This is important because way too many people are falling for disinformation regarding it

this is important because way too many people are falling for disinformation regarding it
lets try it again as a way to raise awareness
>the only accessory that literally does zero harm
>but rather actually offers huge improvement by giving you something to brace against which is vital for some lifts
>but for some reason Any Forums gets very self aware and insecure about them, going as far as calling it cheating
why?

Attached: 1639912420601.jpg (1481x1500, 152.93K)

why are oly belts tapered and powerlifting belts aren't ?

Cause you go deeper with oly lifts. Tapered lets you go lower. Powerlifting belt is bigger so you can't go as low.

However, powerlifting belt is the better option unless you're competing in oly lifts.

oly belts? what is that?

tapered belts

r9k tourist will seethe over anything. remember that they don't lift

can i still do atg squats with a powerlifting belt?

yes

How gay is it to wear a belt for squatting lmao2pl8s and DLing under 3? I'm just getting into the gym again and I've already tweaked my back a couple of times and I don't want to get injured

I put the belt on when I reach 85 percent of my max and higher

As gay as you make it to be

What lifts do you wear one for? Squats, deadlifts, oly shit, and OHP?

Nobody cares. I wear a belt on all of the compound lifts after warming up with the empty barbell.

im thinking about getting this one is it good/?

Attached: belt.png (1560x768, 302.51K)

>the virgin atrophied lumbar vs Developed Lumbar enjoyer

There are people in my gym who have a belt for squatting 1 pl8...

prong vs lever

Actually it goes like this
Tapered > Straight for Oly lifts
Tapered > Straight for recreational lifters (aka 99% of people), squats and deadlifts included, due to increased back support and comfort
Straight > Tapered for professional/competitive powerlifting levels due to the increased bracing support
You have no reason to get a Straight one until you're competing, Tapered belt are enough and more comfortable for most normal lifters

I always thought benching with a belt was weird. Never brought my belt to the gym on bench days but I finished my home gym recently. I decided to finally try it. It actually helps a good bit. I probably won't use it often on bench as I've don't bench heavy as much anymore. Mostly 6-12 reps.

its gay to give a shit

it isn't, it is only gay if you give a shit about it
you can wear a belt for squatting just the barbell if you feel like it
some people are going to vomit major horseshit like "b-but it's gonna le make your core le weak"
but do tell me what kind of garbage routine doesn't include core workouts?
common sense and having two functional braincells are enough for you to realize the supposed negatives gets neutered by the rest of your routine

Because if you're wearing it when you don't seriously need it (big weight) you are relying on the belt instead of your core, meaning you will not be training your core.

You made the mistake of getting a tapered and are too poor to afford a pl belt aren't you?

As someone who has both tapered for oly lifts and powerlifting belts, I can say with 120% you're wrong. The regular strength training gym rat benefits way more from a pl belt.

>the only accessory that literally does zero harm

I got a hernia literally yesterday because of these fuckers. I'm going natty from now on

Hey man, no need to get so insecure about it, some people are just bad with money and 99% of gym related blogs posts the same mindless copy pasted PL belt wank so it is fine to make mistakes, don't feel bad
But no, it's literally by the design of the belts and how they interact with your body, extra back support is more useful than extra bracing support for vast majority of people, you're looking to improve your performance and reduce injury rate, not just solely optimize your performance, and tapered belts wins for the former