>ctrl-f no /fitlit/

read Sun and Steel

archive.org/details/sunAndSteel_201810

Attached: yukio-mishima-5.jpg (900x750, 98.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=80cCp4oM4io
youtube.com/watch?v=bO-w-cn-pJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sun and Steel wasn’t nearly as homoerotic as I had hoped.

Currently reading The Centre Cannot Hold and then The Dictator’s Handbook

Why should I read him?

I saw him being shilled on /lit/ before.
If I remember correctly he was ok with cultural exchange but was against the consumerism that came with the western culture and something about being a closed homosexual. Also, he invaded some military complex to prove something and at the end one of his buddies failed to decapitate him in one swing.

Attached: 1608619269997.jpg (720x1000, 383.05K)

Reading Might is Right should be a requirement to post here.

Attached: 1617015540714.gif (500x270, 1016.46K)

Just finished reading the discourses of epictetus, and the Illiad. Currently reading the meditations of Aurelius.

After I finish this, I’d like to read some of St.Thomas Aquinas work.

Bros, Ernst Junger is a must.

1. Love only functions under a third principle (god, nation, heritage)
2. Westernization equals feminization
3. Beauty = The Good/The Morally right
4. Embrace the ephemeral, reject permanence
5.steel your mind through meditations of death, embrace it
6. Physical action trumps abstraction and observation, art is a shadow
7. be consumed by your passion, dont confuse coping with passion

Attached: FJ_7finXwAMWfTp.png (443x840, 492.62K)

>this

Reading Blood Meridian will increase your test.

Seems very based. I will check it out

Attached: 1632725020511.jpg (1536x815, 376.49K)

Must read BAP

Attached: bap.jpg (384x384, 24.23K)

I tried reading Sun and Steel got as far as maybe 50% of the book. I didn't get it guys, English is not my native language but I don't usually have problems reading books in english, it felt off, maybe it was the translation? This was in 2020, should I retry? is the book really worth it?

Attached: EkidlhQWkAEazkL.jpg (1280x720, 42.76K)

his short movie patriotism, based on a short story he wrote

youtube.com/watch?v=80cCp4oM4io
original wagner-score

youtube.com/watch?v=bO-w-cn-pJM
a modern rescore that I prefer.

Mishima transformed his body into steel but he was also a great scholar, his knowledge encyclopaedic. He was a controversial novellist, but the most important playwright in post-war japan.
Following his trajectory from Confessions of a Mask to his suicide feels quite natural, his trajectory obvious but he was actually seen as a eccentric dandy in japan, similiar to David Bowie perhaps (who admired Mishima). Nobody took his ideology/philosophy seriously, which is one of the motivators for his suicidal act. He did not find any fertile ground for his beliefs in a japanese society that considered him a highly-talented but amusing oddity.
If we consider his last written words "Human life is limited but I would like to live forever.", noted on his last day of life, we must consider that he particularly alluded to his philosophy, he wanted to give his ideas on culture and life an iconic and undoubtable air, he wished to escape dying as a mere creature of media attention, a mere novelist and artist, and immortalize his ideas so that a future, reactionary and true-hearted generation of men could be fostered by his works. Particularly his novel runaway horses can be seen as purposefully radicalizing readers who emphasized with his perspective, and it did play a large role in his creation of the tatenokai. Which is something i failed to mention. He created a private militia, with the purpose of training fanatics of the emperor. It is noted in one of the biographies that their exercises were akin to childrens games. He wished to elevate the Tatenokai into a serious symbol of modern resistance by utilizing them in his coup d'etat and ritual suicide. y0s0y

Kek

Read picrelated, it's Mishima at his most honest, and gives good insight into the human reality of the actuality of his harsher values.
Coupled with the fact that Mishima begged his friends not to kill themselves for the sake of honor during their coup attempt, it shows a more moral, more human side of a man who so often tried to present himself as an unflinching badass the way so many wannabe fascists do.

I'm retarded and forgot the pic

Attached: 91VHGE-qsxL.jpg (1559x2400, 585.06K)

based

I will once I finish Meditations

>more human side of a man who so often tried to present himself as an unflinching badass the way so many wannabe fascists do.
how ignorant are you? You know nothing about mishima

No queer RW lit ever is, sadly