This has been dinner the last few nights. Chicken and tortilla wraps. While it fits into my macros...

This has been dinner the last few nights. Chicken and tortilla wraps. While it fits into my macros, I wish it was overall healthier. What kind of shit can I add to this?

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.87M)

I am looking at two ingredients here and I don't know what to say
What is the question exactly?

make your own tortillas, and add pico de gallo with cilantro, lime, onion, etc.

rotel, pinto beans, guac(avocado,limejuice,salt), hot sauce, lawry's etc

he wants to make it a proper meal

tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro, pico de gallo, lime juice.

Avocado, cilantro, homemade salsa. Dude have you not thought about what goes on a taco?

Not OP: My grandma taught me how to make tortillas but she uses vegetable shortening. Do you know of a way to use something better?

just use butter in its place (or lard), cuts into the flour the same way
not saying butter is actually healthy, but no one ate the industrial vegetable oils in everything 100 years ago, so I don't trust that shit at all

put some mixed greens and some kinda sauce in those bitches. even lettuce and salsa would take that up a notch

I added lemon juice to the chicken while cooking it. I’ll look into that stuff. Do you think pepper onions and spinach would pair well with that stuff?
I only just learned how to cook chicken. Only thing I can think to add for tacos is tomato onion peppers and cheese. Cheese is out since cutting
I’ll look into it but I do t really have that kind of patience and just wanna keep it simple for now to ensure I don’t stray. Sounds fun to do though

Lard is the OG kinda fat used in them anyway. Though nowadays its hard to find good quality lard that doesnt come from corn fed piggies. Still better tha industrial lubricant

lard either beef or pork, chicken schmaltz, rendered lamb fat, bacon grease. Any fat or oil will work, fats that solidify at room temperature will produce a better textured tortilla.

I use beef fat. I think bacon fat brings in too much of it's own flavor for my taste, but when I've shared them several other people loved the flavor.

>pepper onions and spinach would pair well with that stuff?
yeah. i mean bell pepper woudl be lame, but if you like red peppers or jalapeno or habanero or serrano, then go for it. onion belongs in pico de gallo, but adding more is not a downside, that is if you like the flavor. spinach is a splendid sub for lettuce. iceberg lettuce has basically no nutrition and is jsut fiber, but it adds a lot of crunch to the meal and tastes yummy, you cant really replicate that with spinach but it will still taste good. :)) based cooking learner. topping it with lime juice, even if you cooked it with lemon, will still taste good. jsut experiment! go to taco stands and order an asada taco and just copy it straight up.

Another question guys. If it’s not tortillas I make home fry style potatoes for my carb. What do you recommend I add to chicken and potatoes? Peppers and onions? Looking into a rice cooker because I’m dumb enough to fuck rice up apparently but I imagine I’d mix in actual greens (chopped up super fine) like green beans broccoli etc for rice.

You can’t tell from the pic but I used two types of sauces split into half of these. Chick fil a sauce and chipotle sauce. Just so it’s not straight up chicken and tortillas…. I’m going to try the above recommendations to do without these sauces

Thank you user. I’m actually having fun cleaning my diet up. This tastes better than the crap I was eating before

My favorite taco in the world is spicy seasoned pork or chicken, fresh finely chopped onion, and fresh cilantro. Add a squeeze of lime right before eating if you want to kick it up. Sometimes I add hot sauce or salsa, but it's good to eat them without sauces as well so you can appreciate and improve the other ingredients.

115g of butter is 1 stick, you can do it all in a bowl, and a cast iron skillet works fine to sear em
do a double batch, takes 10 mins to make the dough, down period while it rests, 20 more to cook them all, and then you have tortillas for a week or more (can freeze and microwave them if keeping a while)
try the salsa recipe too, add some lime juice and it keeps for a while

Attached: recipes.png (664x850, 235.77K)

Dude, from the ingredients you are interested in and your desire to expand on what you are already cooking every cuisine in the world is at your fingertips.

Watch a few video recipes and you'll be making stir fry, curries, italian sauces, tacos, mexican soups etc in no time.

All around the world many cuisines share the same ingredients. The difference between an indian curry and an italian tomato sauce is really just a few ingredients added or left out.

here you go user. this will help. spices will explode your possibilities.

Attached: Untitled-2.png (3326x2224, 1.82M)

yeah just fry up your meat, remove it, then fry the peppers and onions in the pan, remove them, then fry your taters and recombine everything at the end. a kino meal, even better if you scrambled an egg in at the end

Thank you for this. I usually just throw a random mix of black pepper onion pep pricks and whatever else I happen to have on my food. I would say it comes out good but isn’t anything great

I know it's not doable for everyone but if you ever get the opportunity to butcher your own animals you can render the fat from pigs and get your own lard for cooking. If you're super lucky you can use the rendered fat from a bear, the pioneers went wild for that shit.

Attached: 1613402174877.jpg (700x674, 66.02K)