/fast/ - Fasting General

>Last thread

>How do I fast/ safely do an extended fast?
It's easy! Just DON'T EAT. Anything with calories will break your fast - consume artificial sweeteners and zero-calorie drinks such as black coffee/ tea, Diet Coke, etc. at your own discretion.
If you're planning to fast for any longer than 72 hours, take your fucken' salts. Take Snake Juice*, or supplement electrolytes.

*SNAKE JUICE RECIPE:
2L Water
1tsp Potassium chloride
1tsp Sodium chloride
( OPTIONAL ): 1tsp Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) - makes its taste less hellish, recommended for longer fasts.
( OPTIONAL ):1tsp Magnesium
Mix and sip it throughout the day, don't drink all of it at once.

>What's IF/ OMAD/ ADF?
IF = Intermittent Fasting; fasting daily with a shorter eating window. 16:8 (16 hour fast, 8 hour eating window) is the minimum cycle. Beginners should start with this and gradually work their way up to longer fasts through weekly intervals.
OMAD = One Meal a Day, most commonly eaten within a one-hour maximum timeframe.
ADF (OMEOD) = Alternate Day Fasting. Fast for a day, eat for another, repeat.
>What are rolling 48s/72s/96s?
Rolling 48s entail fasting for 48 hours following a meal, refeeding (within a one-hour window), and repeating. It's the same senitment with rolling 72s/ 96s/ etc. It's recommended to refeed at your TDEE or higher with a low-carb and high-protein/fat content meal.

( Extra )
>How much weight will I lose per week?
It's dependant on your TDEE and stats; for each respective day you fast, you expend your TDEE. Universally, one pound of fat is 3500kcals.
(TDEE x average days fasted per week) / 3500 = lbs lost per week. Divide by 2.205 to convert to kilos.
TDEE CALCULATOR: tdeecalculator.net/

>Which fasting app do I use?
Install the free Life Fasting app and search John Boot in the circles tab to join the Any Forums group.

Keep fastin', user!

Attached: 1656554053372.png (354x180, 43.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FsOBhLRJjAE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To unlock easy mode do your refeeds on the evenings.
You won't get any cravings unless you intentionally seek out food videos on yt all day

Anons, I was told by my doctor that I am drinking too much water. This is the reason for my brain fog. But if I don't drink water all day then what can I do??

Attached: 1646336338637.jpg (1920x1080, 242.56K)

96 hours

EASY

>might have gained like half a lb(?)
>Also kind of finally hit 37 inch waist
Pleasantly displeased

is rolling 96s harder than just straight water fasting for weeks?

I am hesitant to go further than 4 days. I have a bigne eating disorder (which rolling fasts help me control myself). I do not want to fast for more than 7 days then get a binge trigger. that would be dangerous.

Fuck it. I'm going for a carby refeed tomorrow.

Quick you have 7 minutes, consistent 24 hour fast all week, or 33 hours plus one day without a fast.

I've lost ~85 lbs since January (296.0 then, 210.6 just now), and I'm starting to have loose skin. I dry fasted yesterday, and even in a single day, it made a noticeable difference in the loose skin. While I do my long fasts, I'm going to try more 36 to 48 hour dry periods.

youtube.com/watch?v=FsOBhLRJjAE

Lads I quit caffeine for 2 weeks now and it already feels like a good decision
>sleeping better
Finally having dreams, didn't have a dream for years. Getting out of bed and feeling alive is also much easier compared to before
Honestly I look forward to sleeping now, it's so easy and I look forward to what I'm gonna dream up
>energy levels
I just have more energy and happiness throughout the day - except around 7PM I'll start to feel really sleepy. I'm guessing this is a side effect from drinking too much coffee and quitting, only couple weeks since I quit so not fully back to normal
>digestion clearly improved
I take a shit consistently every morning now, before I would often go 2-3 days without pooping and it was very random timing

I wonder what else caffeine was fucking with in my body

Attached: gigastacy.gif (339x498, 672.2K)

33+1
24 hour fasts don't necessarily mean you're in a deficit and you don't get to spend as much time getting the extra benefits.

My 71 year old 250lb father would like to lose weight, and I am willing to do any routine with him if it means he'll stick to it. Would you guys recommend fasting for someone of that age, or does it not matter? I've never done it and would appreciate some advice on how to convince someone that's pretty set in their ways that this is the most efficient way to lose the weight.

Goddamn. Going for a run while fasting feels incredible. I felt great the rest of the day. Can't say I do as well lifting fasted, though.

>I take a shit consistently every morning now
I only shit whenever I eat now

I did it for 3 days and literally only lost one pound

I'm always in a deficit because I only eat 1500 cal, my deficit used to be 1700 but now I don't even trust that. Either way no one replied in time and I already chose the 24,

>only drank 2 sips of caffeine in my life
>can't remember the last time i had a dream in years
what the fuck is wrong with my brain
also my poops are liquid-y on a major calorie deficit / fasting and it feels like i still need to take a shit after but nothing's there

Afaiu too much water is bad brcause you flush out electrolytes. If you drink snake juice it should be fine.

I can only do 20:4s. Especially on lift day. Running day fast is primal. I don’t know how to do more than a 36 hour fast, I have a learning disability that snake juice recipe is intimidating. How does a common folk go about acquiring the ingredients?

I did it for 3 days and lost 4 pounds but I'm on a cocktail of steroids and stimulants.

1 spoon of salt
1 spoon of diet salt (potassium chloride)
1 spoon of baking soda
Drink it with a high magnesium water

72 hours for max autophagy?
Once a month or how often?

So should low bodyfat people go into ketosis before fasting to avoid gluconeogenesis or did I completely misunderstand something?