Can someone redpill me on stretching?

Can someone redpill me on stretching?

I want to start working out but I’m very prone to pulling muscles and back spasms. Last time I tried doing push-ups I sent myself into a crippling 4 day back spasm.

It’s embarrassing and stupid but it’s real life so im wondering if stretching might help. I’ll also try wearing a back brace maybe?

>what stretches do you do?
>how long do you hold a stretch?
>is there a stretch routine that gets most muscles (like compound stretches)?

Attached: 12DF5F27-550F-4ACD-8998-FD6E88D18CF4.jpg (290x259, 12.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RCtMzDjL_Bo
youtube.com/shorts/4ruLlQ6ICJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bro stretching before bed is kino. Watch Fitness Blender on youtube for some routines

No, stretching is a waste of time, improve your mobility instead

I’m not sure what the difference is?

Slightly related: does someone have recommendations for yoga where the presenter does a pose like a beginner would? For example in some videos, when they fold over standing they already touch the ground with their had while keeping the back straight, whereas I can bend until slightly above hip level with a straight back and barely touch my toes with a rounded back.
This is even more interesting for things like the revolved triangle pose.
How do you do all this in a relaxed manner btw?

Get strong on the range of motion you want to improve in, think in terms of reps instead of static stretches

Go look up "Becoming a supple leopard" and "Relax into stretching" PDFs online. The basics are that you want to increase range of motion so you can workout better. For example, tight hamstrings can affect your stride while running, tight hip flexors make treading water harder, etc.

Thanks

Asian girl sexy

she looks like she has a log stuck in her anus

good

you may have an incredibly weak core. try doing stuart mcgill big 3 every day

youtube.com/watch?v=RCtMzDjL_Bo

All you need for hamstrings are "elephant walks". If your legs shake when you do them, that means they're working.

Thanks

Pic related is a bit of an annoying read but filled with brutal redpills about mobility training and how to get the most carry over from mobility work to lifting.

As far as stretching goes, the succinct advice is don't just hold a static stretch. Get as far into the stretch as you can, then activate the muscle, causing resistance. For example in a hamstring stretch, try to pull your leg back into its resting position, but pull on it with your hands in the opposite direction. After doing it once, you should notice that you can sink farther into the stretch. Do this multiple times per stretch and keep sinking farther and farther into it.

A good benchmark is being able to palm the floor when you bend over. It takes less than a few weeks to progress to that. Everyone who exercises should be able to do at least that.

Attached: 51OMTbGjcQL.jpg (374x500, 48.48K)

how do you even do those in the first place if you aren't flexible already?

Attached: elephant-walk.jpg (800x457, 84.44K)

I guess you'd do them in reverse and bend your knees where necessary

Start slow
Push a little outside of your comfort zone, but not to much.
Stretch whole body for an hour 2x week
>last year I could barely touch my toes
>now I can rest my head on my knees
>many aches and pains went away

Tried it now and the sequence is good. Basically he confirmed that the straight back is the important part.

Hindu Push Ups & Hindu Squats, your only fucking answer.

> Inb4 memes.

All pro wrestlers use them at the beginning and they are great for cardio too as a replacement.

That pic is not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to this: youtube.com/shorts/4ruLlQ6ICJo

In other words, just bend your knees and touch the ground with your fingers, THEN try to straighten the knee