Barefoot shoes?

Do you guys wear barefoot shoes? I’m thinking of buying a pair (pic rel) because there appear to be many benefits to simulating walking barefoot. I generally want to improve my health wherever I can and neglecting my feet which are a vital part to my functionality as a human seems stupid. What are your experiences with them? Can you recommend them? Have they actually improved the health and strength of your feet and legs? Also, if you’ve worn Lems shoes I’d greatly appreciate feedback about those too. The price of the shoes definitely makes me hesitant.

Attached: E278F13B-D72D-4CCA-B6BE-1E83E0193C4F.jpg (1024x677, 93.63K)

they're a complete meme

No because i need the boost in height from shoes more than anything. I avoid going to the beach or to the pool because i can't be seen bare footed near anyone i know.

I actually tried making a thread on this earlier but jannies seem to have banned me from making threads. Yeah I bought a pair, I actually fucking love them. I hate wearing normal shoes now, feels way too cramped. I've been wearing them for 3 months now and I have had objective improvements in my balance and strength of my foot. I've improved in judo from it, I'm much harder to throw now since I can balance myself on one leg much easier now. I can pretty much stand on one foot indefinitely now and I can get much deeper into a slav style squat than before( still not totally there but its gradual) I bought xero shoes with some toe socks, which I'd also recommend. Been trying to do pistol squats and have had more success than prior(still not full ROM, but getting there). Get them and do it gradually at first, otherwise you'll hurt yourself. I get DOMS in my calves and hamstrings now after long walks as well. Shit works man.

They improved the sensitivity in my feet, you'll have to get used to walking with them, but it feels more engaging than walking with regular shoes and it improved my ankle mobility. I think it's probably healthier in the long term, but it's not the ultimate solution, if you want to strong and mobile feet, you'll have to do mobility work, wearing minimal shoes or walking barefoot isn't necessarily enough. I wouldn't want to switch back to regular shoes, though I wouldn't recommend them for running, unless you're running on soft surfaces. Also if you start wearing them, your calves will be sore for a week or two if you're switching from shoes with an elevated heel.

>t.

Attached: proxy-image[1].jpg (499x500, 18.42K)

barefoot != Shoes.

barefoot shoes is just a marketing trick.

>barefoot shoes is just a marketing trick
Not completely. The idea behind barefoot shoes is that they don't constrict the foot and have minimal padding, thin and flat soles, and no arch support. They're meant to protect your feet from being scraped and punctured by cement, litter, rocks, sticks, etc without getting in the way of the natural biomechanics of the feet.

I wear vibram five fingers. I don't give a fuck.

I wear picrel and basically only wear barefoot shoes and flipflops for the past 2 years. All foot pain is gone when before I had daily foot pain so bad that I would limp if I had to get out of bed in the middle of the night.
wildling tanuki

Attached: shoes.jpg (1000x750, 167.57K)

ok just go barefoot instead. once you develop your sole, cement, litter rocks and sticks wont affect it anymore. i did this when I was in Spain. walked barefoot 24/7 it took 2 weeks to develop thick sole unpenetrable

I live in Spain. I saw a Spanish guy the other day actually jogging hardcore completely barefooted. He looked professional. Big chad.

That's all well and good until you step on a rusty nail or even just need to go to work or walk into a grocery store. Being barefoot 24/7 just isn't viable for most people, shoes are required for a lot of things, so why not get shoes that cover your feet but don't fuck you up?

>walked barefoot 24/7
Some of us are unfortunately in employment or education, but I have deep respect for my Hobo NEET brothers

thanks. I just sit on my Bitcoin and live like a king. feels good not having to wear shoes or shave my beard. to think i was broke in 2017! glad I invested all my wagemoney for 4 years. and now I am free.

Attached: monero-chan-lovestruck.png (800x1000, 712.98K)

You actually develop superb awareness of surroundings. I've been barefooting for quite a while. obviously im not gnna walk barefoot on a construction yard. you cant walk unaware when you are barefoot. give it a try.

I'd love to buy them, but I can't find a single shitty store in Croatia which sells them. Even ordering online (which I am not a fan of because they might not fit and I could be sentenced to an eternal back-and-forth) seems to be nigh impossible, as half the European Amazon outlets don't seem to be shipping these shoes specifically here.
Sucks.

Attached: 1652152952991.jpg (513x686, 48.74K)

I went with Xero Prio and can comfortably say that they are the healthiest shoes i've ever worn
my feet got strong as hell, calves completely blew up.
I ordered a pair of Lems but the sole is "foot shaped" but not the shape of my foot. So i was slipping off of the shoe at the heel. Can't have that.
if they would have had a flat sole i would've kept em.

Has anyone ever told you that you type like a shill?

Just get a pair of asics wrestling shoes. They are cheap and not marketed with meme tactics like "barefoot." Flat soled and built to be used i got snapdown 3s because ankle support too.

I've tried them working as a postman. Barefoot shoes are a meme. The best benefit they provide comes from a wide toebox. Just get shoes with some cushioning but not too much of it and a wide toebox

imagine squatting in these holy hell