Why am I not losing weight with a huge caloric deficit?

I have been running a 2-2.5k a day deficit over the past month, but instead of going from 247 lbs to 232, I have only lost about 6 lbs. At the same time, I am looking a lot leaner, and I’ve lost about 2-2.5 inches off my stomach, but it’s weird that the accompanying leaning out in appearance isn’t being followed by a mathematically equivalent lose in fat. Is this just water weight or something?

Attached: 7BEEB338-6F05-439F-8095-5B49E7F06779.jpg (720x416, 30.86K)

Its not fucking rocket science.
Your diets shit and your consuming more calories than you think. Math better retard.

Not, all that stuff is being tracked correctly—plus, I don’t think you can lose 2.5 more McKesson off your stomach with only 6 lbs of fat loss (unless you’re like 3 feet tall).

It's usually one of five things:
>You are miscalculating your intake through negligence or lying (whether intentionally or not)
>You are over or under-estimating your approximate TDEE
>You are gaining muscle (muscle weighs more than fat)
>You are carrying excess or much less liquid/waste weight than usual
>You are weighing at different times under different circumstances, leading to further discrepancies in typical weight values
In the exceeding majority of cases, it will be one or more of the things stated above. The scale alone does not matter, it's just a general indicator for potential progression. How you feel, how you look, and your waistline/clothing fit changes are typically more reliable. I'll say though, I strongly doubt you actually have a deficit of 2-2.5k unless you're implementing a lot of fasting.

when i was in the peak of my diet i was eating and doing the exact same thing every day and was losing .3lb per day. measured at same time every day. our bodies are pretty neat tbhq. you must be doing something wrong.

>I have only lost about 6 lbs
>I’ve lost about 2-2.5 inches off my stomach

Extreme doubt unless you're 3 feet tall

It probably is number 4. There isn’t much leeway in terms of my expenditures and intake. The only point of failure could be that my phone’s pedometer is massively off (I am walking about 8.5-9 miles a day, doing 160 watts on the bike for 45 minutes four times a week, and doing my strength training for 1-1.5 hours 3-4 times a week). This comes out to about 4K-4.5k in TDEE depending on the day. But sun s I’m losing inches off my stomach, it must be water.

Yeah, which is why I figure it just be water weight or something.

I'm guessing you're tall like me (6'4") and it seems to come off me in spurts. Getting to 200 from 214 has been a trial, honestly 352 to 300 was easier lol.

I’m actually only about 5’8. I have had this issue before, though; I’ve lost 70 lbs already, and sometimes I notice it takes several weeks before I start seriously dropping weight. I’m just wondering why this is the case.

Don't trust exercise calculations for hard weight loss metrics, user. You have so many different variables to manage with all of these forms of exercise and more than you are undoubtedly going to be off. CICO is not a myth, it's just thermodynamics. However, the real practical truth is that it's difficult to manage with absolute, utmost accuracy because there are far too many variables and uncontrollable discrepancies to account for between food and liquid (including poor estimates or mislabeling), exercise, waste, illness, body composition,

To give my own situation as an example, I've maintained my caloric intake within a ~150 cal variance from day to day for several weeks, weighing myself daily in the nude typically at any time from 7 AM to 9:30 AM, after urination, before eating. I've seen jumps as big as about 2kg (though I've seen even ~3kg before), with my weight going up because of adjusting my exercise habits and protein intake. I'm visually acquiring and feeling muscle mass developments even in a mild deficit, and my weight/definition/waistline reflect this, suggesting effective recomping.

What would you recommend then for extreme weight loss?

Fasting and/or minimizing your eating windows or frequency otherwise. So, you could do one daily meal with a diet focused on sufficient protein and fats intake. Spiking your insulin less by refraining from snacking and eating several times a day will lead to you being less hungry over time once you've adapted. I don't recommend keto for most people, just eat moderately with a primary emphasis on majority food sources containing plenty of proteins and fats.

That is mostly what I do rn. But I could switch to just one meal a day.

Bumping thread

Did you have a sedentary lifestyle before starting? Maybe your workout ain't much but you might have gained some muscle, wich is heavy.

too many carbs

Not really, I’ve been a powerlifter for about a decade now.

It’s not uncommon, I’d definitely plateau on scale weight for a bit when trying to lose weight (I don’t remember the science behind it). As long as you’re noticing fat loss and waist size going down I don’t think patience is bad.

I suppose that makes sense. It’s just concerning not seeing the actual number on the scale drop, as it makes me second guess myself.

a lot of endurance exercises are literal traps, because as you do them, two things happen:
>your body develops the required muscles to do the exercise more effeciently
>your CNS learns how to do the exercise with the lowest expenditure of energy possible
You get better and walking, or using a power bike, and it gets less good as an exercise.
A lot of people sound like retards when they say "confuse your muscles". but you really gotta do.