/Running/ General

>he can't run 2.5 miles in 20 minutes

>he thinks he's Any Forums

You faggots better stop skipping cardio. No one cares if you can bench 315 but you can't run a mile without getting out of breath.

EVERY SINGLE SPORT REQUIRES A BASIC LEVEL OF CARDIO.

You can't play soccer without cardio. You can't play baseball without cardio. You can't play basketball without cardio. You can't play football without cardio.

You need to have a basic level of cardiovascular conditioning. I'm not saying you need to do marathons. Just run 20 to 30 min 3 times a week, and you will see crazy improvements in your overall heart health.

Not to mention it gets your abs shredded like nothing else.

Attached: pepelaughz.jpg (800x450, 43.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_abCD_17lCk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Makes thread about running and the importance of cardio
>Implies 2.5 miles in 20 minutes is a decent bench mark
The absolute state.

No one cares if you can run a mile without getting out of breath. You can't reasonably prove it in any capacity.
>hey want to watch me bench 3 pl8?
>"sure"
>*benches 3 pl8*
>"wow user you sure are strong!"

>hey want to watch me run a mile?
>"uh okay I guess"
>*runs a mile just to come back and see whomever you asked to watch already left because that's boring to watch*

Fucking a.
I peaked at 3 in 21 and 1 in 5:30 and that's fucking slow.

Based cardio thread

>You can't play soccer without cardio. You can't play basketball without cardio. You can't play football without cardio.
Virtually any other adult I would be playing those sports with has shit tier desk jockey cardio so my basic cardio from biking to/from the gym and lifting is more than sufficient. I'm not out here trying to make the Premier League or NBA.
>You can't play baseball without cardio.
Top lel
>Just run 20 to 30 min 3 times a week,
No thank you

Lazy, and not based

I have pain so bad i have to stop running on the front of my lower shins after running just under a mile and it just wont heal or stop

How can i combat this? Do i just run through it? Please anons offer me advice i really need this i am training to become a firefighter and its my dream but my legs are either weak or im doing something seriously wrong and even after months of trying to let them heal they seem to never get better. Ive just been lifting whilst i cant run but i really want yo be able to run.

Running is important for health
Being obese (even muscle obese) is bad for you
Running 30+ miles per week is incompatible with being muscular

I wish /run/ could be a better general but it is honestly one of the worst on this site. Running is boring and you can't take pictures of a run so all that happens is people taking screenshots of their run distance/time and jerking off over how they are better than other people. Alternatively, you've got 300 lb fatasses whining about how Couch To 5K is too hard and what they should do instead.

I implore any anons reading my ramble to strive for moderation with these as their long term goals (being able to do all simultaneously)
>2/3/4/5 for 1
>20 minute 5K
>sub 12% body fat and abs

Attached: 1vGnX.png (594x324, 194.5K)

I was pretty good at wrestling while still being a terrible runner.

Sounds like shin splits. They take months to heal. Get fitted for better shoes, don't run on concrete, and possibly see a doctor about it for extra advice.

>2.5 miles in 20 mins

Something tells me that’s your own standard that you’re projecting OP and it’s one to be embarrassed of. If you can’t crack a 5k/3miles in 20mins or less, you’re not in a place to stand over anybody else

5k is literally boomer mom tier distance as well

you need to be walking 10k steps a day for a few weeks. then start with interval running (30 seconds running 30 seconds walking) and slowly build up

I injured myself pushing through it too fast, it takes time. Just listen to your body and it will go away.

>5k/3miles in 20mins or less
How much training is required to get here? How long can I progressively overload running?

I started with C25K back in december and I'm now running 17k at a 5:30/km pace, 7.5k (with lots of ups and downs) at 4:45/km. How do I train for sub 20 5k?

Get better shoes ASAP. Go to a professional running store (even if you have to drive 300 miles for this), and let them help you choose a shoe. If it's a good store they'll let you test run a few shoes, film your technique and give you pointers.

I used to be like you, not even fat at 13% bf back then but still my shins and knees were on fire while in the first week of C25K. 4 months later and I'm running 15k's regularly. It's amazing what good shoes can do.

Cardio isnt real dummy.

youtube.com/watch?v=_abCD_17lCk

>years without running
>always walked on the 5k with my mother
>always took like 1hr 20 min to finish because of it
>decided to join a 5k with my future in-laws
>37min 58 seg
>started to walk 6 mi every day
>takes me 1 hr 27 min in average
>gonna aim to get it into 45 min before the year ends
I still want to lift heavy to manhandle my fiancée, but it is a progress.

How’s my routine looking, wanting to build up to a 5km but my Achilles are too weak or something, I get pains in the back and sides of my ankle, so slowly building up running distance. Getting ready for a triathlon and cutting at about 3000 kcal per day which is a gentle deficit

Routine:

>Monday cycle 10km quick

>Tuesday Upper body lift

>Wednesday run 2x2.6km/5x1km

>Thursday Lower body lift

>Friday AM cycle 20km slow
>Friday PM swim 2x400m

>Saturday AM upper body
>Saturday PM run 5km easy pace

>Sunday AM lower body
>Sunday PM swim 3x250m

runner friend of mine once invited me and a couple of other people to come watch him run 7k in a park. was pretty boring. but it's possible!

I can do a 100 meter dash in 6 seconds but my time for a mile is 13 minutes
I have no endurance, whatever

Is it possible to keep dropping weight while running a lot and also gain muscle mass through lifting? I started lifting like 2 weeks ago and my appetite has increased so much I can't tell if I'm over eating or under eating anymore.