Thoughts on weightlifting?

Thoughts on weightlifting?

Attached: Screenshot_20220721-225002_Instagram.jpg (995x1085, 692.43K)

It’s all right I guess

we don't do that here.

What?

No, just booba

It sucks.

Requires a deceptively high level of flexibility, most people who have never practiced yoga, gymnastics, ballet or other things that also require flexibility will struggle with that the most.
I think many recreational gym-goers could benefit from doing some weightlifting.

respectable but dangerous

Waste of time, just do cardio.

What are you looking at, ladies?

Attached: 1657958150744.png (632x523, 309.38K)

It's more fun that socializing.

looks pretty fucking cool...I don't even know why since the movement itself isn't all that impressive. Though when combined very heavy weight, the lift seems like a very impressive feat of coordination, strength, and snappiness in a split second.

looks fuckin cool. you'll be very athletic if you get past the filter of injuries. a 315lb snatch is way more impressive than a 700lb deadlift. maybe any deadlift. beyond a certain point, deadlifts are just for 400lb bloatmaxed powerlifters and strongmen. no doubt strong, just very grotesque

Attached: 1658463119224753.webm (480x360, 2.98M)

I've been doing it since 2016, many ups and downs but mostly positive. Highest i've gone is 3rd at nationals @ 73kg bw. 26 athletes in that category

I did Texas Method for years and switched over recently. Definitely lost some muscle mass but it's way more enjoyable.

Oly lifting is more fun than Powerlifting or bodybuilding, carries over better to sports, and requires much more coordination, balance, and mobility, which are all more conducive to long term health.
Olympic lifting is better.

Any advice for beginners/intermediate weightlifters ?

Can we get some F's in the chat for Kate's knee?

Awesome. Ruined a little by crossfit people thinking they are doing it right, but awesome none the less.

Based

Weightlifting is for immigrants, women, and dyel redditors. That is 99.9999% of the demographic that wastes their time with this shit. If you have been training your whole life, are furiously strong, and genetically gifted, then sure. Go compete at weightlifting. If you feel the need to go to LA fitness and snatch 155 lbs singles for 90 minutes, kill your fucking self