/fast/ - Fasting General

>Last thread

>How do I fast/ safely do an extended fast?
It's easy! Just DON'T EAT. Anything with calories will break your fast - consume artificial sweeteners and zero-calorie drinks such as black coffee/ tea, Diet Coke, etc. at your own discretion.
If you're planning to fast for any longer than 72 hours, take your fucken' salts. Take Snake Juice*, or supplement electrolytes.

*SNAKE JUICE RECIPE:
2L Water
1tsp Potassium chloride
1tsp Sodium chloride
( OPTIONAL ): 1tsp Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) - makes its taste less hellish, recommended for longer fasts.
( OPTIONAL ):1tsp Magnesium
Mix and sip it throughout the day, don't drink all of it at once.

>What's IF/ OMAD/ ADF?
IF = Intermittent Fasting; fasting daily with a shorter eating window. 16:8 (16 hour fast, 8 hour eating window) is the minimum cycle. Beginners should start with this and gradually work their way up to longer fasts through weekly intervals.
OMAD = One Meal a Day, most commonly eaten within a one-hour maximum timeframe.
ADF (OMEOD) = Alternate Day Fasting. Fast for a day, eat for another, repeat.
>What are rolling 48s/72s/96s?
Rolling 48s entail fasting for 48 hours following a meal, refeeding (within a one-hour window), and repeating. It's the same senitment with rolling 72s/ 96s/ etc. It's recommended to refeed at your TDEE or higher with a low-carb and high-protein/fat content meal.

( Extra )
>How much weight will I lose per week?
It's dependant on your TDEE and stats; for each respective day you fast, you expend your TDEE. Universally, one pound of fat is 3500kcals.
(TDEE x average days fasted per week) / 3500 = lbs lost per week. Divide by 2.205 to convert to kilos.
TDEE CALCULATOR: tdeecalculator.net/

>Which fasting app do I use?
Install the free Life Fasting app and search John Boot in the circles tab to join the Any Forums group.

Attached: 8D2177E4-264E-438C-9DD5-DD88253C663B.jpg (950x1326, 301.53K)

Austin Castillo how are you holding up? Your skin looks a lot better but it might be a filter. Did your blemishes etc go away?

I feel devoid of energy but won't stop fasting.
That is all.

I'm feeling pretty tired too bro

Second week of doing 36h 3x a week, seem to be losing 1 kg per week. Good enough, one month to reach goal.

Doing OMAD but considering rolling 48s. We'll see when I weigh in tomorrow. Started last week at 230, goal of 165

Attached: rei_life.png (828x769, 796.36K)

What fasting app are you guys using?

>refeed woth grilled chicken and a salad after 96 hours fast
>shit a humongous log 1 hour after the meal
what does this mean? do i have a fast metabolism

Attached: 1624743357072.jpg (960x1338, 593.19K)

I don't use an app. just take note of when my last meal was and count the hours in my head. I'm never going longer than a few days though so it's easy for me. I don't fast that often either

>72 hour snake juice fast
>break fast with turkey burgers, cauliflower and a bottle of red wine
>wake up feeling like garbage
Thought fasting was supposed to make you feel good…

Attached: 1302A986-A527-4A6D-BFB7-6D1C7529B287.jpg (163x169, 8.88K)

Zero. Can recommend.

Forget the pic

Attached: Screenshot_20220722_154727.jpg (1080x1966, 166.61K)

I only use myfitnesspal to estimate the macros for refeeds

Last night I had a dream where I kept going to th supermarket to buy Doritos. I did it like three times. And I kept thinking to myself "oh God why? I'm doing so good with my diet. I need to stop". But then I woke up and realized I didn't break my fast :).
Day 3 here. Feel pretty good. Got work and then going to the club tonight.

either your body aren't adapted yet. that, or you refed too fast

Lol I had a similar dream about taco bell except I realized I was dreaming and got to eat delicious goyslop without the repercussions

>ashwagandha on a fast
What do you think bros? Could it break the fast?

Attached: 1655196662469.jpg (1024x634, 53.65K)

i ate like 2500+ kcal in one sitting. was it too much?

I'd like to make a habit of fasting on Sundays. What can I do to like, not be distracted by food?

Literally be somewhere that food is not and be doing something that is not food related. Take right now, for instance. I feel hungry so I am going to go swing the axe again.

That's hot. And you're right.