/cg/ Cali routine to aspire to

Let's make a calisthenics routine to aspire to.

I know there's that reddit tier pic from that site from that guy but it's obviously imperfect and not that cool.

My vision for this is - eliminating limbs and working mostly with your body weight, maximizing it's percentage that you're moving - while at the same time minimizing/removing the balance aspect whenever possible.

HORIZONTAL PUSH:
> Useless faggot: wall push ups
> Mediocrity: push ups
> Elite: one arm push ups
> Elite: tuck planche push ups (on parallel bars)
> Legend: baki push ups (pic related) (maybe use another hand for support?)

VERTICAL PULL:
> Useless faggot: vertical bar pull ups
> Mediocrity: pull ups
> Elite: one arm pull ups
> Legend: ??

VERTICAL PUSH:
> Useless faggot: ??
> Mediocrity: hand stand push ups
> Elite: deficit hand stand push ups
> Legend: one arm hand stand push ups

HORIZONTAL PULL:
> Useless faggot: vertical bar pull ups
> Mediocrity: horizontal pull ups
> Elite: one arm horizontal pull ups
> Elite: front lever pull ups
> Legend: one arm front lever pull ups

SQUAT:
> Useless faggot: shoulderstand squats
> Mediocrity: squats
> Elite: pistol squats
> Legend: knee/falmingo squats?

FLEXION:
> Useless faggot: knee tucks
> Mediocrity: hanging leg raises
> Elite: ??
> Legend: ??

Attached: baki.jpg (474x266, 24.23K)

> is impossible

Attached: OAHSPU.png (593x674, 232.12K)

A lot of these are kinda eh as well

Attached: 1648655321292.jpg (3060x1628, 810.66K)

pistol squat is dyel tier and you put it in the same category as one arm pullups? anyway this whole program is retarded. 99% of calisthenics guys will never reach the elite tier or even the mediocre on some movements. the ones that do will weigh less than 60kg no doubt

you will break your neck trying this shit. a push press feels dangerous because you don't control the weight, i can only imagine what kicking at this position will do. it's so retarded

> pistol squat is dyel tier
I know which is why I'm making this thread. Problem is it just doesn't get much harder than pistol squats in calisthenics.

the reddit program is miles better than your retarded shit. Explain how you can go from a pull up to a one arm pull up with no progression.
Besides, one arm push ups and one arm pull ups are terrible exercises and shouldn't be encouraged except for showing off. Just do more pullups or do dips.

I was thinking of switching one limb movements for movements with some finger support. Like even changing pistol squats for pistol squats that you support with a couple of fingers doesn't really help with strength but eliminates most of the required balance.

There's a solid video on beastskills channel of one arm handstand push up supported by a couple fingers or an ab wheel.

i hear about sissy squats and leg curls but it's fucking stupid and a waste of time. i already waste 1h at the gym just doing 5x5 squats,3x5-8 deadlifts and 3x15 calf raises on leg day. can't imagine training the legs one by one or doing retarded motions to utilize leverages and suffering even longer for subpar gains

You're missing the point. It's not about progressions. Those are obvious once you know the basics.
This is about breaking down basic movements into general tiers, seeing what tier you're in and being inspired.

> i hear about sissy squats and leg curls
Don't know what exercise exactly you mean by leg curls, but sissy squats (at least at my bw of 150lbs) are pretty easy. I actually plan on using them as cardio.

>Besides, one arm push ups and one arm pull ups are terrible exercises
Again, I think adding some kind of balance aid like fingers or a palm immediately makes them great.

>99% of calisthenics guys will never reach the elite tier or even the mediocre on some movements
What the fuck? Who is not gonna achieve a pull up or a handstand push up?

I mean strictly speaking most people who start training soon drop it, so I guess in that sense yeah but it's like who even counts those

>Who is not gonna achieve a pull up or a handstand push up?
i said some mediocre movements. ex:
> Mediocrity: hand stand push ups

who the fuck is not gonna achieve that? Obviously it's meant to be wall supported.

it's not obvious. but ok. mediocre tier is dyel tier overall and that is where >99% of calisthenics guys with stop progressing. it's an extremely rare occasion when i've seen some twink do planches and true handstand pushups, levers. maybe 1 or 2 in almost 2 years of going to a very active park bars. just me doing 5 clean muscleups usually mogged everyone at the park and im not even a twink i weigh 90kg.

> most people will never get past mediocrity
Sounds about right

i have way more moggers in my cheap shit every day than i've ever seen in a calisthenics park. this is a blackpill i had to take and i wished it weren't the case because i like the freedom of calisthenics

What cheap shit?

oh i meant cheap shit gym*

muscle up is largely an useless show off exercise and absolutely loved by all the guys who go to these parks
funnily enough dudes doing them are usually not even too good at pullups and yet they feel like hot shit doing these funny swinging muscle ups
what makes it even more funny is that most people probably think it's a way more athletic feat than for example one arm pull ups or even well executed archer pullups or anything kinda static like that

yeah because most people who do them are kipping and swinging like retards. i can do about 15-18 pullups last time i checked because now i only do weighted pullups. and i could do 5 clean muscle ups

This just has to do with the samples you're getting. People go to the gym to get stronger and more jekked, and occasionally depending on the gym you'll get some retards doing 3 hour cardio at walking pace while watching The Irishman.

People going to the parks are literally anybody who's at the fucking park, starting with children and ending with old men with no prostate or muscle mass.

true enough. i mostly started gymceling for my legs but switched completely because it was more fun lifting weights. although i hate that i have to pay for it at least it's cool inside at summer. only thing i do from calisthenics now is weighted pullups

Add weighted dips, weighted pistol squats and you no longer need a gym

Unsupported proper form handstand push-ups are far from mediocre though, this list seems pretty retarded

Why don’t these fucking threads have a copy pasta in every post? Generals usually have a plethora of helpful links and videos and books. This one is always half assed

> Legend: baki push ups (pic related) (maybe use another hand for support?)
The other arm is already there for support. I've seen people do this as holds for a couple seconds. Still no full ROM pushup though.
>VERTICAL PULL
>Legend: ??
How about one arm l-sit pullup
>FLEXION:
Is this core?
>Elite: Dragon flags

Op is putting a normal pushup on the same level as a HPU. That's how you know the most exercise he's ever done is sucking some faggots cock