Is calf training even worth it? Seems like a ton of hard work for almost neglible gains

Is calf training even worth it? Seems like a ton of hard work for almost neglible gains

Attached: 0C2B6C55-4207-4BEA-BD71-C79D717C67C3.jpg (900x600, 313.48K)

cope much?

It's genetics, sorry brah

>get on smith machine
>throw step under the bar
>load a pl8 and change on the bar
>do 4x12
>???
>profit

I guarantee you're one of the DYEL's who bounces as much weight as possible on calf raises and wonders why their pencil calves wont grow.

Lower the weight and hold it for 2 seconds at the top of the motion you retard.

this but I do 3x15, probably doesn't matter in the end but I'm trying to leave DYEL calf zone

You want me to say it’s easy? It’s not easy it’s painful but all muscle growth comes from pain.

Seems like all other muscles are easier both to train and grow than calves are tho

Maybe so but that means try harder. Myself I do sets of thirty (toes out/in/straight) the reps last five to six seconds. keep doing those sets until failure and every week the weight goes up. Ngl it is going to hurt for sure but you’re gonna force them to grow

There is a genetic limit to calf size but if you train them consistently they WILL grow. Anyone can add an inch or two to calf circumference. That being said, some people will hit the ceiling on calf growth while others keep getting bigger.

Look up some good calf exercises on YouTube from someone ironically knowledgeable. Many calf exercises are memes.

i feel more stress on my feet than my calves when i do raises

spread your toes

>Seems like a ton of hard work
Bro you don't need an entire day to do calf work. Takes no more than 6 minuntes to throw in 3-4 sets at the end of a workout a couple times a week.
>Is calf training even worth it?
It is if you want to grow/strengthen your calves. Personally I never do direct calf work since I have decent calf genetics and they get enough workout from sled work, running, etc.

I do seated calf raises at body weight 4x8 currently
My calves are noticeably wider than before I started doing them

Attached: 1601775733029.png (750x758, 634.24K)

just walk uphill fast, don't jog

>There is a genetic limit to calf size
As opposed to other muscles that can grown indefinitely?

Lard here (around 60 lb overweight), my calves are huge and strong. I never train them but when I did I received comments on the insane amount of weight I used.
Buy a weighted vest and use it all the time.

A trained calf is a happy calf :)

I can rep the entire 400 pound stack, and my calves are only 13 inches around...

do you have nice breasts?

All of you all are DYEL morons. Ask yourself, you has the biggest calves? Sprinters? No, search up, Usain Bolt's calves. Basketball Players? No search up, Lebron James' calves. Cyclists? Better than the other two, but not the best (Check Lance Armstrong's).

It's obese people and old hikers. What do these groups of people have in common? Moderate Load, High repetition. The reason why this is, is due to two things. 1) the calves are one of the only type 2 levers in the body. This means that the mechanical advantage of a standing or seated calf raise is greater than the weight being applied to it. Its the reason why newbies can load to 200 and raise it no problem but can't bicep curl 15lbs. due to this, other postural muscles will fail before the calves are adequately worked. 2) The calves are predominately comprised of slow twitch (type II) muscle fibers.
>Soleus muscles have a higher proportion of slow muscle fibers than many other muscles. Ariano, M. A.; Armstrong, R. B.; Edgerton, V. R. (7 August 1972). "Hindlimb Muscle Fiber Populations Of Five Mammals".

Meaning they are more suited to high rep exercises (don't think 15, think 50).

How does this lend to my example of people with big calves? Simple, both these groups undertake high rep calf work regularly and for a long time. Hikers, especially old ones, have been consistently working their calves under moderate intensity for lengthy periods of time and for obese people its even better, because everytime they move they get incredible calf training.

So instead of doing 300 lbs for 5 reps on tbe standing calf raises, try this for size:
>100lbs for 10 reps
>80lbs for 20 reps
>60lbs for 30 reps
>40lbs for 40 reps
>20lbs for 50 reps

Bet you see a big change.

Attached: chrome_screenshot_1656389011475.png (1441x2155, 2.59M)

>calf training
You mean squats? Deadlifts? Power cleans?
Yes. Obviously.

Did I just... Actually learn somthing from Any Forums?

How to properly train my calves?

To be honest, most of my awesome calves probably did come from being a fatass hiker.