/QTDDTOT/

ask and answer!

Attached: being weak staying weak.jpg (834x960, 153.02K)

Does routine really matter?

Does doing a BB routine over general stength routine make a huge difference in muscle mass and shape or is it mainly calories and genetics?

Friends doing bro split seem to spin their wheels. Ive done structure approach of just strength training and have gained a lot of mass. Never had an arm day arms are 17".

My lower back curves on every shoulder workout I do, will hitting abs more frequently help?

On average strength programs are just better programmed as athletics always brings in more talent and demands more results than body building. Most body building routines are just copies from mass steroid users that won't carry over to 99% of people.

I lost the Awaken My Masters image. Any halp?

Maybe the aztec fitness gods will come back if you listen to chanting for a long time

strengthening your core will help, but you probably just need to focus on controlling it during the movement. I used to have this problem with ohp until I began actively flex my glutes and core during the movement. It made it slightly more difficult because the rep is stricter since you can't bend backwards, but that's actually better for you and how it should be performed. next time you do shoulder work drop the weight a tad and focus on your glutes/core more.

My gf and I enjoy going to cemeteries after hours to hang out and explore. We found this one cemetery recently and something is bugging me.
There was a headstone that a tree had fallen on and knocked it over. I was able to move the tree and flip the stone back up and facing the right direction, but I wasn't able to get a good enough grip on it to lift it up and back onto its pedestal. It's a smooth, larger, square in shape object that's hard to get a grip on. I told her that the next time we come back to that place I'm going to try to get it on the pedestal. What are some whacky lifts or techniques that would enable me to do this?

Attached: 1614189297427.gif (486x474, 2.35M)

Deadlifts and other exercises for your forearm/wrist. Grip strength is a function of forearm, finger, and wrist strength.

I'm doing madcow right now, would splitting up the routine affect the results much?

Somthing like:
Monday - Squats
Tuesday - Bench / Rows
Wednesday - Squats
Thursday - The Press / Deads
Friday - Squats
Saturday - Bench / Rows

As opposed to pic related.

Attached: 1647258272565.png (762x213, 25.8K)

I'm slim but my shoulders are killing me when I lie down, even on soft mattresses, and I can't fall asleep on my back. I walk a lot but don't really work my arms. How do I narrow down the exercises/stretches to do to help?

Attached: 240603200311.jpg (1080x696, 108.78K)

This always correlated with my shoulder impingement syndrome and anytime I improved it, I had less shoulder pain from sleeping. What helped the most was deadhangs, pull ups/pull downs, face pulls, and shoulder external rotation stretches.

shrug and hold?

I think holding something up for hours, like my phone, or when playing a game, is what made them start hurting more, but I've cut back and it hasn't gone away. What's worked for someone else is really useful thanks

I am bulking and ate 3 scoops of ice cream. Is it bad?

What is a good starting weight for dumbbell bench? I want to get my barbell bench up so I am going to throw dumbbell bench as an assistance exercise. Would 35lbs be reasonable?

What's the difference between calisthenics and body weight fitness?

If I have been fat my whole life, it will be a never-ending uphill battle just to keep off the weight even if I lose it all, won't it?

How do I progress through lifts? Do I use a fixed amount of reps (say, 3x8) and add more weight when I feel ready or do I go through a rep range (say, 3x5-12) and add more weight once I hit the max?

Honestly im more worried about being able to maingain/gain once i hit my goal , ive gotten pretty used to and happy eating 1300-1600 calories a day. Not sure how im guna get it back up to 2300-2500 without eating shit or going back to soda.

not sure how i replied to you , i 100% clicked on the guy saying ,

"If I have been fat my whole life, it will be a never-ending uphill battle just to keep off the weight even if I lose it all, won't it?"

I only now started lifting, after years of running in a very mountainous region (10-11 mi per run, usually). I'd like to stay in the sport but develop my upper body more because it gave me a big butt and legs. Plan is to do PPL 6x/week and substitute leg day for running. Yay or nay? Any alternatives?

Started lifting again recently I've been doing 40minutes of cardio before my workouts (20minutes rowing machine, 20minutes bike) and its completely fucking me up to the point where it impacts my lifts.
Should I lower my cardio or power through until I get used to it? I feel like getting more stamina would help a lot and I've got weight to lose anyways.

Attached: 1638490216075.jpg (640x640, 48.17K)

I like to bike to and from work, about 30 minutes both ways, downhill, then uphill. Is the cardio going to fuck my gains up? Should I increase calories? I'm already skinny-fat, and desperately want to be toned. Just swallowing the grindpill and eating, lifting, and biking, right now.

I'm at a point where I'm started to embrace the suck, I think I'm on the cusp of making it. God damn I hate being an undefined blob.