Refuses to activate

>refuses to activate
>works arms instead
>nothing personal kid

Attached: exercise-33.jpg (1000x665, 73.83K)

>pulls with his arms
>not his back
>WHY WON'T MY BACK GROW
shiggy

A cue that helps me is to focus on moving your elbows, not the bar.

Something that helped me was unhooking my thumbs. You pull less heavy but feel more activation in lats

Use a close grip handle. Doing it with the bar is shit

do weighted pullups fatass

/thread

it doesnt matter if you cant feel your back or not, you cant do that movement without using your lats

Cable or band one armed rows are better. Insane lat isolation.

I focus on moving my shoulder tips into my back/downwards

Use straps

Attached: based.jpg (750x537, 113.52K)

Using your hand like a claw (something looking like an L) and pulling with your pinkies helps me feel my lats on bb rows

use your back for pulling wtf

Use close grip on the vertical cable row, try the the widest grip you can on the horizontal cable rows. You'll feel it in your back now

I focused on the goal of being able to do a 100lb weighted chin up. Didn't care as much about the looks, just getting to the strength feat. Never felt my lats activated very much, slowly added a bit more weight over the months. Once I got to 100lbs, my back was definitely wide.

Don't worry to much on feeling the activation and just get strong, most of the bodybuilder mind muscle shit only applies for people that already have a solid base.

I fucking hate that exersice. It feels it works nothing

RETRACT AND DEPRESS YOUR FUCKING SCAPULA YOUR RETARDED WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT IF YOU ONLY PULL WITH YOUR ARMS NO SHIT YOU WILL ONLY FEEL IT IN YOUR ARMS YOU STUPID FUCKING DYEL BITCH.

just try to push "center" of your back

Do a real pull up and force them to activate, fatty.

Most back exercises suck since the arms give out before you can fully work the lats. I suggest the straight pulldown.

Attached: Cable-Straight-Arm-Pulldown.gif (360x360, 269.43K)