. Weaned myself off around 22, tried to get therapy at 24 - was told I had to be prescribed drugs to get the therapy. Fortunately I was smart enough that time to not take them.

Yes, but you don't need a therapist to change thinking patterns. Thinking patterns are like learning to punch incorrectly. The more you do an action the more it becomes engrained, but you can still change it through drilling the proper technique.

It's all a big racket. My friend is a therapist and he's a total wreck anyways. He's fun to go drinking with but the idea of taking his advice is ludicrous.

>pufa
>body temperatures
>sugar vs starch
>red light
>pigs in sweaters
>pregnenolone

Seconding the other guy. Explain what you're on about.

Cool helmet. What is it from?

Someone explain to me how microdosing psilocybin is literally the antidote to depression and the molecule is virtually identical to serotonin

Attached: 933C61F8-7124-43B5-88F5-2300F52C0A81.jpg (750x1212, 305.55K)

Its not and joe rogan is retarded

Lol Any Forums aitists and """depressed""" redditors on suicide watch lmfaooooo did it feel god getting fed the zombie pills?

It is moron, I feel great on it