Do alcohol calories really make you gain fat?

Do alcohol calories really make you gain fat?

I used to drink about 6-8 beers per night which is about 1000 calories per day. I stopped completely for 4 months while the rest of my diet and lifestyle remained the same. After 4 months I didn't lose any weight at all.

More recently, I quit eating junk food to the extend of 500 calories per day and I lost lots of weight.

Something doesn't add up. I was reading that our body can't actually utilise the calories from alcohol so we just pee them out.

Attached: 1641500123239.jpg (1080x1350, 178.94K)

imagine her getting sucked in by a riptide and drowning then getting eaten by a shark

ive watched a couple vids on it and im still confused on it. our body prioritizes burning off the alcohol before anything else because our body treats it kind of like a poison, so while our body is burning it off everything else kind of gets set aside and ends up being stored as fat until the alcohol is gone

The problem with this is it's just a bullshit theory. Nobody can prove it

Hi I don't care about your post, put an actual fitness picture in next time.
>I was reading that our body can't actually utilise the calories from alcohol so we just pee them out.
Yes that's exactly it, you should drink a case of beer every day.

Attached: NATURALLY-ENHANCED-AD.jpg (1458x1074, 259.38K)

The adverse effects of alcohol and cigarettes are both grossly overstated. As long as you hit macros and lift regularly it won't affect you.

Attached: 1652568730287.webm (512x640, 1.44M)

lmfaoooooooooo

>I was reading that our body can't actually utilise the calories from alcohol so we just pee them out.
alcohol itself is a toxin and cannot be stored as fat in the body so the body prioritizes flushing it out of your system first and foremost. Any excess food that you consume while drinking, as well as the non-alcohol caloric content of the drink (keep in mind a typical beer is only 5% alcohol) is way more likely to be stored as fat

Yes.
I did dry January and lost 6kg in weight without changing any other part of my diet.

wow what a pretty woman. i can't imagine what it'd be like to talk to her. but here's the thing i bet she isn't good in a relationship since she doesn't look like she would make good food for dinner. disgusting

1-2 servings of alchohol a day is good for you. I stopped getting black out drunk and stick to two bottles of light beer a day. Refreshing, hydrating! Gatorade for adults!

>Oh baby!
>A new birthing center, bright and brand new

Attached: 1654248968930.png (375x523, 296.19K)

alcohol is high in calories per gram, and I think the closest comparison to be made as to how your body processes those calories is like carbs. I think in terms of weight gain you can liken it to drinking soda

fuck off pajit

I stopped drinking for 3 months and lost 15lbs but I also stopped roiding too. Even if alcohol was calorie free the food I'd eat while drunk and the missed lifting would be enough to gain weight.

I had similar experiences, that the around 1000 extra calories from alcohol didn't seem to "count".
After reading about it, it's because the body starts using alcohol for energy as a priority if it's consumed. All other energy sources (carbs, fat, protein) are now not used for energy, but are put in storage (bodyfat) if they're available, until you run out of alcohol to use. Alcohol itself CANNOT be turned into bodyfat, "de novo lipogenesis" from alcohol is not a thing, it is not possible. This means that if you don't have any extra carbs or fats in your body when you drink, you won't gain bodyfat. Infact, if you'd just drink pure alcohol for even like 5000 calories in a day, you'd actually lose fat (do not do this).
This makes perfect sense to me, I never eat a lot when drinking if at all. There isn't much to turn into fat then, and any calories from alcohol "don't count", no matter how many.

Attached: 6d4550f1d746a6a3.jpg (515x329, 32.03K)

Why are hapas so beautiful

Attached: hapa gril.jpg (768x768, 103.54K)

what are you whining about now? What is a birth center, a specialized hospital or something?

because they are fully white ofc

Attached: 1653918772553.jpg (640x907, 91.06K)

Alcohol in excess will cause weight gain. 1-2 beers/standard drinks a day seems to have little effect on weight gain.

Alcohol calories do matter. A weekend of heavy drinking will cause weight gain. This is especially true as you get leaner. I was able to binge drink on the weekends and lose the weight on week days. As I'm getting leaner, this isn't really possible without cutting calories really low when not drinking (below 1200 calories).

Moderation is key. Stick to light beer, wine and hard alcohol..

Attached: LITE-12-PK-CAN-500x500.jpg (500x500, 130.36K)

Fag spotted

I also cut alcohol from ~4 shots per night to zero and experienced no change at all other than a small decrease in resting hr.
Honestly I think it fucks with gains but probably doesn't cause much weight gain

Alcohol breakdown in body stops protein synthesis, which is a big deal.

Any Forums

Please, never change.

Attached: 1656264178948.gif (332x332, 1.8M)

its a diceroll, either beautiful or elliot rodger
apparently they experience +50% more mental illness though which isnt too nice

Attached: 1655880609892.png (794x1080, 669.59K)