/fat/ - STOP EATING PIGGT

>Who is /fat/ for?
For bulky bread bingers who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq

Last thread:

Attached: 0D99A7F1-CB21-4602-8680-4D75F7D89440.png (700x1400, 1.04M)

>”Yeah so basically fruit and vegetables are BAD for you and make you fat.”

Attached: 9DD91DEF-CBBA-4A98-9540-F3DC1A8C08F9.jpg (1042x876, 502.43K)

Too buff, replace dude with a DYEL

>”Yeah so basically CICO is a myth, you can eat unlimited amounts of bacon and butter without gaining a single pound as long as you DO NOT UNDER ANT CIRCUMSTANCES eat an apple.

Attached: 9BAEFA43-6D2A-47E2-B9DA-0C7FE6213329.jpg (1042x876, 144.29K)

he’s a manlet that’s even worse than being dyel

Ahhh fucken doms has hit hard today, I have to wage slave today too. Fuck maybe if I lift/so cardio before work it will get rid of it.

Attached: B3F1D758-B006-4CB6-A6BF-5BE9D9E116DA.jpg (320x320, 33.54K)

FattyContest
SinOfGluttony
223.8 lbs

Attached: jesus.jpg (768x432, 200.52K)

CICO works, but on a proper keto, you won't be able to stomach enough protein and fat to meet even your BMR.
Sugar spikes from carbs, including fruit, are a major reason why people overeat. This makes most veggies good since they contain vitamins while having little to no carbs.
Adding to that, sugar spikes make you feel hungry more often. Keto is essentially easy mode weight loss diet since you don't have to deal with hunger at all.

I know I'm eating under TDEE. I'm also working out. My weight loss has all but stalled.

Should I keep at it, or do a 24hr fast to break the stall?

for reference
>5'10, 250lbs
>lunch: 300cal hamburger patty w/ cheese
>dinner: (2) 300cal hamburger pattys w/ cheese, (4) 100cal whey scoops, (1) 240cal keto bar
total ~1700cal
>workout ~5 hours a week including bench, deadlift, OHP, and dumbell squats

>"ketolard" guy's entire life is about saying "ketolard" on Any Forums and refreshing Any Forums and /ck/ 24/7 to look for keto threads to say ketolard in

without the internet this guy would have probably become a pro golfer or learned to operate a submarine or something

please eat more nutritious food for one thing. I don't think I need to explain this.
also yes it's normal for weight loss to stall here and there. it's just water weight fluctuations, nothing to be concerned with as long as it's less than 4 weeks of stalling. it will probably happen to most people about 1-3 months after starting dieting. in the long run it doesn't matter, CICO is what matters, and you will still be losing fat even while gaining water weight. you'll quickly lose the water weight at some point.

Injured my back so I gotta take some rest days, at least the weight is coming off nicely. Just 20 kgs to go.

That’s a lot of weight porky

>please eat more nutritious food for one thing. I don't think I need to explain this.
you don't need to explain it to me, but for others who aren't as smart as us, could you clarify?

I'm doing keto and I take magnesium, but may start taking other supplements

ketoschizos think this is a healthy diet

I don't plan on keto forever, but it's the only way I can get the protein I need while also eating at a significant deficit

my goal is 200lbs then going back to carbs while also doing 16:8 IF (currently doing 16:8 IF with 22:2 on weekends)

keto fucking sucks. I've missed out on getting drinks/food with my friends because I don't want to get out of ketosis

Fatty Contest
Yamato
81.5 kg
178 cm

I am going Any Forums for my beloved Fauna. Started keto right at the end of 2021 (87 kg), hoping to achieve a good body by summer. I started lifting early this week, too. Heavy lifting and cardio early in the morning plus keto OMADs in the evening up to 1200 kcal is the way to go for me. Discovered a brand of quality meat recently. Will supplement good protein soon enough. Getting blueberries as a cheat snack.
My LBM is 62 kg. I should be fine with the goal weight of 68, but I'll see how it goes.
At 75 kg, I'll start running long distances seriously.
My February goal is 79 kg. Should be easy enough provided that I don't eat any excess carbs.
You all are going to make it.

Attached: 1644558852081.jpg (1200x876, 704.67K)

Shut up you fat cunt.

I DONT CARE WHAT YOU GUYS SAY KETO WORKS

I suggest you either try fasting or lower your daily calories. 1700 is too much. I lose 1 kg per week steadily while eating keto to satiety, and I rarely go higher than 1200 (I'm 180 lbs 5'10).
You may improve your fat content while cutting your daily calories, at the same time supplementing protein. I suppose you're not that muscular - in this case, 100g of protein is more than enough for your muscles to be OK in the long term. I'd say even 80g. You won't be able to efficiently build muscle mass while cutting anyway.

Fatty Contest
meep
186.6 lbs

It happened bros.. This the first time I've been in the normal BMI range in my entire teenage+adult life. I still have 20 lbs or so to lose but it's hard to believe I'm this low of a weight.
Many of you have been a huge inspiration to me and helped keep me on track, WAGMI :)

Attached: picture.png (960x1280, 1.56M)

Yeah. It works and that's why they're mad about it.

aaahhhhh fuckk I stayed under 1k calories per day and the scale only went down .1kg this week,I was confused but then I remembered I haven't had a shit since Tuesday + had a potato and rice and lots of water last night.. (still way under tdee though)

Attached: IMG_20220212_140733.jpg (1080x1267, 383.11K)

Accept the pickle pill and do a 48 hour fast

Don't worry, keep it consistent and you'll achieve your goal. Make sure you hydrate well.

Nice feet user, you will make it

It "works" as a fad diet. If you're the kind of subhuman who could actually live without ever eating carbs again, then maybe keto works, assuming you stick to eating bacon fried in lard for every meal and never ever want some bread, pasta, rice or potatoes. If you're happy never eating those foods again, go for keto. Everyone else? Yeah, you'll just put the weight right back on after you start eating normally again, because you haven't fixed your bad habits.

How can I fast and eat pickles at the same time?

idk what's in the keto bar, but eating practically only meat and dairy is not going to provide all the fiber, vitamins and minerals that you should be eating. somebody following this diet is probably deficient in the majority of essential vitamins and minerals. fruit and vegetables would be a good addition. I understand this might not be desirable to someone following a keto diet, however a lot of vegetables contain very small amounts of carbs so it's probably not going to be a problem

I'm happy with never eating these foods again. Sure, carbs are delicious, but I've learned not to make a cult out of food like I used to in my very fat days. Nowadays, it's just sustenance with a bit of personal touch since I cook everything myself, and I'm happy about how it turned out.
After I reach my goal, I'll keep myself on maintenance for a couple of months and see how I can return to a more mainstream diet. I'll probably eat rice and fruits occasionally, but I won't ever go back to fast food, sugary snacks, chips, eating out in general or stress eating I've dealt with.
80% of the food in the grocery stores is garbage anyway. I don't miss chocolate milk, puddings, dumplings and sodas. Keto taught me to eat cleanly and I'll continue eating as clean as I can for a long and healthy life, all the while exercising regularly.

Attached: 1644533136412.jpg (965x1897, 304.98K)

you do it quickly

y-you too fren

>I've learned not to make a cult out of food like I used to in my very fat days
>Does keto
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've been fasting long enough that I could genuinely get by with 2 meals at a day, but I force myself to eat so I don't lose gains

>I suppose you're not that muscular - in this case, 100g of protein is more than enough for your muscles
not sure how to calculate/quantify this, but all of my lifts are at or above 1/2/3/4 (except squat since I don't do that anymore)

I'll probably reevaluate and see what I can add/remove. veggies don't add many carbs (~12g per serving) but between those and the 1-2g carbs in other stuff (whey, keto bar, etc), there's a risk of it rising above 20g

Do 10 seconds of activity right now