I can't believe it took me 29 years to learn the existence of pork rinds, and how delicious they are...

I can't believe it took me 29 years to learn the existence of pork rinds, and how delicious they are. They taste great and are as crunchy as chips, but have protein instead of carbs. And this brand in particular fries the rinds in lard. There is literally zero reason to eat chips. Just goes to show the power of sneed oil propaganda. Not to mention how there is probably tons of pigskin that goes to waste since their meat is in much more demand than the skin. If people stopped eating sneed oil chips and switched to rinds, the market could adapt and start producing more pork rinds, and stop wasting pigskins. I fucking hate vegans and sneed oil companies so much bros its unreal.

Attached: 676571.jpg (900x900, 106.21K)

Wait until you try chicharron...

Arroz con pollo is better for gainz.

The protein here is pretty worthless for muscle (it’s the same kind in your skin, hair, and nails) so make sure you aren’t counting it towards your protein requirements

Whats the difference between pork rinds and chicarrons? I never understood this

There isn't.
> but have protein instead of carbs
It's mostly proline and collagen, extremely low bioavailbility protein. That's why it says on the side of the bag "not a significant source of protein."
>stop wasting pigskins
Modern husbandry wastes no part of the animal. Pigskins are used for a variety of industrial and consumer products. Like footballs.

Even if it's only good for your skin and hair, this is still a good thing, and infinitely better than sneed oil fried potato chips

What do you think it's fried in buddy?

Rendered pork fat

HAH. Welcome to the modern age buddy. They fry it in sneed oil because it is more profitable to sell the lard in the super market or to bakeries/restaurants.

Some do but most still cook them in pork fat. That's why you read the ingredients.

They do not have to disclose what oil is used to fry on the ingredients.

If it’s fried in peanut oil all they have to say is “contains peanuts.” But if it’s canola nothing has to be there.

Not true btw

I heckin love pork rinds

That's literally just the spanish word for it. It's like saying "you've never lived until you've had carne asada!" I've grilled a steak before dude.

I think they are the smaller crunchier ones.

try smashing these up and substituting them for bread crumbs/panko in recipes. it's delicious.

Only 3 ingredients listed. Pork rinds, lard, salt. Wouldn't have bought them otherwise, I read every label
Good idea. Now I can have chicken parmesan while ketolarding

Chicken Kiev, too.

It's called Chicken Kyiv nowadays.

Those are called cracklins.

Save some money and buy the ones you bake/microwave. I suggest Carolina Gold Nuggets.
Chicarron referes to two things: regular pork rinds and pork rinds with meat still attached. Buy the latter at any Mexican supermarket and some taco joints. It's incredibly tasty especially when mixed with fresh pinto beans. Slightly mash the beans and serve with a salsita and tortillas.

Attached: AverageMexicoEnjoyer.jpg (540x960, 131.21K)