What Amino Acids Do?

Sup dyels. Anyone have a handy guide that explains what each amino acid does?
I know a little bit, but want to know more:
Tryptophan: precursor of serotonin. Tryptophan restriction is thought to have longevity benefits
Histidine: precursor to inflammatory compounds
Methionine: methionine restriction is the most potent known method of life extension
Tyrosine and Phenethyalanine: precursors of dopamine, which oppose the action of serotonin
Arginine: bloodflow
Etc.
I want to know more.

Attached: Amino Acids.png (2667x2447, 263.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raypeat.com/articles/aging/tryptophan-serotonin-aging.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/meat-physiology-stress.shtml
faseb.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1096/fasebj.25.1_supplement.528.2).
nytimes.com/1973/09/03/archives/caucasus-peasant-dies-at-168-said-to-be-worlds-oldest-man.html#:~:text=MOSCOW, Sept.,and 219 other family members)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

make muscle bigger

Yeah I want to know more.
Eating 50g/day of gelatin is the most practical method of methionine, cysteine and tryptophan restriction.
Cheese and legumes are the most dopaminergic proteins.
Legumes provides decent methionine and cysteine restriction.
Beef provides decent tryptophan restriction.

I want to know more shit like this.

You know... All these proteins get hydrolised once they arrive at the stomach and theyre basically just nucleotides all broken down. So I really dunno how important it is to get each one.

Your body constantly breaks down and rearranges them based on the body's needs.

This is what I'm doing.
Calculating amino acid ratios to determine protein quality.
Supplementing gelatin is the best way to improve protein quality to promote dopamine synthesis, oppose serotonin, and reduce inflammation.
Methionine restriction is one of the most promising methods of life extension.

Attached: Protein Quality Chart.png (2172x1609, 292.57K)

Leucine triggers muscle protein synthesis so its the main driver in anabolic hypertrophy.

Attached: The-leucine-trigger-hypothesis-The-ingestion-of-an-isolated-protein-source-eg.png (850x825, 65.7K)

Lysine is used to make all the Collagen in your joints. Or the endothelial layer of your veins. Lysine and Vitamin C are the main things needed for your body to make collagen and repair joints.

If you feel joint pain from lifting you take 5grams of Vitamin C a day and the pain will go away after a couple weeks.

>restricts tryptophan
>diminished serotonin production
>depression and anxiety
>cognitive disfunction over time
Go on user, restrict the shit out of your tryptophan intake

>restricts methionine
>diminished glutatione production
>oxidative stress (mostly in liver and brain)
>neurodegeneration and impaired liver function
>increased chance of cancer
Go on user, restrict the shit out of your methionine consumption

I could go on but I think the rest of you Anons get the picture

T. Masters degree in tryptophan/kynurenine metabolism

Clear observation shows life extension from restriction akin to straight up fasting and still the academiafag cries “MUH ANTIOXIDANTS!!”

OP here.
I'm following Ray Peat guidelines.
The studies that he cites shows major lifespan increases, in rodents, with restricting methionine. Higher methionine = higher inflammation.
And Ray's interprets serotonin as a bad thing. Dopamine and serotonin are opposing eachother. You want to be in a high dopamine, ambitious high energy mood, not in a high serotonin, couch potato mood.

Anyways I feel good eating 50g/day gelatin.

raypeat.com/articles/aging/tryptophan-serotonin-aging.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/meat-physiology-stress.shtml

Life expectancy is mostly genetic, methionine restriction worsens sarcopenia since it requires protein restriction.
Quality of life matters life expectancy is just one metric of health, these losers obsessing over single amino acids wanting to hack their bodies don't realise most people don't need less protein but more specially as they age.

>methionine restriction worsens sarcopenia since it requires protein restriction.
No it doesn't.
Methionine restriction can be achieved by eating legumes or supplementing gelatin.

>ray pear
>i rodents
jflmao

Yes it does, take a look at the protein content in legumes, broadbeans are some of the highest glycine source in all legumes and a fucking kilogram of raw broadbeans would give you less than 70g of protein, total glycine content of that being less than that found in 100g of chicken breast LMFAO, this is ignoring the horrid protein quality of legumes let's not even talk about that and how certain amino acids are almost unabsorbed and just ferment in the gut.
Biohackercels always trying to reinvent the wheel make me laugh. Just eat meat and vegetables if you want longevity stop fucking coping and following what boomer cucks online say.
>supplementing gelatin
Literally 0 evidence that it helps with life expectancy, the only thing that helps life expectancy is starvation and being small, have fun being small and weak dyel cunt.
Even soibeans absolutely fucking SUCK for as a source of glycine despite being the best plant protein, fried chicken has like 2x the amount of glycine on a gram by gram basis LOL. Go shill your glycine meme shit somewhere else faggotbrains.

Legume protein has about 40% less methionine and cysteine than muscle meat. So eating legumes as your primary source of protein, rather than muscle meat, provides a good amount of methionine restriction.
Blue Zone diets have a lot of legumes.
Caucasus longevity people eat a diet high in gelatin and cheese.

No if you look at longevity studies, there are studies showing that:
(1) caloric restriction can improve lifespan
(2) methionine restricted diets can achieve the same lifespan increases as caloric restriction
And gelatin supplementation is the easiest way to deplete methionine. Glycine is known to deplete methionine.

>Collagen Supplementation (28% lifespan increase in 8-12% glycine supplemented rats): Dietary glycine supplementation mimics lifespan extension by dietary methionine restriction in Fisher 344 rats (faseb.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1096/fasebj.25.1_supplement.528.2). “Dietary methionine (Met) restriction (MR) extends lifespan in rodents by 30–40% and inhibits growth. Since glycine is the vehicle for hepatic clearance of excess Met…we hypothesized that dietary glycine supplementation (GS) might produce biochemical and endocrine changes similar to MR and also extend lifespan…” >Seven-week-old male Fisher 344 rats were fed diets containing 0.43% Met/2.3% glycine (control fed; CF) or 0.43% Met/4%, 8% or 12% glycine until natural death. In 8% or 12% GS (glycine supplementation) rats, median lifespan increased from 88 weeks (w) to 113 w, and maximum lifespan increased from 91 w to 119 w v CF.

Caucasus Peasant Lives to 168: Caucusus man had a life of simple living and fresh mountain air. His usual diet was chicken broth, cheese and a curded milk called siren. Was not a smoker or a drinker. (nytimes.com/1973/09/03/archives/caucasus-peasant-dies-at-168-said-to-be-worlds-oldest-man.html#:~:text=MOSCOW, Sept.,and 219 other family members)

>broadbeans are some of the highest glycine source in all legumes and a fucking kilogram of raw broadbeans would give you less than 70g of protein
Lentils are 27% protein. People can live off rice and beans. And I'm not advocating a full legume diet. For one thing beef provides tryptophan restriction. Supplementing gelatin is by far the most important factor for improving protein quality according to these metrics. Eating cheese provides good cysteine restriction.

thanks this is the sort of stuff I was looking for

Or you can just eat meat and get way more glycine anyway and methionine and leucine and isoleucine and valine and cystine and tryptophan and basically every amino acid you can think of, this glycine methionine ratio shit is irrelevant what matters is total consumption.
>rats
JFLMAO
Lentils, beans and rice fucking suck as protein sources, you need more protein from those sources than you need from meat to cope with the shit protein quality.
You're advocating for a peasant diet, have fun being a peasant and have fun with your sarcopenic goals.

>Anyways I feel good eating 50g/day gelatin.

I make a bunch of soups with homemade chicken stock. When I make my chicken stock and cool it then its like a jelly. Very gelatinous and similar to a spreadable jam.

Attached: 6.jpg (772x1025, 103.36K)