/fat/ - Fat Loss General

>Who is /fat/ for?
For bulky bread bingers who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq

Last thread:

Attached: 1644451437820.png (1248x748, 446.38K)

Beetus i can't stand keto, it's all redditors and fat asses. They're so fucking stupid and fall for meme hairloss diets. How do I stop hating retards?
3/4/5/6 btw, geared

Attached: j768p5od1wf61.jpg (750x483, 66.8K)

don't forget to do cardio friends

>be me
>have 17 years
>not fat just a little fat
>start gym
>on day 3 see very beautiful woman
>has 22 years
>looks like dragon mother from game of thrones tv series
>want to focus on barbel but penis gains erection
>shes on bicycle machine
>i take other bicycle machine (to her left)
>very shy not know how to start say to her but thought still very notty
>use bicycle machine for 2 minutes not looking in her eyes
>finaly become brave
>"hi"
>she pluck out earphone
>"hi"
>fuck what to say now
>"your very good at bicycle machine"
>she look confuse
>"ummm thanks"
>keep rotating pedals
>after 6 seconds see she start puts earphone back in ear
>"you know you look like dragon mother"
>she begs my pardon
>"you know the dragon mother from game of thrones tv series"
>"i never saw it sorry"
>puts earphone back in ear
>i still rotate pedals but breath is start to be complicated
>i start to get incomfortable
>leave the gym

cardio is super important friends if i had more cardio i probably stay on bicycle machine longer and talk more with the girl and probably in evening have sex with the girl but right now any time penis gains erection i don't have girl so have to masturbate

>3/4/5/6, geared

Based OP. Fuck carb shills.

CICO does not work.

Rename the general to /keto/

Inb4 screeching leftists vegans

I lost 145 lbs doing a combination and keto and cico. One of the meme diets worked. Be safe, do both

Attached: 0fc.gif (350x263, 975.54K)

Today I made a kind of thick green lentil soup with lots of onions (the ones that grow underground and make your eyes sting), bell peppers, celery, chopped tomatoes from a can, mustard, herbs, black pepper, a tiny amount of olive oil, and stock cube. It was very filling for the number of calories and probably pretty healthy. I recommend making it.

Sounds so fucking good lemme get some

This will work as long as people are satiated and don't think
>well if im breaking the calorie limit i might as well eat carbs too

Making sure to get enough protein can help. Eating real food like meat and eggs will ensure adequate protein and high satiety.

Attached: 1601679474912.jpg (1920x1080, 467.72K)

Sounds like an awful low-fat vegan abomination.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-02-11 at 15-55-30 How Do You Make Cochinillo Asado, a Spanish Roast Suckling Pig .png (940x626, 941.92K)

I like keto and have previously been keto for a month to great effect but the general is just ruined by its constant spam. I have lost 40lbs so far with CICO. There are people who are slim or normal long term that eat carbs. Not everyone is going to just almost never have substantial carbs, the constant ketoposting makes the thread worse for the majority of regular posters who want to talk about the most popular fatloss method here (which does work even if you think it doesnt work as well).

Fatty contest
BridgeBreaker
106.4kg

Eat whatever you want. Nobody cares.

The crusaders against keto are 100% of the problem in this thread. Stop victim blaming.

For example:

Or rather the people who say carbs are fattening don't care if you eat carbs. The people who hate keto will get very upset if you stop eating carbs.

Just gotta wait until the autist decides to fixate on something else

>the basic laws of thermodynamics does not work
retard

strugglin bros. Was 261 last week, this week was 265. I stayed between 1500 and 2000 calories every day and worked out as usual. I'll post myfitnesspal logs to prove it, I am very frustrated that I did not lose and weight at a deficit this past week. I'll have to do better this week

Attached: nowisthetime.gif (520x375, 1.02M)

Is this supposed to look good? Jesus Christ Any Forums really is just a bunch of skinny fat DYELS

Sometimes weight comes off in weird ways. People here used to post about the "woosh" because it's very common for weight loss to stagnate despite your caloric deficit, then catch up to where it's supposed to be afterward. If youre certain that you're counting your calories right, just stay the course. It's annoying, but sometimes it just takes extra patience to get the results you've earned.

ignore keto schizos and you'll be fine.

there's water weight, muscle weight. your body weight will vary and it's fine user
the only thing that matters is fat loss, and you are achieving it

any sodium rich food recently? i had to order a pizza last weekend because i couldn't walk well to get my groceries due gout stroke. i stayed within my 1920 kcal limit but my weight went from 96,6 kg to 98 kg. five days later and i'm back to 97 kg.

Does it not?

CICO works theoritically, the problem is that it's impossible to measure both caloric intake and caloric expenditure.

Intake is variable because the digestion system is not 100% optimized for every single food, different enzyme profile for different people and fiber intake (to name a few variables).

Output is variable as because of the simple fact that the body will "use" calories depending on variables like metabolic rate and exercise which can fluctuate depending on macros, insulin response (OMAD vs regular 3-meals for example), blood sugar etc.

So yes, in theory CICO works, but it is impossible to have the formula right because it is too variable, and if you do it clumsily you might be effectively starving yourself(which is super uncomfortable and might break your will to keep up) or just reducing your metabolic rate to accommodate the low calories, resulting in no weight loss and frustration.

>LD-schizo in /trek/
>WVMsperg in /weg/
>Cucksperg in /weg/, /weg2d/, and /stg/
>FFXIV-schizo in any FF thread
>Vegan-schizo in the entire board of Any Forums
Nah. He'll never go away. I've been able to trigger the others into having such a huge meltdown that they get banned. But they keep coming back instead of just killing themselves like everyone else wants. I wonder if there are any schizos/spergs in /plg/ or other generals on Any Forums