/rowing/

Is rowing a good workout? I recently tried the rowing machines in the back of gym, they were exhausting me very quickly, I felt a pump in all of my muscles and my abs felt really sore the next day.
I really like it, but I'm also the only one who has ever used them here so I'm not sure if they're actually effective

Attached: it063312d.jpg (800x800, 60.06K)

Yea they’re really good for cardio and strength endurance

I recently bought one and have been using it. I like it. Running makes me puke at the 0.5 mile mark, and I’ve destroyed my knees, but with this I can go hard for like an hour keep my HR around 130-150 and while I feel tired it’s not the same as running, and afterwards I feel amazing rather than sick. I really hope it will translate to running since I need to run like 3-5 miles for fire academy. If it doesn’t translate by much I do assume that when I’m leaner it will be much easier for me to run

Hey man former D1 rower here and also going to police academy this summer. Rowing does not translate to running at all. Highly recommend you start hitting the track and doing interval workouts

Hey man current D1 rower here and also finished police academy last summer. Rowing does translate. Highly recommend you stop hitting the track and doing interval workouts

Not funny, didn’t laugh

Funny, did laugh

Hey man former Minnesota cop here and also going to prison this summer. Rowing does not translate to policing at all. Highly recommend you start doing 3 sets of neck kneels until fatigue.

Rowing is great for cardio. It's kinda boring so I break it up by rowing for a minute, doing 10 pushups, and then rowing again.

In any case there’s not much I can do until I’m leaner. Realistically I can only run about 0.25 miles, 0.5 if I want to puke and make myself feel sick for the next week to the point I can’t even lift. So I’ll row until I’m sub 200lbs then start running. But I do have to assume me being horribly out of shape would help condition my heart and lungs to some degree that carries over to running.
I laughed

Is it possible that you're breathing wrong?
I'm not a cardio expert, but it sounds to me that you're running too fast to supply your muscles with oxygen.

Try finding a breathing pattern first and match your (for the lack of a better word) stride to it's rythm, and check how fast your natural running speed is first

>using the foot straps
Training wheels.

They are easily the best cardio ever
They aren't that popular because most normalfags still believes running is the be-all and end-all, when it is in fact one of the most damaging cardio due to its high impact nature
And THAT'S A GOOD THING, since it means the rowing machines won't be hogged by idiots all the time, as normal gyms don't tend to have many of them

you should've gone to more than 1 crew practice, feet out rowing is just a drill

I only use it for like 5 minutes to warm up

ive been rowing 6 days a week since the first lockdown started. zero knee pain
i dont go that hard though only 2/500

>going to police academy
Do you already hate black people or does that come later?

I do unironically hate black people but there are no black people in my city. I wouldn't work in a nigger infested shithole

drill your mom

Can you now make this about race?

too busy drilling yours (multiple hour sessions, peak cardio and consistent thrusting force from my steady state rowing, strapped in)