What is Any Forumss opinion on wrestling?

What is Any Forumss opinion on wrestling?

Is it a good marital art? Can I use it in self defense? Is it just a sport or actually good in a fight?

Attached: wf.png (600x556, 649.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A6d3Gj6Ie5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good as a sport, but if you want to learn a martial art for fitness and self defense do Muay Thai.

Attached: EEC44C6C-739E-4FFD-AEFE-0B215B48195C.gif (396x392, 1.95M)

Yes Wrestlers control where the fight goes. Lol @ this phaggot for posting muay thai. Wrestlers shit on just about anyone as they control where the fight will end up. You can really punch and kick people on your back. TLDR literally train anything that isn't a meme and you'll be ahead of everyone who hasn't trained in a street fight. the best self defense is being confident in yourself and knowing how to disarm a situation - BJJ brown belt with 6 years MT 4 years Judo and 12 years in the grappling game.

Attached: delmar.jpg (1080x1080, 243.61K)

Enjoy your brain damage.

good luck when a wrestler easily grabs a hold of your waist and sends you to suplex city. Even if its not suplex city, get ready for your head to slam into the concrete

If you are talking about self defense and fighting stuff, wrestling is #1 that you must learn. Before boxing and before any of the others. If you can only have one habe wrestling. Everyone, man and woman, should do it.

One knee to the face will stop any shitty single leg take down attempt by a wrestler. They have no way to close the distance against someone who does Muay Thai. Even if they do, knowing how to sprawl means the end for any retard wrestler.

Embrace your brain damage.

>Ill just one punch ko them
typical striketard brain damage on display here folks

>t. Doesn't know how to do a double legged takedown
You do realise throws exist right?

>implying that he’d be fine after taking a knee to the face during a take down attempt.
Lmao

Best for 1v1, but wrestling someone while his friends are kicking you isn't fun
>t.wrestled someone while his friends were kicking me

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A6d3Gj6Ie5k
>bjj and wrestling tards seething

One of my relatives did it and got brain damage so I'm sceptical and my relatives would be pretty pissed. I'll do it if it seems like the only legitimate choice though.

Mind if I ask what type you'd recommend I'm thinking of doing Glima since I live in one of the two countries where its taught legitimately (Sweden).

I'm grabbing popcorn

>single leg take down
The wrestler just needs to grab hold of you, they don't have to go for a take down. And good luck sprawling against someone who is used to ACTUAL wrestlers sprawling

Yes
Yes
Yes

But you're never going to participate in it because you started >18

I honestly regret never joining the wrestling team back in grade school. I never saw it as a martial art until I saw it in mma

Thats why you go for the big slam and a good punch while he is laying on the ground. Then get up to either run or throw a couple punches before running

You have never trained a single day in your fucking life.

Don't really intend to, though I'm still in my late teens (18).

wrestler grabs a hold of you
What are elbows
What are knees
What are sweeps
You forget that Muay Thai trains clinches

Any form of traditional wrestling is based.
There is a reason almost every culture in the world developed it independently of each other.

Watch as he struggles to even remember the basics of human anatomy. Most likely due to advanced cte. Many such cases.

>implying the wrestler just stays still once they grab you
you might as well say all you have to do knock out the boxer if they are punching you