/ROON/: No (You)s for Fake Runners edition

Post your latest ROONS and races

Attached: nyffr.png (689x517, 373.97K)

your latest ROONS and races

Any trail runners here? I’m looking for a nearby 50k trail race for the fall. Ran my first marathon this spring, the experience ruled and now I wanna try some ultra stuff

Attached: 5419E407-A506-4465-B1C9-ABBABCA96F01.jpg (750x751, 579.56K)

12km

Attached: 727287632.gif (498x498, 360.94K)

Not my best pace but I did it coming off a cheat weekend of binge drinking and junk food. Wanted to go farther but my focus is on lifting right now

Attached: Screenshot_20220719-104550.png (1080x2340, 701.89K)

Getting back into running this month, and my cadence is slow. Averaging around 160. Is this something to worry about? Should I force myself to run at a higher cadence or will it come more naturally in time?

Depends how far you're willing to go. Wisconsin has a few nice ones and Minnesota has summer as well. In Minnesota, the Superior races are great but they're tough to get into. Surf the Murph is deceptively tough because of the first 1/3 of each loop.

I'm watching it again

Attached: unbreakable.jpg (1013x1500, 253.18K)

Last run. Half tarmac half trails and with a nice ascend

Attached: 17.7.png (638x154, 10.81K)

nice work
I found a decent looking one in VA called the Cloudsplitter 100, has a 50k option. Upper midwest is a bit far for me but I do wanna get back to the boundary waters someday

Cadence is a function of a) speed of your little footsies and b) length of your stride. Shorter strides will lead to a higher cadence. Shoe type influences stride, with minimalist shoes promoting much shorter & faster strides. Technique too: ideally you strike with mid-foot or slightly forefoot and the rest falls in place.

Assuming all technique and shoe variables are in check its probably just you being slow lol. That improves with time no worries and no rushing.

>Any trail runners here?
Here. I prefer to run on trails. More interesting.
If you're looking at trail racing, the biggest thing I'd recommend is to do a lot of course reconnoitering. You have to do way more than for a road race. You don't want to think that you're going to attack up a hill because it leads into an easy flat section and realize it's actually swampy.

This is really embarrassing but here, from an hour ago. I haven't been running long, this is like my 6th or 7th time running. Best time is 9:20 for a mile.

How long does it take to be able to do more than a mile at a time? I'm able to go about 75% of the way withought stopping but when I reach that mile mark I'm done and have to walk home.

Attached: Screenshot_20220719-122120_Samsung Health.jpg (1080x2220, 322.45K)

it's intriguing how DYEL they look. What is it about?

Friendly reminder to use miles to measure your runs. No one wants to do math to figure out if you're faster than them.

Just getting into running for some races I have booked at the start of next year - need to try an actual program any recommendations?

Attached: IMG_20220719_173422.jpg (1440x901, 110.98K)

You're running too fast. Run slower = run farther. I never stop to walk on my long runs. If you stop to walk then you've been pushing yourself too hard

...assuming distance is your goal.

That depends on the events you've entered. Training for a 5k is very different than training for a marathon. Even training for an 18min 5k is different than training for a 25min 5k.

Just google "[event distance] in [goal time] training plan" and you'll get lots of results. They're all basically the same.

Stop trying to set a fast mile time and instead focus on finding a sustainable pace. When you’re locked in, you should feel like you could run forever

Uhhh please give me some advice on how to train for an 18 minute 5k? The fastest I ever ran at an actual competition 5k was like 23-24 minutes but that was with only a couple months of training. And no program, just running until I couldn’t run anymore a few times a week

But now I really want to get fast, I can run a 40 yard dash in 6 seconds (dogshit I know) so I just want to keep getting faster

I could run 10km in an hour but I can only roon over a quarter of what I used to because of shin injury and the coof. I am slowly getting back on track and hoping to run 5k in under 25 minutes. Wish me a speedy recovery

Attached: sanic.jpg (225x225, 5.89K)

ACK

Attached: C7062091-0E69-4BA6-AE74-4A78550B207B.jpg (1600x1242, 197.06K)