How normal is it to have back pain after deadlifting? for me it's like a stabbing pain...

how normal is it to have back pain after deadlifting? for me it's like a stabbing pain, as if a needle was stabbing me in the lumbar area. I'm not ego lifting and I think my form is good enough, should I just not do them ? I actually do want to do them (I am not fishing for a reason not to) I'm just wondering if the risk is greater than the reward

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 597.11K)

You didn’t have proper form.

Youre not doing them with right form, and whenever you eventually fuck up your back, you’re going to use that fat fuck powerlifter who said deadlift bad as an excuse

Ur mixing up pain and soreness

Do trap bar deadlifts instead. Easier on lower back. There is no reason to do heavy barbell deadlifts unless you just want to be good at them.

I do barbell deadlifts, but light or medium weight for reps. I never try to do 1RM for barbell deadlifts. If I want to go heavy I use a trap bar. Also, power cleans. I find PCs to be a better, and safer, compound exercise than barbell deals.

On shoulder days, I begin the workout with light weight barbell deads as a warmup set. I then proceed to *either* heavy trap bar deads or power cleans. Not both. I then proceed to the typical more isolated shoulder exercises.

Always start shoulder and/or arm day with a compound movement, it will Kickstart hormones for the rest of your workout, and you won't get that just working these small muscle groups alone.

Hope that helps.

shit posts.
dumb post

Dyel faggot located

Film yourself. Get over whatever "dude filming yourself cringe" mindset you may have, and film yourself see whats going on

my form is probably not 100.00% perfect, but good enough or so I think. I follow the basics, bar over mid foot, I don't start too low, I keep a neutral spine, etc. unfortunately I don't have a video, but next DL I'll take one

I wish that'd be the case but I don't know. it's a different pain than say, soreness in the quads from squats. it's more stabby

my gym doesn't have a trap bar

It’s basically impossible to hurt yourself if you use proper form deadlifting. They’re one of the safest exercises if you keep your back straight, faggot.

>for me it's like a stabbing pain, as if a needle was stabbing me in the lumbar area.
You should aim to never have this kind of pain from lifting. Under no circumstance is that kind of pain a good sign.

I am extremely paranoid that I deadlift completely wrong and that everyone is secretly watching me do it wrong at the gym but I have been doing it for 3 years and have never been injured.
Would I be injured by now if I was doing it wrong? I lift for volume so I never go really above 3pl8. I also don't wear a belt

>shit post
That’s the fucking truth retard

that's what's worrying me, not the severity of the pain, but it's type.

Just take a break from deadlifts. You've obviously injured something. It's probably very minor, but pushing through it is a great way to make it worse. Avoid loading your spine for a week or two and then quickly work back up to whatever weight you were doing before over the course of a couple workouts. Just make sure you actually start lighter when you come back or you'll reinjure yourself. If you rest long enough and actually have good form like you say you should be pain free after a short break.

good idea, and I'll take videos the next time around.

When you are overextending, that's when the lower back comes into play. You want to finish your lift completely upright and your knees locked, squeezing the glutes. That's the complete range of motion for the deadlift you don't want to try to extend it any further by pushing your lower back into it

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 8.51.27 PM.png (1746x1070, 1.65M)

I don't think that's my case, maybe rounding at the bottom but not overextending at the top

unironically wear extremely tight clothing like spandex or dl naked, noting the curvature in your back and triple-check that it's straight
also, make sure you aren't over tilting your pelvis either back or forward

I fucked myself squatting doing like 90lbs or something one time, sticking my ass out too much like MANY people suggest, maybe I overdid it but squatting naked I adjusted my pelvic tilt during the hole.

I used to do them and got a mild ache after with a pretty straight back.
I'm now deadlifting 315lbs+ for reps beltless and don't have any pain.
Its possibly a combination of training the lower back and tweaking my form

You need to take a break from any lift that will aggravate your lower back until it heals. The immediate thought is "deadlift caused it", but you could just as easily have done it squatting, or even benching if you're an extreme archer.

Always film your sets. Form you think is good ends up looking absolutely wank on video. I fixed my deadlift by constantly filming everything I was doing and making minor adjustments.
A "stabbing pain" in the lumbar region absolutely is not soreness you spastic.