Wtf is this exercise good for? Seems like a meme desu

Wtf is this exercise good for? Seems like a meme desu

Attached: vNWR5RHgC8KsMoMGTSxEdS-1200-80.jpg (460x259, 10.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rdellatraining.com/the-overhead-press-is-it-bad-for-the-shoulders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Front delts and triceps.

strength.

i love doing it. can only do 3 sets of 7 @ 85 lbs tho

Measure of tricep and deltoid strength. Good for the lateral head of the tricep

Seems like a meme until you have 150lbs halfway overhead and it stops going up.

Builds delts and triceps, little bit of upper back engagement to keep your shoulders moving right. You can load it way heavier than dumbbell press or lateral raises. Feels absolutely incredible to push heavy weight overhead.

Post shoulders

My shoulders only started to grow when I did high rep lateral raises desu OHP didn't do much

Did you try lifting heavy?

I recommend doing something else if you have shoulder issues.
I refuckulated an old rotatorcuff injury doing those.

When doing OHP should you pause between each rep or use the rebound?

Because humans feel big and powerful when they put their hands up. It's like how owls and other animals spread their wings etc. to make them look bigger. To attract mates, to frighten enemies or just to say look at me I am a big deal, eg. pic related. What feels better instinctively - to be standing up straight with hands over the head or laying flat. It's also like it's the final frontier of lifting a weight, the hardest thing to do.

In reality the OHP is very bad and dangerous for you. Not only does it risk injury but over time it gradually wears on your shoulders.

Attached: 16133349950076.jpg (1320x743, 91.46K)

>In reality the OHP is very bad and dangerous for you. Not only does it risk injury but over time it gradually wears on your shoulders.
Source: my ass

risk serious injury*
Nothing can fuck up your shoulders quite like ohp.

Strict press is strict. No bounce, no downward bar movement before the press, no knee or hip bend.

rdellatraining.com/the-overhead-press-is-it-bad-for-the-shoulders

lateral raises only hit the side dummy. front delt got worked very good from ohp and incline bench. rear delts should be trained with wide grip rows, reverse fly and face pulls also hit the side.

Overhead press is great for strength overall and superior to bench for everything except hitting chest. I have always had consistent shoulder issues with bench but never with OHP. Because of this I can’t bench heavy frequently so I use bench as an OHP accessory and I was still able to consistently add more to my bench regardless. Finally progressed on my bench for the first time in forever once I started doing OHP primarily.

God, weaklings like you are pathetic. I hope you're not taking up the barbell/rack and preventing a serious lifter from using it.

Attached: 1656077435441.jpg (680x649, 60.16K)

So like did you read this article before you sent the link or did you just google a few keywords? Because this guy doesn't agree with you.

Attached: Screenshot_20220626-125227.png (1080x2160, 261.06K)

Like, really doesn't agree

Attached: Screenshot_20220626-125357.png (1080x2160, 266.25K)

Like SUPER DUPER doesn't agree with you

Forgot image on that one sorry there's just so many

Attached: Screenshot_20220626-125508.png (1080x2160, 256.41K)