If you dont look fit by 1 year of lifting...

If you dont look fit by 1 year of lifting, i feel like your already stuck there and can only look slightly better if you change something up.

This is just what i think but hopefully its not true. Ive never seen anyone who looked just okay one year after lifting but then made it after that 1 year mark. Is this correct?

Attached: 666FD8E1-04E8-4422-9A1F-39853A9DB4F2.jpg (1001x1200, 139.89K)

Yeah, generally people who don't figure it out in a year won't figure out in two years either. But if that's you, you should know that it is still entirely possible to start doing it right.

It compounds and depends on genetics and your starting point.

Took me 3 years to undo the decade of eating oreos and coke.

1 year of lifting =\= 1 year of lifting

1 year of well-structured program, good and consistent diet, proper sleep and recovery can achieve better results than 3 years of mediocre lifting, shitty diet, poor sleep and mini-injuries from time to time

Despite for lifting for 3 years, when I fixed my diet and sleep I felt like I was started using gear

sorry user but youre dumb

Youre right but im talking about the body too.. Like i feel like part of to blame is your genetics cause a year of lifting didnt do much for you. Assuming you didnt fuck it up that bad.

Not making excuses but i feel like the effort i did for a year if done by a different person, he'd look so much better. Does that make sense. Sorry im esl so its hard to explain my point

what do you mean by fixing diet? What do you eat now / don't eat. Wtf does this mean, everyone always says this. Does it mean eating clean? Is it an American thing?

I bloatmaxxed while I was at my strongest. I was obese as fuck but I was built like a brick shithouse.

True. Starting point is a factor too of course. But i try to compare progress pics of guys who look like me and just a few months they already look good. And i see people who has pics every month and every month theres a slight difference. For me, not so much. is it just for some people the progress is just really really slow but eventually you will get there? Or theres a point that if you reach 1 year and you look not so good, theres definitely something wrong youre doing?

Please see my reply above also. I agree with you but at what point does your body just give up like is there a timeline where if you dont look good by this time, something is wrong with you?

I sat down if a pen and a calculator

Counted exactly how much protein, fat and carbs I should eat each day

Different meal plans on days when I train vs when I rest

Started cooking and preparing all my meals

Cleaned my diet from seed oils, unhealthy fats and sugar

Started circulating carbs around my workout

Also made sure I get at least 8 hours of high quality sleep each night

Not gonna lie, it took some work to get all of this together, my progress in strength and overall physique was trully astonishing

That's why you don't track progress through the mirror. If your numbers are going up overtime you are making gains, it's impossible not to. Strength = gains as a natural lifter.

If you have a narrow minded view of what looks good, then yeah. Your frame and muscle attachments will determine whether you can be that type of athlete or not. If you can appreciate any given body type or physical discipline then you can just do the one you're genetically cut out for.

Bro I was 125lbs @6'0 when I started lifting. I had to gain 40lbs of LBM to look ottermode / just BARELY break out of DYEL mode and then there are still 25lbs more of MUSCLE to gain to actually look fit. Shit takes time man.

Id say my lifts go up. its slow but its improving. But i cant help but to compare progress pics on some people where they look crazy good in even just 6 months lifting. and thinking we have the same starting point too

I mean id say i look so much better now than before thats for sure. But nowhere as good as the people i see here.

i know is shouldnt be comparing i just wanna know if im doing something wrong or if theres a basis on where if i dont look good by this time, i have to change things up. Like i dont wanna keep doing what im doing now thinking that its just a slow progress but all this time im doing it wrong

Eat more

How long did it take you to look good? I know it takes a lot of time but i just wanna know if what im doing is correct and the progress is just slow.

im fine with looking just okay. im not planning on becoming a 2door cupboard nor do i plan on making lifting into my personality

Attached: 1635588714450.jpg (680x555, 32.31K)

If you aren't starting to like the progress you're seeing in the mirror after 2-3 months then you need to switch something up. That or you need to actually start trying.

retard

Attached: 1618409680086.jpg (894x866, 169.17K)

I needed ~2 years to finally pop up. Youve got to figure out a lot. Not everyone starts after a lifelong indoctrination of Any Forums and youtubers

You are still a newbie user. You have a long way to go. 1 year is nothing. Post again after a decade or 2. 18 years of lifting for me.