Are these bench standards true?

Are these bench standards true?

Attached: bench press standards.png (1178x253, 64.01K)

If you are a member of a serious gym or have a social circle of hardcore lifters, then yes. If you go to a commercial gym then dial each tier back and your done.

225 is unironically like a top 90th percentile bench, if you can bench 225 you're already beyond where most people in the gym will ever get

the person who typed that post was definitely about 280 lbs

Which is sad because a 225 bench isn't really hard to get at all. Most people just train like retards and don't actually push themselves when they workout

here comes the benchlet cope. C'mon little buddy you can hit that 155lb pr soon!

2 plate is not dyel tier for someone below 200 lbs, especially well below. the weight of the person in question drastically changes the strength standard. a person who is fat pushing a 1x bodyweight bench is hardly impressive, at all. look at strengthstandards .com, look at the standards for indermediate or advanced lifter based on the lifters weight. if there is no mention of the lifters weight in the post, the person is deliberately hiding information because they themselves are fat as fuck and want to feel like they are 'pretty serious about lifting'. just like you big fella! make a post using % of bodyweight for each lift maybe? youre probably op arent you buddy, just trying to feel like you are a god benching 315 at a weight of 315?

A lot of the strength standards you see online are gonna be inflated because the people who can bench 2pl8 are gonna be a lot more vocal than those who can't.
Obviously a 6'0" 90kg guy will be stronger than a 5'8" 70kg guy. It's no wonder the strongest powerlifters are also some of the biggest people on the planet.

bw% isn't great either since lighter lifters will always lift higher relative loads, while heavier lifters will hit higher absolute loads, but lower relative ones

I know it's probably dyel cope, but unless you're competing lifting milestones should be based on bodyweight. Being able to 1RM your bodyweight is the benchmark for being an intermediate lifter, 1.5x bodyweight for advanced.

3pl8 at 175lb bw this past week

I used to bench 225lbs for reps, full range of motion. Stopped lifting for 5 years because I dated a gains goblin. Just started again 2 months ago and I can only do 180lbs for reps.
So when does that muscle memory kick in?

is 185 good at 135 bodyweight?

1.3x bodyweight, pretty good. Would be like a 200lb person benching 260

That doesn't make it good

am cross country DYEL that got extra skinnyfat during covid quarantine. became liftcuck and could only bench the bar back in january, now at 175lbs. I rarely see anyone bench over 185, and when they do they aren't dyel surprisingly. i'm surprised at how many guys i see that are bigger than me but cant do more than 1pl8 for reps

That's not good

I don’t really see a point to going past 3 plates
I can’t imagine still running miles and being that strong

1/2/3/4 needs an update either based around bf% or calisthenics
Chances are most guys with a 3pl8 bench can’t do 10 pullups

and weight, 1/2/3/4 is way more impressive for someone weighing 150 than 200

If you're a male and 150lbs it's still not impressive because you need to eat more.

>Chances are most guys with a 3pl8 bench can’t do 10 pullups
True

I would like to see how heavy you can bench at 135

yeah so less competition for girls who like a decent chest. Only a homosexual would call that "sad".