Pop Quiz. It is harder to bench press 8 5kg plates or 2 20kg plates?

Pop Quiz. It is harder to bench press 8 5kg plates or 2 20kg plates?

Attached: benchpress.jpg (1440x600, 710.11K)

2 reps with 20kg plates is harder

2 20kg plates because they are 20kg

20kg is a lot more than 5kg it might seem close but when its up there its really heavy

I mean 8 actual plates, not 8 reps.

I think he means difference between eight 5kg plates (40kg) and two 20kg (also 40kg). Dumbasses

8 5kg plates cause I'm tired from running around finding 16 plates in the gym fighting off the dyels stealing them from me

20kg is way more than 5 retard, hit a gym once

piss off Limmy

8 5kg plates due to being farther to the center of the barbell

Trick question: neither is hard cause that's bitch weight.

Yeah, but 20 kg plates have larger moments of inertia.

There's no significative difference at those weights.

If we were talking about huge weights (think about those 600-700 pound benchers) and depending on the flex of the bar, having more plates or thicker plates moving the weight slightly further from your body (along with said flex of the bar) could make a difference in the movement pattern.

But since I've never heard anyone mentioning this, as opposed to, say, on the deadlift in which the flex of the bar and how far on it the weight is placed actually makes a difference, I'm guessing it's mostly a non-issue.

It would be harder to bench 8 5kg plates because you'd need to stack 4 small 5kg plates in each hand and balance it while pressing. Much easier to press 1 larger 20kg plate per hand.

t. 5 bar bencher

Attached: ayy lmao 5bar.webm (342x600, 1.73M)

I have never seen anyone bench 8 5kg plates but I've seen plenty bench 2 20kg ones. therefore the 5kgs must be harder because no one is doing it

i don't think that factors unless the plates are rotating

>counting the bar

My god fit is retarded

you're also fit so ur retarded too lmao

what weights more, 5kg plates on 5 bars or 1 25kg plates on 1 bars

The psychological effect of more but lighter plates doesn't work for me, i lift way better when i have the highest weight in lowest number of plates.

how much more does a rotating plate weigh than a still plate?