Home Gym

Fuck, I should have bought a home gym 2.5 years ago, everything is double the price now.

~$600-700 for an Olympic bar w/ 260 lbs of weights. Eventually when I add another set of 45s that'll be another ~$150. Used to be able to get a $300lb set for $275. Not even worth buying cast iron now, bumper plates don't cost much more.
~$300 for a basic power cage, another $100 just to add a second set of j-hooks and dip attachments. Price hasn't gone up as much.
~$100 for a basic bench, ~$200 for a good one. A good bench used to be $75.

Help me build a home gym for under $1000 total, I'm looking for a 2" barbell weight set with around 250lbs of plates, a set of micro plates (5s, 2.5s, and 1.25s), power cage, bench, dip bars, and some foam pads. I already have a 1" barbell, 1" curling bar, and 1" dumbbells with 170lbs of 1" cast iron weight so I'm going to keep that for curls and dumbbells. My bench is literally 50 years old, gonna give that and the 1" barbell away.

Attached: DBDE99EB-0205-4351-824D-AC719C8EE53F.jpg (1376x1064, 379.97K)

HAHA picrel is literally me when i used to go to g*ms

Bite the bullet, save all your money for 1 month and then just buy a good powerrack with built in multigrip pull up bar and pulley system.
Adjustable dumbbels
Fat grips
Pulldown rope
You can also cut open a tennis ball, put your barbell in it, put it in the corner of 2 walls and use it for landmine pressing

Any recommendations?

Go to an online second hand market and find some fatass that has given up and is selling their weights for cheap

>landmine pressing without actual landmines
gay. why take the fun out of it?

This. Don't buy new. Exercise equipment is one of easiest things you can find used for cheap and perfectly usable.

I've tried Craigslist and Facebook. People think their 30 year old shit is worth more than brand new stuff. Chipped cast iron plates for $2/lb. Basic power rack for $1000. Basic squat rack for $300. Basic bench that wobbles for $150. Wtf is with people on these websites?

>250lb chipped cast iron plates with 1" rusted barbell, $600 firm, no low balls, don't waste my time, I know what I got.

>$600-700 for an Olympic bar w/ 260 lbs of weights
Nobody with a brain is going to pay this. Hell, you can get a cheap weider set for less than that, pick it up in the store.

Is buying used kettle bells more reasonable? You can hit every muscle group with those and a chair

Laugh at him, let him know the coof prices are over, and move on. Worst case you can wait for black friday.

Give them fair offers (not nigger low-ball quality offer) and they'll accept because their roastie of a wife wanted the space in the garage for her new hobby yesterday

Attached: 0ae33b6e1f906c6e79488a395a1c1014.png (659x367, 444.17K)

Find manufacturers on Amazon or their own website that accept after-pay, dumbass. Not that hard.

Yes, but if you're used to a commercial gym with free weights, benches and cables, it will feel like a massive downgrade.

Basically be prepared for an initial investment of about 1k for a home gym. You can save a few hundred by building a wooden rack/cage

Attached: bike.jpg (1156x866, 132.73K)

I lucked out and bought my weights pre-coof for a good price. Around 500 lbs plus a tree for like three hundred bucks.
Buy a good barbell. Don't skimp there. I went with rogue but there are other options. Rogue's boneyard bars are a decent deal if you can live with weird knurling or scratches.
I just bought a power cage. The Cap fitness one I think. Was $500 but I've been happy with it so far. Not amazing, but definitely decent. Better than the squat stands I've been using for years.
Used market is still fucked. People think they can get full new price for used equipment. Unless you get lucky you're better off just buying new. For plates you can do the concrete DIY thing. They hold up apparently if you use reinforcing fibers and some sort of coating.
Like said; you're gonna have to bite the bullet on this one. Shit sucks, but it's the way of things. Spend wisely and it's a one time pain of investment.
Alternatively, just start collecting progressively larger rocks and lift those in your backyard.

Attached: 1632269866148.png (640x580, 501.77K)

>I'm looking for a 2" barbell weight set with around 250lbs of plates, a set of micro plates (5s, 2.5s, and 1.25s)
I don't think there are 1.25 lb oly plates

They're called micro plates and they're overpriced because they're a speciality item you don't need.

You can get a weider oly set from dick's for $400. I got a knock off from Amazon off a seller called balancefrom.

I can afford to pay cash, I just don't like overspending.

Thanks for the tips. Gonna try refurbished/damaged stuff and wait till Black Friday. Maybe it's just my area, but the second hand market is ridiculous where I live.

I thought for at least a year that fr is literally a sound that zoomer do in the US instead of it being an abbreviation. Always wondered if American zoomer really are running around and making "frrrrrr frrrrrrr" all the time.

Oh and the knock off was $300